Sig Competition - The stakes? High favor of the best Admin on the WZ Forums

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
This is, I do believe, the first time I have ever asked for a sig banner from another member on the forum. Usually, on the rare occasions I have a signature banner, I make them myself, but this one is far beyond my rather limited Photoshop abilities. So, since this is such a tough sig banner I'm looking for, and because I'm kind of a big deal (being an Admin and all), we're going to make this a competition. The rules are as follows:

The Rules:

1) The winner of the competition will be the one whose signature banner I choose to wear. The winner will see my sig banner in my sig for an undetermined amount of time, will receive some handy Admin rep, and if I think of anything else, I'll throw that your way as well. Pleasing the Admin has its advantages.

2) I reserve the right to choose NO winners. If I don't like any of them, I will not pick any of them, and no one will be a winner. I do not care how long you spent working on your sig banner, and I don't care if you are the only one to submit a banner; if I don't like it, I will not choose it as a winner.

3) I prefer the banner to be 500 pixels wide x 300 pixels in height. However, given the nature of the request and what I'm looking for, I will also accept sig banners with a 400x400 dimension, if it's necessary to get everything in that I want. I will not tolerate anything other than 500x300 or 400x400.

4) You may submit as many sig banners as you like. Make 5 if you want, and think it gives you a better chance to win.

5) I want something striking to the eye, a sig banner that's dark with striking brightness. I'll explain that more in-depth when I give what I'm looking for.

6) This needs to be an original work of art. If you want to find graphics to piece together with custom backgrounds, fine, but you also need to make it original. And given what I'm looking for, I don't expect that to be much of a problem.

7) You are not allowed to sign this banner in any way. If I were to present this banner on another website, I don't want anyone to know where it came from or who made it.

8) There is no timetable on this competition. However, if I choose a winner before you submit, you're pretty much out of luck. However, you are welcome to submit it, and if I like yours better, we'll just have more than one winner.

Obviously, you do not have to follow these rules...and you don't have to participate. However, if you do wish to participate, you MUST follow these rules. This will be a challenging request, so I highly recommend if you decide to do it, then follow the rules so you're not just wasting your time. So, if you're still interested, read on.

The Competition

I'll break this up in numbers, just so it's easier to read. However, it's not really a step-by-step process, just doing it to make it easy to read.

1) I am looking for a signature banner in which Raistlin Majere is raining down lightening bolts and fire on mass enemies, an example of his immense power as the greatest mage to ever walk on Krynn, in the Dragonlance series of books.

2) In the image, I want to see Raistlin, on some kind of elevated ground or platform, with his hands either up in the air or out in front of him, discharging lightening from his fingertips down upon draconians, goblins, kobolds and/or even humans.

3) I want there to be evidence of previous magicks littering the ground in the form of raging fires, and charred or destroyed bodies.

4) I want Raistlin in his soft black velvet robes. The Staff of Magius is optional. Raistlin's skin needs to be the golden color, and his hair white.

5) I want this image to be the epitome of "bad ass". I want it to be night time, with the the sky being brightened by Raistlin's magic. I want this to be a dark image, with the striking brightness coming from the lightening from his hand, and the fire raging amongst his enemies.

6) I want the sig banner to be eye-catching, and slick/glossy. I don't want plain.

7) Raistlin's face can be calm and peaceful, or it can be ferociously evil. It CANNOT be smiling, as Raistlin never smiles.

I think this is about it for what I'm looking for. In my last post, I will provide a brief history of Raistlin, as well as an image so you have an idea of what you are looking, in order to best accomplish this task.

The Backstory

Raistlin Majere was born a frail and sickly child, the twin of a strong and healthy brother. The two twins are constantly referred to as two halves of the same coin. Whereas his brother is big, strong, healthy, trusting and dumb, Raistlin is frail, weak, distrustful, intelligent, and has no friends except for his magic. As Raistlin grows up, he finds the only thing which has meaning in his life is the magic. Raistlin constantly seeks more information and more power, with the goal of some day dominating any and everyone he meets. Raistlin continues to grow in power, until one day he is considered the greatest living mage in the world.

However, this is not enough for Raistlin. He goes back in time to study with the man all magic-users consider the greatest mage ever, learns from him, and takes his identity, all for one purpose; to challenge the god of evil and replace her amongst the gods.

Raistlin is generally without compassion for those he deems to be inferior, except the truly pitiful, the ones the gods seemingly ignored. For those wretched and poor creatues, whose life was determined by fate, he may take pity or even befriend them, thus showing that, despite his evil and sinister attitude and outlook, there is still a human element inside him, an element which shows he remembers what it is like to be distrusted, cast aside, and snubbed.

Here is a picture of Raistlin, and an example of what I'm kind of looking for. However, it's only to provide a clue as to what you are looking for, as there are obviously elements which don't come close to what I want in my banner.

mage.jpg

I would like Raistlin to appear younger than he does here.

Think you have all that? Then let the games begin. And if you have any questions, please ask them, and I'll try to answer them. I know it's a lot to ask for, but like I said, you don't have to do it if you don't want.

Enjoyed doing this quite a bit. I don't say it to kiss ass,it's just that it's a different style than what I normally do:

2ugjxq1.jpg

[QUOTE="iMPACT! Player" Riaku;2432041]Enjoyed doing this quite a bit. I don't say it to kiss ass,it's just that it's a different style than what I normally do:

2ugjxq1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It looks good, however it does not meet my second condition:

Me said:
2) In the image, I want to see Raistlin, on some kind of elevated ground or platform, with his hands either up in the air or out in front of him, discharging lightening from his fingertips down upon draconians, goblins, kobolds and/or even humans.

It also does not meet my fourth condition:

Me said:
4) I want Raistlin in his soft black velvet robes. The Staff of Magius is optional. Raistlin's skin needs to be the golden color, and his hair white.

I do like yours though, just not quite what I was looking for. Feel free to try another if you'd like. I do understand this is kind of an esoteric subject, but I am quite particular in what I'm looking for.

Couldn't find a decent Raistlin picture with your specs, so I had to make one myself. Not sure what you meant by "glossy" so I made a few different versions with lighting and effect adjustments.

raisig1.png

raisig2.png

raisig4.png

raisig3.png

raisig5.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member