Shouldn't Elimination Chamber be the Main Event at Survivor Series?

Should EC be part of the Survivor Series

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Quinn30Colo

Occasional Pre-Show
Survivor Series use to be considered a big PPV. Given that the traditional 5 on 5 Elimination match has gotten stale because we need title matches, why hasn't WWE moved the Elimination Chamber to Survivor Series. I always thought it was crazy to have EC in between RR and Mania, but given that the sole survivor of the EC becomes champion it just seems logical to put the chamber in the November PPV. Combine that with a couple of 5 on 5 traditional matches and it gives many of the boys in the locker room a chance to get some good exposure to the fans. This could also be a great PPV to call up someone from NXT, or have an NXT team and a mid-card WWE team. Two Chamber matches, one for the WWE title, one for the IC, two traditional Survivor Series match. Gives many in the Locker room some exposure.

Thoughts?

Survivor Series use to be considered a big PPV. Given that the traditional 5 on 5 Elimination match has gotten stale because we need title matches, why hasn't WWE moved the Elimination Chamber to Survivor Series. I always thought it was crazy to have EC in between RR and Mania, but given that the sole survivor of the EC becomes champion it just seems logical to put the chamber in the November PPV. Combine that with a couple of 5 on 5 traditional matches and it gives many of the boys in the locker room a chance to get some good exposure to the fans. This could also be a great PPV to call up someone from NXT, or have an NXT team and a mid-card WWE team. Two Chamber matches, one for the WWE title, one for the IC, two traditional Survivor Series match. Gives many in the Locker room some exposure.

Thoughts?

It would make sense to me.

Considering the whole idea of the Survivor Series is to fight through ELIMINATION tag team matches to be the sole survivor for your team, you'd think it would be logical that The Elimination Chamber could be used in the main event at the PPV, forcing potential champions to fight through the best the WWE has to offer before winning the title.

I'm never a fan of having 2 of the same kind of gimmick match on a PPV, so I'd go with just the single EC match for the WWE title, but I'd definitely like to see the Chamber make an appearance on a Survivor Series card in the future.

To be fair to the WWE, didn't a lot of injuries happen just before this PPV. Rollins, Cesaro and Orton have gone down in the last month or so. Plus with Cena being on vacation, there was a lot of big names not involved.

As for the EC. I read awhile back that there were some arena's that couldn't support the structure. I have no idea if the arena that held SS was one of them, but could be a reason. And didn't we just have an Elimination Chamber PPV where there were two matches, or am I mistaken.

You don't want overkill, so either have a PPV featuring the EC or incorporate it into SS. I don't think it's a good idea to have both, then it becomes mundane.

Only if it makes sense. This year, with the title being vacant, it would've made sense. I don't want another PPV where these matches are forced (MITB, EC, HIAC, TLC, Fatal Fourway, etc). When these matches take place annually, creative always gets really lazy and that's the last thing wrestling needs right now.

To be fair to the WWE, didn't a lot of injuries happen just before this PPV. Rollins, Cesaro and Orton have gone down in the last month or so. Plus with Cena being on vacation, there was a lot of big names not involved.

Dark Lady no one was bringing that up. At one point Vince was considering dropping the name of the PPV a few years back because he felt it was getting stale. Last year they were able to intertwine a big story into a traditional Survivor Series Match, but if you go back the past few years, the main theme matches for the titled PPV aren't very good.

Only if it makes sense. This year, with the title being vacant, it would've made sense. I don't want another PPV where these matches are forced (MITB, EC, HIAC, TLC, Fatal Fourway, etc). When these matches take place annually, creative always gets really lazy and that's the last thing wrestling needs right now.

Dudley that does seem to happen lately. Which is weird, because you would think new feuds could easily emerge from many of these matches. You use to see two guys get a double countout by beating the crap out of each other all the way back to the locker room thus starting a new feud. That just doesn't seem to happen anymore.

It makes sense, if only because the Elimination Chamber PPV has completely run its course and over saturated the match to a large degree. I don't need to see 3-4 EC matches a year, one would suffice, and that may even be pushing it in my opinion. The EC is supposed to be a special match reserved for very special occasions, similar to how HIAC was in the late 90s, but in the past 5 years or so, WWE has put everybody and everything inside the chamber. It's completely devalued the match. Instead of reacting with "holy crap we get to see an EC match!", we react with "cool, another EC match", and that's on WWE.

I don't even really think it should automatically become the main of SS either. I just wish they'd put it on the shelf for a couple of years before bringing it back again. Or at least start booking only the largest angles to culminate in the chamber. Ths year's SS as another poster mentioned, would have been a perfect scenario.

You know what. Hell yeah. That tournament was ass. They should have brought the chamber back at Survivor series and had 6 guys, Reigns wins that then Sheamus cashes in. That makes more sense and garners more sympathy, it brings legitimacy back to the chamber, win win and I think we need to see a chamber yearly.

I don't think the 5 on 5 elimination tag team match has gotten stale so much as the fact that Vince doesn't give a shit about it; he just tossed the matches on the show this year as a means of filling airtime. It mattered last year, was treated like it mattered and it was a great match.

As far as the Elimination Chamber being the main event of Survivor Series, it's possible. Personally, I wouldn't mind if WWE sort of switched things up and held a big gimmick match at each of the original four ppvs, but would alter which match was held at which event each year. For instance, for 2016, have a Hell in a Cell match at the Royal Rumble, bring the MITB ladder match back to WrestleMania, maybe do a TLC match for SummerSlam and the Elimination Chamber for Survivor Series.

Another possibility, though one I'm not sure would really work all that well, would be since WWE has the MITB, EC, TLC, HIAC ppvs, I think every match on the should be the gimmick match of the name. For MITB, have one MITB match but have every other match on the card be a ladder match for a championship. However, that could clash with the TLC ppv as a TLC match is just a ladder match with a little additional window dressing, so maybe combine the two events into one, take December off as far as ppvs go and use the additional time to build up for the first Raw of the year and the Royal Rumble.

I love the 5 on 5 matches. I love the tradition of the pay per view itself. I love Survivor Series concept. What stale is creative. How about NXT 5 on 5. How about team using all the guys who don't get TV time and use them to make teams up. When written write ANYTHING can be made good. ANY concept can draw. The Royal Rumble is tired. Th e concept honestly is sorta stupid. But they ride or die with hmthat thing. War Games is so much of a better concept then the royal rumble match. Politics dictates that the Rumble is the end all be all. King of the Ring is a better concept then the rumbles it's all presentation and the time you out into said peresntaion. I love the Chamber. I believe it should still have its on pay per view honestly. I just wish Vince gave a damn am enough to make ALL his pay per views priority than just caring about Wrestlamania season. Because understand this.... If the rumble wasn't on the road to Wrestlemania Vince wouldn't care about it either.

Random thought, but what if there were 5 singles matches on the card and the winners all moved onto the Elimination Chamber for a WWE title match? Kind of keeps up with the whole "survivor" mindset.

I'm sorry, I hate the EC, I want to see it go. It was a novel concept back when it started out, but when you are trying to do things like a Tag Team Elimination Chamber (this last Elimination Chamber special), or the Extreme Elimination Chamber (December to Dismember), it loses it's luster. WWE has gotten their money's worth out of that monstrosity of a cage, and they should just retire it.

Just like they should retire the HIAC PPV. I liked Hell in a Cell better when it was the Be All, End All for the most hostile of rivalries.

Special matches like that work when they aren't a constant thing. Like another poster mentioned earlier, it's better to see a match when it's been gone a while than something that's clockwork.

It would make sense to make it the main event for the WWE Title every year and have 5 qualifying matches for it. Would definitely add some intrigue to the main event each year. Also MIB shouldn't be it's own PPV either. You can use that match at WrestleMania every year to give some wrestlers purpose when they don't have a current feud at the time.

Survivor Series and Summerslam are going the same way. Survivor Series more so because the booking has become so lazy. With a World Title tournament at the PPV they should have had more of the tournament at the PPV so the matches meant more.

With it being the Undertaker's 25th anniversary they should have had a 4 on 4 match (similar on how UT started originally), bringing in the Dudley's (also kayfabe brothers) and then once Undertaker won the Dudley's could continue feuding with the Wyatts without having to start a post SS feud. Because personally it resembled an Ultimate Warrior match, great intro, not much to get excited about bell to bell. Like the whole PPV.

The SS tournament floundered because everyone knew Roman Reigns was going to win it.

The traditional Survivor Series matches havent worked because outside of last year, WWE doesn't book around it, they just tossed up a dark match and a random amalgamation of tag teams into 1, and had the match just ruined by New Day Leaving in the middle. Seriously neither match was worth a dime, nor would it draw any money. Undertaker wasn't going to lose on the 25th anniversary. With the US + IC titles not being defended, it left us with 1 match to care about the ending, which was Paige vs Charlotte, and Charlotte was odds on favorite because they are less than likely to hot potato the Divas title already.

My humble opinion is that besides The Royal Rumble, and the MITB matches, there shouldn't be any match themed PPVs anymore. The Elimination Chamber doesn't get used properly in this era, and the match always ends up as a disaster. I realize the cost of the EC construction is probably too much for WWE to want to abandon it, but they should really keep the HITC, TLC etc... matches as something epic, when you heard a HIAC match being booked, you knew it was going to be a big deal. Unlike Brock vs Taker when we had them use the Cell for 1 move?

I'd scrap the EC, save it for cases like we just had, put the top 6 stars in and book that like you did the tournament, but keep the US+IC champs out, and don't be so damn obvious with how you Book Cena Reigns.

I voted "NO".

The Elimination Chamber is a big deal. And like most things that are big deals, the more it gets seen, the less of a big deal it is. Why there is a whole PPV dedicated to it is beyond me. Okay, it's not beyond me, it draws because people want to see it, but from a storyline perspective, it's dumb to have to schedule around a match type instead of inserting the match type into a storyline when it's appropriate.

Having the Elimination Chamber main event Survivor Series could work. Having the Elimination Chamber main event any PPV could work. It's all in the build. Do you have 6 guys fighting for/over something? Does this feud need to be settled in one match? Does this match need a little additional seasoning to make it feel super important? If yes, then BAM, you're good to go. Otherwise, stick to something without so many bells and whistles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back