sid justice not given props

• Thread starter johnbradshawlayfield
  • Start date
J

johnbradshawlayfield

when we think of wrestlemania main events hogan hart michelas austin hhh and rock get all the credit......

let it be remembered that sid main evneted 2 wrestlemanias.....kinda wierd isn't it......nobody really thinks of or remembers sid when it comes to the wwf wrestlemanias .....but the guy headline two of them....one time as champion! give sid credit.

His match with Hogan at Wrestlemania 8 got a ton of hype (it was billed as Hogans last match, at the time) but it lasted about 10 minutes and had an awful ending, Harvey Wippleman ran in the ring as Hogan pinned Sid, Hogan grabs Wippleman and manhandles him, then the ref DQ's Sid. it was a pretty weak and non-sensicle finish.

And his match with Taker at Wresltmania 13 just reeked of filler, as did that whole PPV except for the Hart vs Austin match.

But you are right, you can't change history he has officially main event two Wrestlemania's

Oh also, Ultimate Warrior's return at Wrestlemania 8 totally overshadows anything from that PPV, even the awesome match between Savage and Flair!

yeah, sid has been one of my favorites, he has had 4 World titles, more than about 99% of wrestlers in the world

sid gets MUCH respect from me and my friends. mostly because when everyone in wcw didnt even want that cursed world championship, sid took the reigns like a real veteran and led the company. especially after benoit gave it to wcw up the arse by beating sid for the world title then leaving for wwf the next night. then he had that awful injury....i have it on dvd :p

Sid also shit his pants during his match with the Undertaker at Wrestlemania 13. He also uttered the brilliant line "I'm twice the man that you are...and I've got half the brain that you do" during his time in WCW. Yeah, too bad that guy doesn't get any credit.

Sid has many faults, but he has an amazing aura that is rarely matched by anybody. His match with Shawn Michaels at the 1996 Survivor Series was his best match ever IMO, he absolutely ruled the world that night (pun fully intended). I especially loved the bits where he grabbed Michaels' leg as he went for the SCM, spin him around and chokeslammed him, as well as the bit where he viciously clotheslined Michaels after he did his flip-up.

July 1996-March 1997 was the best period of Sid's career. It's a pity that his career has been plagued with bad luck (e.g. car crash of June 1997) and controversy (e.g. stabbing Arn Anderson with scissors in December 1993), which has made his career achievements less than his potential.

Let's not forget the fact that he has frequently not shown up to events so he can play softball. Oh, and he stuck his "pet" squirrel in his pants on a bet and it bit him in the nuts. He's touched in the head.

Syd was an appauling wrestler. It took him years to get over and that's because he was pushed so hard purley because of his size. He only main evented W.M. 13 because H.B.K. was faking an injury and dropped the belt to him. The main event was meant to be Bret Hart and Michaels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back