So I guess Vince has really lost it

thestud77

Occasional Pre-Show
Allowing Brock to fight in the UFC? Really? What good does this do for the WWE? What if Brock loses? Some people are saying this is a trade of some sorts so expect to see Rhonda Rousey at Wrestlemania. Rhonda Rousey? :lmao: Rhonda Rousey is a woman and women will never draw a dime. This a huge screw up by Vince. I honestly see the WWE going out of business in five to ten years.

No reports are so sure that why or how this actually is happening. A year back Brock signed a 3 year contract with WWE for a specified set of appearances and matches. Anyhow, it was said that he worked more matches for that year due to WWE's poor viewership ratings. Speculation is that, WWE already had used all of Brock's appearances as said in the contract which might've made him book himself for UFC 200. I'll tell this again, not any reports are sure about this.

Allowing Brock to fight in the UFC? Really? What good does this do for the WWE? What if Brock loses? Some people are saying this is a trade of some sorts so expect to see Rhonda Rousey at Wrestlemania. Rhonda Rousey? :lmao: Rhonda Rousey is a woman and women will never draw a dime. This a huge screw up by Vince. I honestly see the WWE going out of business in five to ten years.

WWE wouldn't have done this if there wasn't something big in it for them. Period.

Part of that big draw is making Lesnar a legit star again. He was the hottest draw in the business when he came back to WWE, but after 4 years back it's not quite the same, getting back in UFC will remind everyone how legit he is. I'm sure UFC will be required to co-promote something for WWE too.

I'm sure this probably will free up Ronda too, but I don't think that matters anywhere near as much following her lose. However a year from now, if she returns to form, she could be a big draw too. Time will tell, the one thing I do know though, is that there is no way Vince allows this without having something substantial in it for himself, it just wouldn't be good business.

Rousey doesn't draw? Lol.

Vince isn't losing anything by having Brock go to the UFC for a fight or two. He's basically sending his top star out to another major promotion to do something he's very good at. The WWE could benefit simply from Lesnar appearing and saying I've slayed everyone in the WWE and I plan on doing so for the future or something like that so that people check him out in the WWE.

Imagine if Brock wins his match, the huge monster push he'd be in for. Well I mean an even bigger push. If Brock wins his UFC fight, I can see the WWE bringing out the Rock at WM and having Brock beat him as well.

Vince will probably get Rousey for WM or SS and that WILL be a big deal. I also wouldn't mind seeing a guy like Mir or Conner step into a WWE ring.

Rhonda Rousey is a woman and women will never draw a dime

I'm not sure if this was a rib or not. All you have to do is look up the buyrates for Ronda's PPV's. Her last fight against Holly Holm generated for a million buys. That's a lot of dimes.

As far as Lesnar it's a win win for both WWE and UFC. WWE needs a MAJOR shot in the arm and there is no promotion bigger right now than the UFC. UFC 200 is going to be a HUGE event. The Super Bowl and WrestleMania rolled into one and the UFC needs some MAJOR star power right now with both McGregor and Rousey, their two biggest stars being off the card. Lesnar's name still carries major weight in the UFC since there hasn't been a dominant American heavyweight since Lesnar.

Dana White wants a big time heavyweight fight for this event and Brock is the guy to deliver. It's free pub for the WWE. You can't buy the type of advertising that Lesnar (and the WWE) will get being on the UFC 200 card from Vegas.

What does Vince get for this? Reigns becomes the baddest man on the planet! Ahaha

On a serious note, WWE gets more mainstream appeal and maybe a Rousey or McGregor appearance in the future.

I think the bigger question is, what if Brock destroys a top heavyweight in the division? That could spell doom for his future in WWE. He'll want to go right after the UFC Heavyweight Champion right after that. Nobody really knows what's on the contract he signed with WWE either.

Imagine Brock returning to WWE with the UFC Heavyweight Championship around his waist. That would be pretty bad ass man.

Dana White should get CM Punk up to HW and feed him to lesnar, that'll draw big time...

On a more serious note, if Lesnar wins and steamrolls his opponent (1st round ko) and then shows up to raw on the monday right after, imagine the pop he'd get? That would legitimately be one of the biggest pops you'll ever hear...

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and is a really bad PR move by WWE.

In a BEST case scenario, Lesnar misses SummerSlam (one of the PPV's I was under the impression he was signed on to do) and is likely out the next 3-4 months minimum to train for the match and then recover/get back into shape afterwards.

In a WORST case scenario, Lesnar gets seriously hurt since he hasn't been in UFC since 2011, and he is out for a significant period of time.

I simply don't get why Vince would take this risk with one of, if not the current biggest draw, on the WWE roster.

In a BEST case scenario, Lesnar misses SummerSlam (one of the PPV's I was under the impression he was signed on to do) and is likely out the next 3-4 months minimum to train for the match and then recover/get back into shape afterwards.

WWE already said he'lll be back for SummerSlam. UFC 200 is July 9th, SummerSlam is August.

In a WORST case scenario, Lesnar gets seriously hurt since he hasn't been in UFC since 2011, and he is out for a significant period of time.

Possible, but HIGHLY doubt it. UFC is using Lesnar for his name only not some grudge match for even a title eliminator fight. They'll give some top 20 or over the hill heavyweight to steamroll.

I simply don't get why Vince would take this risk with one of, if not the current biggest draw, on the WWE roster.
sendpm.gif

Are you kidding. Lesnar gets a win on the biggest UFC show of the year then goes right into SummerSlam? how can he NOT take the risk?!!

Lost it? On the contrary, this move is genius!

Vince has (almost) always shown willing to rebuild bridges if it's best for business, and, as others have said, he won't have allowed Lesnar to sign on for UFC 200 without getting some kind of concession for the benefit of WWE.

Maybe McGregor. Probably Roussey. Who knows? Maybe Dana White shows up as the new Smackdown GM? ;-)

The only risk is a Lesnar injury, but I doubt White would put Lesnar up against the cream of the crop as it will in essence be an exhibition match. But until we know exactly what WWE get out of the deal (which we might not find out until Wrestlemania), it's far too early to accuse Vince of having 'lost it'

Just wait for Brock to enter with Paul Heyman, with WWE music and suplex city shirt on.
"Hey, it's Brock! Where have you been Brock?"
"in WWE, watch it on monday nights"
- free advertisement

Ladies and gentelmen, my name is Paul Heyman, and i'am an advocate for The Conqueror, The Beast Incarnate, the only man who held both UFC and WWE titles - Brrrrrrrock Leesnar!!!

Really? Women never draw a dime? Sexist much. Who was the biggest draw in ufc last year? Rhonda rousey. Every ppv she was on last year draw more then any other ufc ppv in 2015. After wrestlemania last year, she was in the most talked about segment of that year wrestlemania. Everytime ufc is promoting a women's match, their buy rate goes up. So don't tell me that women's don't draw because when promoted right, they can draw as much money as men does.

Has for brock fighting in july, vince would let him fight if he didn't get something in return. This situation feel like the one a couple of years ago when wwe inducted the horsemen in the hall of fame and needed to broke a deal with tna to get ric flair their and they exchange flair for christian. So I'm guessing that they did something like that we're they let lesnar fight and in exchange they get one of their fighter to wrestle at a big event like wrestlemania or summerslam.

Could be he didn't have a choice. It's been rumoured that Brock is a master when it comes to negotiating and Vince was desperate to get him to do this year's Mania. The WWE issued the following announcement after the UFC announced Lesnar would fight at UFC 200.

Brock Lesnar remains under contract to WWE, however, he has been granted a one-off opportunity to compete at UFC 200. Following this milestone event on July 9, Brock will return to WWE for SummerSlam on Sunday, August 21, live on WWE Network.

Don't know what's in it for Vince and Co. but he's not a stupid man either. As for Rousey she would still draw, but just underwent surgery and she's still under contract to UFC. Besides since she lost it's been one excuse after another for her not to get back into the octagon. First she was injured, then filming a movie, now the surgery. No one knows for sure if she ever will make it back and what kind of shape she'll be in mentally and physically. Dana White has said she will get a title shot, but it remains to be seen when that will happen.

Could be he didn't have a choice. It's been rumoured that Brock is a master when it comes to negotiating and Vince was desperate to get him to do this year's Mania. The WWE issued the following announcement after the UFC announced Lesnar would fight at UFC 200.

Brock Lesnar remains under contract to WWE, however, he has been granted a one-off opportunity to compete at UFC 200. Following this milestone event on July 9, Brock will return to WWE for SummerSlam on Sunday, August 21, live on WWE Network.

Don't know what's in it for Vince and Co. but he's not a stupid man either. As for Rousey she would still draw, but just underwent surgery and she's still under contract to UFC. Besides since she lost it's been one excuse after another for her not to get back into the octagon. First she was injured, then filming a movie, now the surgery. No one knows for sure if she ever will make it back and what kind of shape she'll be in mentally and physically. Dana White has said she will get a title shot, but it remains to be seen when that will happen.

You say that Vince is not a stupid man, and normally I would agree.

However, what sane man signs a guy to a multi-million dollar contract who only shows up from time to time?

The fact is, Brock gets paid more than most for doing less than most.

Not only that, but what is the WWE's end-game for Brock? Who are they finally going to have beat him? You can't have Brock dominate forever. One day, they must have a hero emerge, who bests Brock, once and for all. Otherwise his matches become boring and predictable.

Unless Vince has Brock fight UFC, Brock wins, means that he beat someone in UFC, but then Vince has Brock lose to a WWE guy, which sends the message that WWE is better than UFC, because they have someone who can better Brock. It might be a way of Vince embarrassing UFC.

Couple thoughts:

1. Brock Lesnar has a 3 year contract with the WWE. Do people really think Vince McMahon would agree to let Lesnar fight in a UFC Octagon for nothing? Has Vince all of the sudden had some sort of transformation over the past 2 months that I haven't noticed? The only way I can see this being a one way deal is if Lesnar somehow finagled this fight into his original contract last year, but than again, the timing still seems odd... Would he have added that clause with a set goal of UFC 200 in mind? I doubt it. This seems like Dana needing a big draw for their biggest ever PPV after Rousey and McGregor dropped out and their next biggest option was Brock Lesnar. That means Dana likely approached Vince with "Let's do business", which may mean we do get Rousey at Mania. These guys are businessmen, they will work together in a heartbeat if it benefits both of their bottom dollars.

2. I think there's a good shot of him getting smashed if he's fighting at Heavyweight. It's been 5 years since his pretty pathetic loss to Overeem, and there are rumors of him going up against people from Hunt to Carwin. If he fights Carwin he may have a good shot of winning considering both have been gone for a while but it SEEMS like the leading candidate right now is Mark Hunt, and I don't know if he'd make it out of the first round against him. I think Coco brought it up in another thread, that could actually damage his kayfabe gimmick as an unstoppable beast. This is damn intriguing all around, I don't think there's ever been a situation like this. I was already going to watch UFC 200 but this made a must see for MMA and wrestling fans alike.

EDIT: Even if Lesnar was holding out for more money for this years Mania, he'd be in breach of contract for not showing up. I really can't see Vince agreeing to this just because Brock threatened to no show Mania. I can't see Brock risking the lawsuits and whatnot of actually not showing up. So I don't think that's the case, though of course, I could be wrong.

We don't know the reasoning behind it but im sure it will come out at some point. WWE has shown willingness in the past to work with competition and I'm sure WWE will be getting something out of it, be it monetary or access to another talent. After all they were able to broker an agreement with TNA that brought Flair in for the Horsemen induction and gave TNA access to Christian for a handful of dates.

Fact of the matter is, WWE has always allowed certain talent to branch out over the years, especially after Rock started having success in movies, after all they never stopped Jericho from working with his band as long as it didn't interfer with his WWE schedule. Lesnar for all we know very well may have it in his contract that he's allowed to entertain outside offers as long as they don't interfer with his WWE dates.

It's never a bad idea to branch out and get your product out there in a new way, I'm sure if WWE is promoting it they're getting something out of it too, I'm sure UFC will push Summer slam for them and quite possibly opening the door for something down the road.

you people are sooo dumb sometimes. while this is a FIRST FOR WWE but it is NOT a first for Pro wrestling. seeing as how Bobby Lashley has been wrestling in TNA and fighting in Belator mma for a few years now.
will this work to WWEs advantage, i believe so. as others have stated the only thing Vince has to fear is a Lesnar injury, but that is unlikely as brock will face a newbee or someone who hasn't fought in awhile either. and you know vince is gettting something out of this, and it is most likely a Rousey wrestling match at Mania

Allowing Brock to fight in the UFC? Really? What good does this do for the WWE?

Publicity, and More Publicity it will always be "WWE superstar Brock Lesnar to return to UFC".

What if Brock loses?

Have you seen Brock Lesnar? Do you think this sissy is going to fight someone with some serious clout that might actually beat him? This is why you are not in Business. Vince and Dana clearly have worked out all the kinks in the plan...Brock comes back draws wrestling fans along with others that for some odd reason are lesnar fans. WWE will be mentioned over and over again leading up to the fight.

7 Total posts on Wrestlezone.com with something about this event on the day that the greatest boxer of all time dies. Ali is pushed aside my many news outlets to run this story. But hey maybe you are right Vince has lost it!! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

This a huge screw up by Vince. I honestly see the WWE going out of business in five to ten years.

Clearly.

You are an idiot. Plain and simple. Women can't draw? Ever hear of Rhonda Rousey? Ever hear of the Fabulous Moolah? Ever hear of Wendi Richter who, at one time, was almost as popular as Hulk Hogan? Ever hear of Chyna?
This is a can't lose scenario for the WWE. Lesnar is back in the MMA spotlight where he will be part of at least 2 million PPV draws. Vince is salivating at the marketing potential in his return. Lesnar = $$$$$

This a huge screw up by Vince. I honestly see the WWE going out of business in five to ten years.

Absolutely right.

I'm surprised he's not already out of business, and NOW he's managed to crossover one of his biggest draws/stars into UFC 200, which NOW may be poised to be the promotion's biggest event to date. If that doesn't scream "bad business," I don't know what does.

I can't believe Vince doesn't have the sense to see that all this does is give his own company MASSIVE WIDESPREAD EXPOSURE surrounding someone else's landmark event.

Stupid, stupid Vince!

Idiot.

This is perfect business for Vince.

If Lesnar loses, nothing happens, WWE knows how to banish the defeats of their superstars. But the publicity and exposure its going to do marvels for Vince.

If Lesnar wins, oh boy...WWE will have the most legit performer in the history of the business (even when i think lesnar already is). The most dominate force ever.

WWE wins in every scenario, except to a degree if Lesnar gets seriously injured, which i dont think its gonna happen. As someone already said, just image Brock coming to the octagon to his WWE Theme song and with Heyman by his side, priceless. The reality era in full force. And who knows....maybe we will see Punk back in WWE in the near future (Im convinced that this Lesnar fight has something to do with Punk showing up on WWE sometime).

This is perfect business for Vince.

If Lesnar loses, nothing happens, WWE knows how to banish the defeats of their superstars. But the publicity and exposure its going to do marvels for Vince.

Eh, I don't necessarily agree with this line of thinking. People already know who Brock Lesnar is, the guy is a former UFC Heavyweight Champion after all. Fight fans of course know who he is and most of them obviously didn't follow him to WWE the first time. WWE will likely get some publicity out of this but Dana White is the guy who's going to seriously profit in this scenario.

Also, it may be true that nothing will happen if Lesnar loses, but wrestling fans won't forget about it. WWE have shown they can crappily book themselves out of predicaments, but this would be a whole different beast, especially considering he's their top commodity.

If Lesnar wins, oh boy...WWE will have the most legit performer in the history of the business (even when i think lesnar already is). The most dominate force ever.

Depending on who he fights, probably. Chances of him walking out with a W are likely going to be slim though.

WWE wins in every scenario, except to a degree if Lesnar gets seriously injured, which i dont think its gonna happen.

This could very well happen as this will be the first time Lesnar squares off in 5 years. Injuries happen all the time in the UFC. I don't know, I just don't really agree that WWE is getting some MASSIVE publicity out of this and that's why they did it. If that's the case, why didn't they cross-promote ages ago? It's not like they didn't have the talent.

Any way you slice it, Vince ends up with the short end of the stick here unless there is some "other" kind of deal being made.

The most interesting thing about this is if Chael Sonnen is right in the assumption that Vince's phone never even rang when it came to getting this match together. If that is indeed the case, then the WWE can't really complain. And for all of the people giving Vince some shit, then they would have to eat their words; given that he wouldn't have had a choice in the matter.

If that's not the case and Vince was consulted, then I am caught in two minds about whether or not it will be a good decision or not. I guess we will have to wait and see whether it turns out to be positive or not. If Lesnar goes on to win and prove that he is a beast in every combat sport that he has competed in, then the WWE and the UFC are both going to look good for making the deal happen. But the only party that stands to lose anything from this deal is Brock Lesnar. His reputation of being an utter bad-ass is going to take a major hit if he goes out there and gets destroyed in 30 seconds.

But then no one really thinks that he's going to lose, do they? I have a feeling that Frank Mir is going to be the opponent for Brock Lesnar and, if that is the case, then Lesnar really should come through it without too many issues.

There are so many layers to this deal and so many question marks that it is impossible to know whether or not this deal was one that needed to be done. The WWE are said to be cross-promoting this match; which seems utterly mad to me. But that only strengthens the case that the WWE knows who he will be facing and know that he probably stands to come through the fight looking good. Everyone stands to benefit from this is Lesnar can get the job done. The real issues are going to arise if Lesnar goes out there at UFC 200 and gets creamed.

What if Brock loses?

Obviously Brock winning his fight is a great thing, but losing isn't likely to be of much detriment to his presentation in the context of WWE, even if it does bruise his ego on a personal level.

Do you believe that WWE will suddenly stop presenting him as dominant in the WWE environment, stop protecting him in matches by showing how strong he is, even if he loses those matches, stop having Paul Heyman build him up as invincible, even if that involves using the standard exaggerations and fabrications, and so on?

Hopefully he wins, but if he loses then WWE wil likely twist things and use that to their advantage as it gives more reason to have Brock (in character) be angry and take out that anger on whoever, which actually helps continue with or add to his WWE persona. If fans have some sort of negative chant about how he lost, tapped, out, or whatever, it's another thing that WWE would probably twist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back