• Stinger

• Arlo

• Red Skull

• Gil T Azell

• StraightEdgedSoldier

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
Welcome to an exciting new contest taking place here in the Graphics Section! Here, sig makers will attempt to show off their skills when given a specific render or theme to make. In one week, these sig makers have to submit one sig to this thread. That sig will be voted on by you! The poll will be added on March 31st, with a new Sig Of The Week Challenge starting the day after on April 1st. So while you guys are voting, a new Sig Of The Week Challenge will already be underway. Since this is the first one, I've decided to give a choice of renders for this week. Sig Makers must make a sig out of one of the following renders...

fake_randy.jpg

http://psd-dreams.de/render.php?image_id=36536

mario.jpg

http://psd-dreams.de/render.php?image_id=25868

Rocky.jpg

http://psd-dreams.de/render.php?image_id=157&mode=search

Please keep all conversation inside of the "Another Competition?" thread, which will be used as the discussion thread.

I'd like to wish everyone good luck, and with that said...

Your time starts now.​

Wow, I guess I'm first in.

SOTW1.png

As this has to be non-spam, I'll try to explain what I did briefly.
I started with a transparent bg but then made a new layer and filled it red. I then put a stock image on top but put a mode on so it blended in. Then I put in my 2 renders and did some brushwork behind them. I added some effects to the main render. I downloaded a mario font and just wrote MARIO. Then I just moved the red/stock layers down for the transparent top effect and added a border to it.

There you go. Hopefully I'm in with a chance.

PS: I love this idea of yours Stinger. I think it might be worth adding a size limit, but that's up to you.

I did Mario, too. Well, Mario & friends. I'm not really a video game fan so it was a cool experience for me.

Mario2.png

I was looking at Doc's creations thread, and saw an awesome sig (as you would if you ventured into his thread). It inspired me to use block colours and thick black lines - a combination which I always think works well. I started with putting in the black dividing lines and did each section simultaneously like this. Colour (with a similar colour blended in with it), render (set to overlay) and then the pattern over the top. It's real simple, but I think it looks great. Mario was put in. I used the classic "duplicate, desaturate duplicate, set to overlay method" and added a drop shadow. A border and some light brush embellishment was added and that was it.

I also did one without text as I couldn't decide on which one was best.

Mario.png
Feedback will be very much appreciated and, of course, repped.

ek40n9.png

This is basically the same thing I've done for the last few sigs of mine - but I changed things up a bit. First off, I started with grunge brushed right away, no cloudy background. Instead of setting the second background to overlay, I set it to hard mix. After that I put a space stock on top of it and set it to lighten. I enlarged the canvas to 400x250 and added the text. For the text, I added a drop shadow, pattern overlay, and a gradient overlay set to 30% opacity.

Guys I've had an embarrasing mishap with my photobucket account. Somehow I've supposedly spent 10 of my 50 monthly gigs on pb uploads, which I think is bullshit! I've uploaded my entry elsewhere, so here it is.

sotw1v.png

As this has to be non-spam, I'll try to explain what I did briefly.
I started with a transparent bg but then made a new layer and filled it red. I then put a stock image on top but put a mode on so it blended in. Then I put in my 2 renders and did some brushwork behind them. I added some effects to the main render. I downloaded a mario font and just wrote MARIO. Then I just moved the red/stock layers down for the transparent top effect and added a border to it.

There you go. Hopefully I'm in with a chance.

PS: I love this idea of yours Stinger. I think it might be worth adding a size limit, but that's up to you.

italianstallion.jpg

This was pretty simple to make. I took four pictures of Rocky hitting each one of his opponents from the movies and randomly spread them around the canvas. I used a small glow brush so the edges of the pics kind of blended with each other. then I added a gradient map over that. I put in the render of Rocky and darkened it a bit. Added a glow around him and trimmed the edges a little (the render had some blue around it). The text is one of the basic cursive fonts and I just added a glow. I don't know why the quality is grainy, wasn't like that until I uploaded it but I think it adds some character to it.

EDIT: Lol I just realized I spelled Italian wrong, what a dumbass. Too late to fix it now lol.

I chose the Mario picture because it would give me an advantage in creativity with different background pictures. I don't really know what I do, I really sort of freestyle it with most of my pictures because I guess I can run loose with them.

Mario.jpg

OrtonJedi.png

I started with a blue background. I added some grey brushstrokes. Then a pair of blue ones. Next I added a picture of the Death Star on one side, representing the Star Wars part of this. I added a wrestling ring on the other side, representing that he's a wrestler. Next, I put them on overlay. I added the main render, duplicated the hell out of it to make it glow. Then I added another duplicate on hard light, I used blue and white stroked text on a Star Wars font. Last, I addd a white and blue border.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back