Sting never had the WWE machine behind him.

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
WrestleManiaXIV.jpg

I wanted to voice my opinion on Sting VS Austin in the WZ Finals. I didn't really wanna go into detail, because I don't want to really debate who should win. There's a lot of reasons why I'd like Sting to win, but I rather not have to get into it.

I posted WM XIV because WWE had Tyson at the PPV and at the time, he was the baddest and one of the most famous men on the planet. This was probably around the same time WWE started to take over in ratings against WCW.

I was checking the ratings and the PPV's and as WWE's ratings went up in 98, the PPVs were mainevented by Austin/Taker/Kane/Dude Love.

The upper mid card was like New Age Outlaws, who I think people forget how extremely over they were. Those guys MADE DX. And matches between The Rock and Triple H, also The Rock/Mankind/Ken Shamrock.

The ratings didn't really skyrocket though into the 6.0+ until The Rock/Tripe H took over the main event and I'm looking through these PPVs towards the end of 1999, and Austin isn't even on the card. It's matches like Triple H/Rock/Big Show, Triple H vs Vince, The Rock vs Mankind.

I mean, I don't even see Austin late 1999s early 2000s when the ratings were probably at their highest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back