Should WWE pull out old OPTION B for Sting

Rulk25

Getting Noticed By Management
So all signs point to a Sting vs HHH match at Mania...but is that really the best match they can offer. In the past when discussing dream matches for Sting when the wars were on you had Sting vs Austin, Sting vs HBK and later Sting vs Taker and Sting vs Rock....but no where was the clamor for HHH vs Sting. No they have pushed it as Sting messing with authority so if they dont do Sting vs HHH how can they salvage it...simple PLAN B himself SETH ROLLINS.

As much as he has hurt HHH he has screwed Seth Rollins just as much. Taking away his SS Moment. Preventing him from taking out Cena...and you can even have him stop HHH from helping Rollins with at the Rumble.

There are many scenarios from this but mine would go like this

So next night HHH comes out calls out Sting but Rollins comes out pleads his case and Hunter gives him the chance. Sting accepts and its Sting vs Rollins at Mania....and HHH puts himself in as ref...which prompts Vince tomake Cena the special enforcer...

This also helps out the rest of the card as the Rumble winner (either Reigns or Bryan) gets Brock and the other gets Ruusev and they NOT Cena get the rub of beating the monster

Seth gets the rub of being in the ring with a legend and can absorb the loss as he can cash in at Mania and win

Plus it can set up a good old fashioned respect match at SummerSlam between Cena and Sting

So what do you think Stay with Hunter/Sting, Rusev/Cena and the plans now or shake things up?

I think that some shaking up is happening already... Rock being in town is meaning Rusev could be facing him at Mania or that Brock may not be the champ...

In terms of Sting, the best option was Taker, but they accept that match is no longer going to do "the business" and it's better never to have it than to botch it and kill both guys legacy.

Hunter is in many ways the best opponent for Sting, despite his rep of burying, he has done more than his share of putting over guys in the past and making it work when they don't have the momentum... even the short Warrior match more than passed muster.

The other thing to look at is Sting's perspective... This is the one thing he held off doing for over 20 years... a WWE match, mainly through trust issues. He didn't quite TRUST Vince or WWE... the common thread of the last few years with all the guys who were out of the fold who came back like Bruno, Warrior and now Sting is that Hunter is the guy convincing them and "calling the shots" with them... Vince steps back and basically removes himself to put them at ease. Sting probably would not trust Vince still but he seems to trust Hunter... so if he feels he can carry that into the ring then there is no question the FIRST match should be with Hunter... from there the trust is built with the company.

If you're not using Hunter and it really is one match only then Bray Wyatt is probably that guy on balance... He's someone Sting will have known since childhood via his dad and uncle, who he can put his energy into "getting over" even if he takes the win... Same as if Rock ends up facing Reigns... Sting and Barry Windham have been friends for years, if he can help his family out while having his own swansong it'd make sense to him...

Rollins would be the wrong fit... if you're gonna have a shock match you have Rollins cash in on The Rock the night after Mania, setting up Trips and Rollins v Rock & Reigns for the summer. By then Sting is either out if it's one match or he moves onto Wyatt if the true plan was to have more than one feud...

After tonight, I have a feeling that things will ultimately become more focused on Triple H & Sting personally. What they've been doing since Survivor Series is slowly laying the groundwork and have kept Sting's appearances minimal. This is one situation, in my opinion, in which Sting showing up rarely is a good thing and anticipation high partially because of nostalgia, the novelty of Sting being in WWE still feels fresh and because Sting's not carrying a championship.

Right now, the plan has been for Sting to stick it to The Authority in about the best way from a storyline perspective: undermining Triple H's power plays when they have a lot on the line. Triple H's character is a tyrannical despot who gets off on the power that he wields over the lives of the roster. Screwing with his plans and keeping him from getting his way, from a kayfabe perspective, is the best way to get into his head. Daniel Bryan did it last year to an overwhelming success and Sting is doing it now, though only time can tell if it'll be as successful.

Sting vs. Rollins could be interesting but, from a storyline perspective, I think Triple H is the best opponent. Triple H is "The Game", "The Cerebral Assassin"; he's a guy that's prided himself on amassing power and the success that being a scheming, cold hearted sociopath has brought him. He just seems like a perfect fit for someone like Sting at this point. I know people wanted Taker vs. Sting but, let's be honest, there are massive doubts as to Taker's health and his match with Lesnar wasn't the stuff dreams are made of. He tried, but he was injured and he was out of shape. We know Trips can still go, he's probably in the best physical shape of his life, we know that there's an actual story to this feud beyond just the novelty of seeing two legends go at it.

No, Sting vs HHH will be a bigger draw. Though, Sting vs Rollins sounds great but it doesn't has that star power which Sting vs HHH has. Sting vs HHH is a far bigger draw than Sting vs Rollins. Sting came to WWE to face a legend,not a new guy. Though,he wanted Taker which many people (including me) think will occur at Wrestlemania 32. So,the best option is Sting vs HHH.

I had been leaning towards them booking Rollins vs Sting since SS. Rollins would do every promo about the Authority being gone and it being Sting's fault, so it seemed that was the way they might be going. With that they could have done Cena vs HHH and had it make sense. Throw in Taker vs Bray, Reigns/Bryan vs Lesnar and the other vs Rusev and you have what would shape up as a nice card. The OP's idea of not having Cena wrestle and having HHH as a ref are beyond stupid, however. Cena still makes more money than anyone, so to have him be an "enforcer" on the undercard would be a waste that WWE would never do. As long as HHH can work, he'll work Mania. Special ref spots at Mania are reserved for guy would can't wrestle physically or who don't want to anymore.

As good as Seth Rollins has been as a Heel character thus far... it would be a waste of Sting to pair him with Rollins in his first WrestleMania, lMO.

Sting absolutely has to be paired with an established guy, as it could help get some casuals to watch the product, especially if his opponent is also a big star. Triple H is in that mold of being an established guy, and also, storyline wise it fits well.

Indeed, the money match for Sting in the WWE remains a match with the Undertaker, that is something the man himself has said as well quite few times. Time will tell if that will ever happen. Given the lack of Top Stars in the company at this time, I guess a match with HHH will have to do. Thankfully, the story being told thus far has been great in Sting's 2 appearances so far.

If you are going to put Sting in another match after Wrestlemania, Rollins vs Sting should be saved until Summerslam. HHH was the perfect first candidate. Triple H can carry the match and still make Sting like gold during the match. Sting does not look nearly as pitiful his last run in TNA. You can tell Sting was worn out. Sting doesn't look so much and what little movement we have seen he can put on a faster paced match that his last TNA few.

I believe HHH was best. It makes sense storyline-wise from Sting's character he has built as Crow Sting in the past and as much as HHH ego is shown, HHH would be best to allow Sting to have his first win. He MUST win. Otherwise it is too similar to Ultimate Warriors WCW Halloween Havoc match when Hogans ego wouldnt allow Warrior to win. No build and worthless. Rollins needs to be put over and that can be Sting's job at Summerslam to put him over.

The best option of Undertaker also MUST be saved. Once again this year would be pointless with no buildup even though it is the dream match and it'd honestly be VERY depressing. Sting and Taker need to retire at 32. That way Sting is not buried his first match and it'd make more sense. Nobody this year would understand why its be a very slow match. If it's done next year and the retirement of both is on the line people won't cry that it was a slow match, it'll be more understandable and nostalgic

In terms of match quality, the answer is Rollins. In terms of long term, it actually can't be Rollins. Sting is not coming into WWE to lose his first match there. We can now say that with all certainty since the fan boy booking of great entrances (ie Sting vs Taker) is off the table. Sting needs to win his first match now, and that should be against HHH. In fact, if the WWE wants to do a massive build and have Taker vs Sting, they can lay the ground work this year and run until next. Taker beats Bray, later Sting beats HHH, and Taker makes his way down for a face off.

I don't think it matters, HHH has proven that he thinks he needs to be in the match with who ever the hottest subject is in wresting, if its Bryan, Lesnar, Undertakers streak, or Stings first WWE match, HHH has shown he needs to be in that match on the biggest stage.

But if WWE thinks Rollins might be its star of the future long term, then maybe we see Rollins face Sting. Which makes sense, cause it gives Rollins a gigantic rub instantly putting him in WWE's top tier.

There is a major flaw in the OP's plan: there is NO WAY that John Cena, if fit, will not be in a match of his own at Wrestlemania. As the company's biggest and most regular draw, outside of the Rock, they wouldn't waste Cena in an enforcer role for a secondary main event.

personally, i think it would've been much better if Rollins didnt have a Mania match.....had Sting take on the Undertaker, give Wyatt a huge match and as for Triple H, have him vs. Daniel Bryan (since WWE seems to not want him as champion) and if Bryan wins, the Authority don't get involved in day to day operations. that way two things happen....1) it puts Bryan over and makes the fans forgive the fact that he's not in the title match and 2) it ends the lousy authority storyline and they hire like a GM type and if he's a heel, at least it's not the same authority re-tread. As for Rollins, don't give him a match, have him cash in on Reigns after he beats Lesnar. with all that said, it's looking like Sting vs. Triple H (likely with the stip that if Triple H loses, he's out of power) and i don't know what happens with Bryan.....if i had to guess and i hope i'm right, he has a match with Rollins, BUT if he has a match with Wyatt and he wins that could help the angry fans...but they would've been so much smarter to let him win the rumble or not have him return at all until AFTER the rumble. as for Rollins, i hope he cashes in at WM, i want a money in the bank winner to cash in and WIN at WM sometime and i think the guy to do that should be Rollins. i understand they think Reigns is the future Cena star, BUT Rollins can get huge heat by winning cheaply at WM......can you imagine his heat though if BRYAN beat Lesnar at WM for the title only to lose it to Rollins!!?? WWE really blew making Rollins a huge heel there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back