Smackdown....Will It Survive? (merged)

Jason75

Dark Match Winner
Should Raw and Smackdown be combined again, I don't think lower card super stars would get a chance, If both shows are combined of course theres gonna be more star power, but all the main eventer will be running the show.

i don't think it should because there is so many wrestlers, and a lot of the mid-card wrestlers wouldn't get a shot, and it would be a lot harder for a young guy to get a push

I think it's fine where it is right now. However, I'd like to see the less-used talent do interpromotional matches via Heat and Velocity.

With the split rosters, a lot of people feel that certain wrestlers are shafted. Combine the brands and we get certain wrestlers appearing on both shows which further pushes people back. While it's true that some wrestlers can go to ECW now it's also true that there's only so much time there as well so it's not like ECW existing or some people being injured suddenly changes one of the split's main reasons for existing.

As it stands the tag division for example is underutilized. People assume that having no split or combining the titles suddenly changes that. Having no split does NOT guarantee that anything will change.

i think they should be, but there is the problem of an overcrowded roster...maybe in a few years when some of the top dogs step down(angle, taker,hbk, benoit,hhh eventually,and booker to name a few). however, with ecw relaunching and getting a tv deal, this could be a place for some of the newer guys to go. whether it be to get some ring exp., or to get some exposure since they're not getting used on raw and sd!. they should keep it that guys can get traded/sign from wwe to ecw, and vice versa. would keep the illusion that there is actually a 'wrestling war' going on. plus let's face it, alot of the nonames on raw/sd! are bound to be released anyways, b/c that's how it always goes: creative supposedly can't come up with anything for these young faces, whose in-ring work would be more than enough to sell themselves over with the crowd, and they're never used. therefore, they get the boot. the neverending cycle...

Keep it the way it is. If they did make it one brand again, like someoen else said, lots of superstars that are main eventers on their brands now will be turned to mid carders, and mid carders will then be pushed down as well. There is just too many superstars to even think of attempting to do that.

I would like to see it still two different shows, but what I would do is make the champs stick to a brand and let everyone else go back and fourth to each show. To keep the shows as even as possible, I would have a storyline or a feud stay only on one show. That way you can keep mid and low card guys more get their air time, and a chance to build them up. This would help imo wrestlers who are running out of good feuds on that brand. Like JBL, their is not much left for him with just Smackdown wrestlers. Just a thought.

I think what they should do is bring the rosters back together. Have Vince tell the Coach and Long that they both are "FIRED"! And starting immediately the rosters will be combined because of how awful the GM were doing. Let this last for several months than have Shane come on and say that he owns 25% of the company and his mom gave up her 25% to him, therefor he owns 50% now. Have him appoint new GMs, and than have a new draft.
The whole story idea may not sound to well, but I think the shows need to come together for a little while. It will help Smackdown out a lot as far as the ratings go. Just an idea from a nut like me...

WWF-Attitude- said:
One Roster has worked before, it will work again

Do you realize that when that one roster worked things were a hell of a lot different. When there was one roster were there 20 or more new people being brought up per year? Were forums as prevalent with nitpicking fans expecting everyone to get pushes as fast as possible. It worked cause there were a lot less wrestlers employed AND a lot less expectations.

Welcome to 2006.

Obbie said:
It will help Smackdown out a lot as far as the ratings go.

That's far from being a guarantee. For one multiple outlets per week do not even air Smackdown at the correct time. The ratings excuse is poor cause it simply measures who is able to watch and not how many people that have UPN would actually watch if allowed to.

hhh_#1fan said:
I think it would be a good idea if they were joined again cuz i feel ever since raw and smackdown were seperated it hasnt been the same

If they had stayed together they still probably wouldn't have seemed the same since the fascination with bringing up a lot of developmental wrestlers per year probablys till would have existed which would have helped create a clusterfuck of a roster.

The better option would be (if ECW works) to make Smackdown WCW... makes a lot of sense as it is predominantly made up of ex WCW champs at the mo like Rey, Booker, Benoit...

THTRobtaylor said:
The better option would be (if ECW works) to make Smackdown WCW...

WCW was very similar to WWF as far as wrestling styles were concerned. WWE using the ECW name can possibly offer us something different. WWE using the WCW name would probably offer us nothing different than we already get with Raw and Smackdown other than a bit of a different roster and a different name. That's unless WWE let the WCW brand involve less restrictions than the WWE brand. With ECW WWE can offer us some known ECW names and have WWE wrestlers join the brand and show us something different than they do in WWE. If someone were to go from WWE to a WWE created WCW how much do you really think would change as far as how the wrestlers are presented?

What does firing the jobbers have to do with ending the split though? It may briefly mean less people on the roster , but as we've seen every time that there are a list of roster cuts, one or two guys always take their spots, therefore maintaining the roster size.

Maybe now since ECW is back and some of the wrestlers are going there they should join raw and smackdown back together and should go back to just doing 1 show a week.

honestly the whole brand thing is stupid and i never liked it i hope they go ahead and end it

big roster no problem fire the people that dont get used who needs them

and this whole the big guys will hog the show pfff you all seem to forget their was a time when their was no brand bullshit and things worked just fine guys like stone cold hhh the rock all these guys were able to go from low to mid to main event without some stupid draft angle

with randy orton going to raw smackdown loses yet another well known guy i mean holy shit smackdown is going to shit why because it's a boring show with no big names on it

as for firing people i dont see why they would have to fire alot of guys you have 2 wwe tv shows 2 internet shows and an ecw show

and of course wwe has alot of guys on the roster who should of been fired long ago because their worthless

raw is so much better then smackdown because raw has all the guys you wanna see smackdown has nothing

join the brands and save smackdown or it will get canceled

They shouldn't combine the rosters at all. The midcarders will get underused. The WWF made stars out of midcarders: Rick Rude, Jake the Snake, Bulldog (early), Mr. Perfect, Honky Tonk Man, Texas Tornado, Owen. These are guys who didn't fight for the big titles in the WWF/E but they didn't suck either. Some guys should jump from Raw to Smackdown but this gives the chance for some guys to shine. If you let them go, they'll shine in TNA. Look at Christian, he left he claims because of the schedule but if you think about it the WWE never took him seriously, now he's in the top few in TNA.
Leave it like it is, don't combine.

It really looks like it will all be one roster again. That has to be the plan... otherwise WWE is the biggest bunch of idiots on the face of the earth. Orton has so much opportunity on SmackDown, he'd be the top heel and a ready made feud with Batista.. and you put him on RAW where there are others in front of him. So let's see.... SD has lost Angle, JBL, Benoit, Burchill, MNM, Orlando, Animal, Guido, Steven Richards, Tazz and now Orton... if I missed anyone I apologize. It's hard to keep up when everyone is leaving the damn show for RAW or ECW. At least Kennedy is back and Batista will be back. I've always supported SD because they are the underdog.. but man it looks very grim right now. Unless they push Booker hard, stop putting Matt Hardy on Velocity, maybe get some of that underused talent on RAW like Conway, Dinsmore, Striker and Val... or something.

BTW, I also think Masters will come to SmackDown when he returns.

Raw is just plain better than SmackDown and it will stay like that cuz Smackdowns a family show and Raw and ECW R like TV14 and that attracts more ppl.

well something must be happening with smackdown losing so many superstars.
At first i just thought that smackdown were unlucky with injuries but after seeing jbl leave and randy orton in a raw shirt at head to head there must be a storyline with smackdown

Why do any jobbers, or superstars that have no storylines scripted what so ever, be fired. Heat is a great way for, if the show was used right, to meddel and sort through the new talent using once great stars like Goldust or even Snitsky. The talent are just being squashed by superstars that are just crap in the and on the mike, I.E Great Kahli, Umaga.

Smackdowns gone, first the annouce team, now Orton and next with out a doubt Mysterio. The only hope that SD has is if Batista comes back or somelike the Rock or Austin which is highly doubtful. I dunno but with this move by WWE I truly think WWE Smackdown is no more.

I don't get what there doing to smackdown by sending orton to raw, but once everyone returns it could be saved they just need more main eventers

SMACKDOWN HAS INDEED DIED. I havent watched Smackdown for two weeks because it was so bad but i was going to tune into it this week because Orton was returning, I guess that wont be happening seeing as hes come to RAW which works out great for me , one less reason AGAIN not to watch shitedown. WWE seem to be intent on ending Smackdown as if they think its a rival brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back