Spider-Man Joining Fantastic Four

JMS seems to be quite a variable writer. What I can say was that his run on Thor was awesome; particularly Thor tearing Iron Man a new ******** in flood-damaged New Orleans:

images

The Thor run was short and sweet which really is what his run on ASM should have been. He should have packed it in after the Book of Ezekiel. Or at least given us a better conclusion to Sins Past.

Guys, come talk to me about "alienating the Marvel/Spidey fanbase" and "not caring about the fans" after you've gone and relived The Clone Saga again.

Are people complaining about what's going on in Marvel's universe right now?

This is going to last for a month before it gets retconned out the ass. Human Torch will be back.

Yeah, Captain America's death made front page legitimate news. Guess who was back within months.

It's just a publicity stunt. The Torch will be back. It's a damn comic book. It's just to prove a point to the fans that they really care about the Fantastic Four, whether the movie buys say so or not.

DirtyJosé;2857186 said:
Guys, come talk to me about "alienating the Marvel/Spidey fanbase" and "not caring about the fans" after you've gone and relived The Clone Saga again.

Clone Saga at least some decent nuggets (Revelations was a pretty damn good conclusion), OMD has lead to fans being called out by creators and sex being shoved down everyone's throats in what they want to be perceived as a kids book, for more information see: SHED.

Are you talking about the Clone Saga that lead to us getting this guy..

Scarlet_Spider.jpeg

if so that's around the time I lost interest in collecting comics, and start focusing my money else where...

That is Scarlet Spider, he was a clone of Spider Man, who turned out to be the real Spiderman then was killed and his body disintegrated or some shit which somehow proved he was actually the clone of Spidey after all, or something like that, I just remember it being confusing as fuck and losing interest with comic in general around that time

God I hate Tasmania. the only comics we get are the book collections. I haven't read an actual fucking comic in years. (the phantom menace)

I don't really ever buy individual issues anymore, just graphic novels/trade paperbacks, when I read them I want the entire fucking story arc, or at least a good chunk of of it

Let the record show that the X-Men are still awesome, if not a little bureaucratic and crowded. The Avengers aren't too bad either, and the crossover series are generally pretty good. But yes, Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four sort of lack appeal right now, and I think combining the two is to try and spark interest in both of them.

Didn't Spider-man just recently become a full time member of the Avengers too?, if so does this mean he gets to wear that dumb white shit while with them or does he wear his old shit?, and doesn't this mean he has to make his identity known to both the Avengers and FF?

BTW does anyone else think "Future Foundation" sounds like a bad name for a wrestling stable?, perhaps Russo is writing comic books now, can't wait for the issue where they have Spidey fight Doom with the fate of humanity hanging on a pole...

It's not like any of you have actually been reading Fantastic Four, is it? About three people on the planet do. If you had, you'd be appreciative of Hickman's run on the book and have confidence in his changes to the title. I'm on board.

You mind letting a potential reader know of the good things he's done in his run? I usually don't read American comics because there's no real drama and the continuity has gotten horrible along with a lot of the stories, but I'm always hopeful. :shrug:

Let the record show that the X-Men are still awesome, if not a little bureaucratic and crowded. The Avengers aren't too bad either, and the crossover series are generally pretty good. But yes, Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four sort of lack appeal right now, and I think combining the two is to try and spark interest in both of them.

X Force like a motherfucker, especially now that Wolverine's reorganized the team.

353px-Uncanny_X-Force_Vol_1_1_Textless_Liefeld_Variant.jpg

Fuck yeah Ty, I dig X-Force. I do miss Warpath though, I always thought he was a sort of understated bad ass. I also with they kept X-23 and Domino on the team, but Deadpool is a more than suitable replacement. I loved the storyline when they went to the future and were trying to find Hope and hunt down Stryfe, it was just good stuff. Elixer really proved his usefulness as a mutant, something that had been understated before then.

That is Scarlet Spider, he was a clone of Spider Man, who turned out to be the real Spiderman then was killed and his body disintegrated or some shit which somehow proved he was actually the clone of Spidey after all, or something like that, I just remember it being confusing as fuck and losing interest with comic in general around that time

Basically back in the 70's there was the original Clone Saga which was awesome. It was built up and then blown-off in three parts and an epilogue. Case closed. Then someone (some say Todd McFarlane, others say Terry Kavanagh) came up with the idea of re-introducing the clone from that saga. And thus it happened but for some reason Marvel decided, just for the sake of a plot twist, to have Ben Reilly, the clone, be revealed as the true Spider-Man and the Peter Parker of the last 20 years would be a clone.

This, naturally didn't work out and sales began to tank. Bob Harris took over and, in one of his few good decisions, said that it needed to end, and fast. Thus Revelations took place and Norman Osborn was resurrected to be revealed as the mastermind of the Clone Saga. Norman killed Ben who turned out to be a Clone, while Peter was always the one true Spider-Man, Norman had just been fucking with him the whole time.

Fuck yeah Ty, I dig X-Force. I do miss Warpath though, I always thought he was a sort of understated bad ass. I also with they kept X-23 and Domino on the team, but Deadpool is a more than suitable replacement. I loved the storyline when they went to the future and were trying to find Hope and hunt down Stryfe, it was just good stuff. Elixer really proved his usefulness as a mutant, something that had been understated before then.

Domino should have been in the new X-Force, maybe replacing Fantomex, but honestly I know nothing about him so he could be pretty bad ass. I"m just stoked they brought together three of my favorite characters in Deadpool, Wolverine, and Psylocke for the new group.

Speaking of Domino, there was a more mature comic that started a few months back that had her being the central character and also featured a lot of Wolverine. I wish I could remember the name of the series now, but the first issue was awesome, gory as hell and the artwork was fantastic as well.

Oh and apparently Onslaught is back now.

I do like Psylocke, it's just a shame they traded two ass kicking babes out for one, but I mean, come on...

Psylocke_1a.jpg

Who can complain about getting to see that?

One thing I like about X-Force is they always seem to get real, top-notch super villains to fight. They had Stryfe during Messiah Complex, the Master Mold Sentinel during the Second Coming storyline, and now they get Onslaught? That's some solid stuff.

X Force like a motherfucker, especially now that Wolverine's reorganized the team.

353px-Uncanny_X-Force_Vol_1_1_Textless_Liefeld_Variant.jpg

Wait so let me get this straight, they put Wolverine, Deadpool, Psylocke, & Archangle, 4 of most badass characters ever to come out of the Marvel universe, on a team together?, WHY THE FUCK AM I NOT READING THIS?!?!

and who is the other guy?

Wait so let me get this straight, they put Wolverine, Deadpool, Psylocke, & Archangle, 4 of most badass characters ever to come out of the Marvel universe, on a team together?, WHY THE FUCK AM I NOT READING THIS?!?!

and who is the other guy?

Fantomex, never really heard of him before either. Looks pretty bad ass regardless. And yes, Uncanny X Force is fucking awesome.

Awesome, I just learned of a new Comics/Sports Memorabilia store in my town, I shall venture over there this weekend and see if they have any Uncanny X-force (it looks like their are 2 trade paperbacks out)

After doing a little bit of research, Fantomex and some other thing named E.V.A. (I can't tell if it's really a person or a computer or something) combine their powers to create extremely powerful and potent illusions. It's also said that telepaths cannot tell if he's lying or not because of his abilities. I love those secondary results from mutations, like how Gambit can turn women on by using his kinetic energy on their brains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back