Stone Cold Wrestlemania 28 Plans

I am Mr. Excitement

Occasional Pre-Show
"If Stone Cold appears at WrestleMania, he certainly isn't expected to do anything in the ring," a key WWE insider told us, "and Austin has not been shy in telling (WWE Chairman) Vince (McMahon) that he has no plans of playing second fiddle to The Rock in any way."

Austin has told some friends he would love to attend the event but does not want to even be asked to get involved in a match, since The Rock and John Cena are in the main event. "Austin has a plan, and it doesn't include being a supporting character in a Rock starring role," WrestleZone was told

This was posted on WZ news yesterday..What does this mean for Stone Cold's future? To me it sounds like if The Rock was not wrestling on Mania 28 then stone cold would have done something at Mania 28. What does this mean?

Discuss...

It simply means Stone Cold doesn't want to play second fiddle to The Rock. It is simple as that, nothing more and nothing less. Guys like Austin, Hogan, HBK, they don't want to be lower on the card compared to The Rock/Cena. And they have a perfect reason to, why should a WWE legend bother to try and upstage a Dwayne Johnson return? Hell, even guys like CM Punk have made it very clear they don't like Dwayne coming in and stealing the spotlight of hard working guys like himself. But it is just how things work.

Although anyone could have probably guessed it, this "news" report (and I say that lightly) confirms that Austin won't be in a match at Wrestlemania 28. However, I think the biggest think we can gather from this report is that due to the fact that a possible SCSA match was even touched upon, we may see one more match from Austin somewhere down the line, but just not at this year's Wrestlemania. Maybe seeing the Rock compete in another match will encourage Austin to have one last WM match too, maybe even next year at WM29.

I really think that all this Austin speculation will eventually lead to him having one more match, most likely at Wrestlemania. I don't see him waiting too long though, so if not WM29, definitely WM30 (which is rumored to be in his home state of Texas).

It simply means Stone Cold doesn't want to play second fiddle to The Rock.

That's true. The last thing Austin would want is for Rock's appearance to be announced a year in advance, with frequent mention and build-up through the entire year.....only then to have SCSA announced as a participant with such a short time to go before the event. If anything spelled out that Rock was more important than SCSA, that would do it.

I think Austin probably will wrestle one more time. When he does, he'll be the main legend of that year's Wrestlemania.....no one else. You can't really fault him, given what he was to the company back in the day. He wants his participation to be trumpeted with great fanfare; not slipped in as an added bonus attraction. Can't blame him, either.

In many ways, Austin's feature status is something from the past. While Rock's name has remained in the public eye due to his mainstream movie-making, Austin's name faded from our view for a long time after he took his ball and went home years ago, loudly proclaiming he was leaving pro wrestling behind. Even then, he waited too long before starting to make his "straight-to-DVD" films. Had he begun acting while he was still a WWE mega-star (a la John Cena) the theaters would have been packed in anticipation of seeing Stone Cold on the big screen. Instead, he waited, and many of today's young wrestling fans probably don't know how truly huge this guy was.

Still, for a Wrestlemania after this coming one, the WWE machine can work up some nice montages to awaken people's memories and stir their imaginations to make his appearance a memorable one. I'm sure they'll find the right opponent for him, too....and I wouldn't be at all surprised to find it someone he fought in the past, rather than making it a "past vs present" attraction like Cena-Rock.

But none of it happens this year. Only one legend-based main event to a Wrestlemania, thank you very much.

scsa is smart and will probably have his last match next year

i dont think for one minute anyone is interested in a austin rock match and the logical opponents would be vince due to the past or punk

i think they have been subliminley sowing the seeds for punk-austin. the t-shirt, the similarity in charachter and career.

i could see punk coming out the raw after wm saying good riddance to dwayne who has had his pay day and moved on before speaking of austin

he can compare austin not turning his back on the business and spend 10 minutes verbally kissing his ass before saying "steve, me and you big guy, next years wrestlemania. lets do it"

It's smart of Stone Cold to not work a match when they will already have the Rock doing the main event with Cena. He would be completely overshadowed, plus it gives the younger guys their chance to make it onto the card. It is clear that he will not be competing in the ring, so what will he be doing is the question.... There are a number of different things he might do.

He might be there to announce another season of Tough Enough to begin the following week. I would really want to see another, it was a good show. Perhaps he will be involved with the Hall of Fame ceremony rather than Wrestlemania itself. Or will he be in somebody's corner for a big match? What if Stone Cold were in Cena's or Rock's corner as their dream match plays out? I doubt it, but it would be pretty cool. I think he will end up showing up to make a nostalgic appearance or make some type of announcement. Maybe next year we will get a match between him and Punk or something. He's gotta have one more match in him, just not this year due to how overshadowed he would be by Rock VS Cena.

Austin has mentioned CM Punk.. I think by next year Punk will be even more over than he is right now, perfect for Austin/Punk to headline, just like Cena/Rock this year...

Isn't Austin there to induct someone at HOF? I could have sworn I saw his name. Also, pretty sure Tough Enough 2 will need promoting. Be good to see him at the event in some capacity. Even if it is backstage wishing Rock good luck or summit.

But as far as a match goes...gunna be WM29 or WM30 surely? Give Punk time to grow and get Austin back in the ring. Maybe WM30 is too far away but I heard it was rumoured to be Texas.

Austin will headline Mania 29, ten years to the day since his last match at Mania 19. I would guess it will be against CM Punk, but alot can happen in 12 months.

As for Mania 28, Id expect Austin to be inducting The Rock into the WWE Hall of Fame the night beforehand.
I cannot see any feuds or matches that Austin could be injected to with 6 weeks out. I see HBK attending, somehow involved in the HHH VS TAKER match, Foley may be thrown into a feud with Ziggler. Austin hates being overshadowed and not being the main event. He will be there in some sort of inconsequential role, but he will wrestle next year, and it will be HUGE

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back