Suggestions for Improvements to the Wrestler of the Week thread

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
How would I go about improving the Wrestler of the Week thread that I do. To get more People posting in there. And please don't say stop doing Japanese Wrestlers or Old Schoolers as they are just as important in Wrestling as the current crop of Wrestlers. Suggestions for Improvement of the format, and other things like that. Please no suggestion of Wrestlers as that defeats the purpose of this thread.

I think something that might help is asking people who they might want to see in a poll. Or maybe some kind of a theme month. For the most part the wrestlers you choose seem fairly random. Maybe a month of AWA then a month of NWA then 80s WWF. Throw in a poll to see who people want to see so you know you're picking someone people are interested in.

I tried that once. Dusty Rhodes, Triple H, Harley Race and Scott Steiner were the Poll options, Triple H won in a Landslide.

One Jake had been hounding me about. And the other three I threw up as a bit of an Experiment. I also did ask for a PM about the Wrestler of the Week, with the First person to get through getting their choice as the Wrestler of the Week

I think it's fine as it is. It's not going to attract many people some weeks because of the wrestler, sometimes because of other thinks ie Tournaments, and the appeal has worn off, It's a year old so It won't get as many people as usual.

Maybe make each one topical. There are anniversarys all the time in wrestling. For example it'll soon be 5 years since Goldberg went to WWE, and so on.

In my opinion, the best way to do it would be to create a new thread for each wrestler. Now, I don't know if that would happen, but I know personally that I don't usually comment on it simply because of the number of pages and so on. A good discussion may last several pages worth, and I just don't feel like going back all that way.

That may seem silly, but it's true. So, my suggestion is a new thread each week.

And hey, it's not like it will really hurt the Old School forum.

And please don't say stop doing Japanese Wrestlers or Old Schoolers as they are just as important in Wrestling as the current crop of Wrestlers.

^^

This is a major reason because nobody knows who these Japanese guys or old school nobodies are and most people won't take the time to watch the matches, so therefore, nobody comments.

Maybe with the more obscure wrestlers that aren't household names there could be an introduction. Nothing huge, just a few lines about why we should care.

So people would rather be ignorant than actually bean actively learning Wrestling Fan? And Sly the forum is so much better if it is set so you are viewing 40 posts at a time. That means you won't have to go as far back as you think in terms of pages.

Tell that to fans that have never seen it and stay with WWE regularly.

That was my point, plus, most people won't take the time to watch the matches to give an opinion on them.

And Sly the forum is so much better if it is set so you are viewing 40 posts at a time. That means you won't have to go as far back as you think in terms of pages.
I agree. I've had it set on 40 for a while now.

I still say that making a new thread would be much more likely to get some good responses, especially if you were to create some discussion for the thread. Right now, it's just kind of a Wikipedia version of accomplishments, matches, and your quick summary. If you were to do a new thread each week, with those things but also something that would entice people to debate, I think it would be a bigger hit.

So, for example, let's just say you did Hulk Hogan. A great comment would be "He is, hands down, the best/worst wrestler of all time." Just a simple statement like that is sure to bring loads of debate. Let's say you do Jeff Hardy. "Jeff Hardy is terribly underrated/overrated by fans due to supposedly spotty work".

Does that make sense? And if you do it in a different thread each week, it would be much more likely generate responses I believe.

I was just looking at your post for Kane, and I'm not a huge Kane fan, but I thought I might take a look at some of Kane's brightest moments and reconsider.

You have a lot of Kane matches posted, and I don't really want to watch a lot of Kane matches right now. Maybe in future post you could divide the links into what you think are the top 3-5 matches and then list the rest. This would make it easier to check out for any casual viewer and provide some extra debate fodder for people who disagree with your selections.

Just some food for thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back