Smoke Me A Kipper, It's The Red Dwarf Thread

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
logo05.gif

RedDwarf.jpg

Sample Scene:

[youtube]d-_2_CHn7jU[/youtube]​

I'm not a big Sci-fi fan. But Red Dwarf is one of the greatest TV shows of all time. Thefirst two series are almost perfect. Especially when The Cat acted just like a well dressed feline. The supsequent ones are less so, but they're still really good. Kryten really drags the show down in the third series, but it's still good even with him. Unfortunately the final two series don't work as well. With six series without a living female as a regularon the cast it just doesn't work. It's ok, but nothing special.

I'm down right shocked noone else replied to this thread. Disgusted, I am.

Red Dwarf was a television show I'd watch on Friday night's. (pathetic, I know) A friend actually got me interested in the show. The Cat was always my favorite character, and ironically enough I didn't care greatly for Lister.

The only thing that threw me off was because I wasn't able to always see every episode, at one point Holly (the ship's cpu) went from being a man to a woman.. and I didn't get, or understand why.

I lost track of the show completely around the time Lister's female interest became a on-cast member. I haven't watched it since, but noticed the seasons are all for sale really cheap and thought about them being a Christmas gift or something.

Red Dwarf is quality. Just because of how cheap the budget for it was, and how it blatently shows on the show, just makes it funny. Albiet, the plots are always amusing and the actors are quality on the show. Every show made you laugh. I need to buy all of them on DVD before they stop showing it on television, because it really is a quality show. Shame it stopped.

I love Red Dwarf, when I first watched it i was thinking to myself 'what the fuck is this' however its increadibiliy funny. Especially the first 4 series. I actualy quite likes series 8 too but it still wasn't as funny as the first two. Rimmer really is the star of the show in my opinion, it is his character that allows for the majority of the jokes, and when he left the show really suffered.

They are actually producing a number of specials this year for the TV channel Dave, On wikipedia it says that there are 3 full episodes and 1 special been shown from 10-13 April -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Red_Dwarf_episodes#Specials_.282009.29

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back