Should WWE Create A Stable Of "Frustrated" Stars?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Over the course of the past several months, there've been a handful of stars on the roster who've been booked in a manner in which they've been growing more and more "frustrated" with how they're treated within the company. We first started seeing it with The Miz during the few times he'd come out in the middle of a match, gripe to the commentators for a bit, before heading back out. This went on for a bit before he left to begin filming The Marine 4. Dolph Ziggler was next after giving several passionate backstage promos on the WWE App about how he was being looked over and passed over even though he stole the show "every damn night." Now, we're seeing it with Damien Sandow and Alicia Fox. Sandow's career has headed south since winning MITB last year while Alicia Fox suddenly came out of nowhere with this much more aggressive behavior and comments during her matches against Paige on Raw and Emma on Main Event.

With all these various stars voicing their "anger" and "frustration" over how they're being used, claiming they're being held back, etc. should WWE form a legit faction of these stars? When I say a legit faction, I mean a significant force rather than the legion of losers known as 3MB? If so, who would you want to see in the group?

I'd like to see all of the stars you mentioned plus Natalya and Tyson Kidd. Maybe Zach Ryder could be thrown in the mix as well.

It's an interesting idea and they'd need to make a huge impact to truly take off such as sabotage the main event of the next PPV. The only concern I have with that is that it might be too reminiscent of the Nexus invasion.

Nope. I mean not as such anyway. "Frustrated stars" are people who don't feature on TV regularly and/or don't win much or get put in involving storylines. So why would I care about a stable comprising such losers?

I'm sure there would be another way around around gathering such stars together though.

Why not have these guys join forces? Misery loves company. The interactions between them, all bitching about their recent problems could be entertaining. I don't think that by them joining forces, they will miraculously become successful though. Think JOB Squad 2.0.

I have to point something out here though. This entire topic was lifted from an article posted on the Bleacher Report this morning:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2063150-wwe-should-create-stable-of-frustrated-stars-to-storm-company

Short answer: No. Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooo...

More intelligent answer: No, because it would be basically putting all these great guys in a group to be this generations job squad, which I do not wanna see. Plus having a group of frustrated people getting this much attention is just creative saying "Yeah, here's the people we couldn't be bothered to do anything with." They just be displaying their lack of work for the world to see. Better question, why don't we just put these talented people in REAL feuds, even if it's with each other. You could have Dolph easily feud with Miz.

I don't think this is a good idea... The Nexus was new and fresh, still the less talented ones were bringing down its effectiveness. And here we have a potential team of tried, tested, and failed candidates. So I really don't see this squad of failures being successful or anything significant. Kofi going "boom boom boom", Miz doing a cocky face and saying "Really?", Dolph shaking his ass and exhibiting his fake charisma etc.. this group won't be any good.

No, send them to NXT. They're frustrated because they're missing something. Rather than give them some crap gimmick, send them to NXT. It's pretty much developmental as much as the hard core Indy wrestling fans don't want to admit but it's also a place to hone their skills. Back when Big Show and Mark Henry were deemed too fat for tv they sent them to OVW. I suggest they do the same with these other wrestlers. It's that or the chopping block,how long do you expect fans to put up with mediocre talent.

A few people beat me to a Job Squad reference, but I think it's still worth noting that The Job Squad wasn't necessarily made up of "losers". Al Snow wasn't exactly a jobber at the time per se, I recall his return to the WWF involved squashing Sergeant Slaughter. The other members of the group were pretty fresh as they were recently acquired from ECW, plus Bob Holly. The constant "HEAD!" references were perfect for that time.

Would the WWE create a stable of disenfranchised losers? Probably, they're the WWE after-all. It's mostly their fault that any of the potential members of that stable are in the place they're in. Would that stable go anywhere except getting squashed and humiliated on a weekly basis? No, the HHH version of the WWE thinks that sucking is succeeding.

Should they? I'm gonna' go with the majority on this one and say no. Alicia Fox can be the next "it" girl on her own. Damien Sandow is barely passable as a joke and completely non-existent as anything else. Dolph Ziggler is great, but I suspect they want him for livening up the mid-card title picture for a while.

I think this has been discussed before, but since we are at it...

Yes, technically they should. But knowing the WWE creative, they shouldn't. This idea was pitched like 2-3 months ago, if memory serves correctly. The fact that it hasn't been done yet, even though there were certain promos indicating to it means that the WWE isn't really all that hot to that story. Apart from that, it's pretty obvious that they can't really book more than 2 storylines properly at the same time, therefore, it would probably be a flop.

The idea is good. Both for us as fans but for these guys too. They can create good tv, that's for sure and they are guys who at a time got a reaction and can certainly do it again. But there is a problem with this faction to its base. What promos do you cut? Since they are frustrated and all, it seems logical that they will cut worked shoot promos, which are awesome if you ask me, but on the same time, there is only so much that you will be allowed to say. After all, you can't always shoot pipebombs, because it won't feel special anymore.

I like having Ziggler, Miz, Sandow and so on in the same team. They can work and given the spotlight and some strong booking, they can go ahead and challenge the Shield, the Wyatts etc. As mentioned above though, the WWE's inability to book more than 2 storylines at the same time will be the downfall for these guys. They will get the blame for not getting a reaction, when it will be the creative's fault.

But hey, let's try it out, right? At least, it will be better for Ziggler, Sandow and the Miz to act as tough guys and actually getting some decent victories, than dressing as Magneto and jobbing to 3MB.

Would be entertaining for a minute but what would be the end game? The point of stables is to establish a talent or few and where would Ziggler, Kofi, Miz, Ryder fit after the stable disbanded?

It would definitely be entertaining to say the least, to have Kofi develop a mean streak or Ziggler to be like a mini-Flair.

the stable is a really good idea. just not for now. too many stable-y things going on right now in the WWE. lots of them 3-man crews too: Evolution, Shield, Wyatt Family, 3MB.

some people said Sandow, Miz and Ziggler. that'd be another 3-man group. adding Kofi, Ryder, Kidd, Natalya, Alicia and/or others could work. and it'd have the distinction of not being yet another 3-man thing happening.

it can be done, but would they be heel or face? or mixed? could that even be doable? to have a tweener faction of more than 3 superstars?

i'm a mega fan of factions and generally can't get enough of them. still, i've got too many questions and doubt about this particular faction existing at this particular time to get excited about the possibility. maybe if 3MB disbanded and Evolution and/or Shield break up down the line, i'd be more for it. but for now, i'd be content if they just got some tv time in meaningful feuds.

Doing this would mean either Nexus 2.0 or the aforementioned Job Squad. I could see them doing something with frustrated superstars like the Nexus, where they tear into everything until they get what they want. However, it needs to be full of superstars with plenty of potential and can garner some fan support.

If you get Sandow, Ziggler, Kofi, Ryder, Macintyre, and a few others, that'd be great. Let it be with younger stars who haven't had the chance in the main event spotlight. (I know I included Ziggler given his title reign. He is arguable. I like his in-ring work and his title reign was cut short due to injury iirc.)

I actually think it's a good time for this type of faction to be created, imho. You have Evolution vs Shield ending in maybe a PPV or two and Kane will be finishing up his program with Bryan (with Bryan going over).

1) Have Kane come out and demand a rematch, have Nexus 2.0 come out and show voice their opinion on placing Kane in the spotlight AGAIN, how he had his shot and missed it. Bring out the Authority to name a contender and have N2.0 take out that contender as well. Maybe have it Batista and/or Orton and build up to N2.0 vs Evolution/Kane. That gets put to the spotlight and maybe, with good enough build on other storylines, gives Bryan the time off he needs. I disagree with leaving him off a PPV, but one won't hurt.

2) Since the first isn't likely because Kane is leaving soon, have the Authority come out and name a #1 contender on the next Raw and continue on with the above storyline, leaving out Kane.

3) In the future, since my first two ideas are too late to properly buildup with enough credibility to N2.0, have them come out and destroy the next #1 contender, but have the Authority attempt to push them back down to jobbers by facing other tag teams all the time and put them in the undercard.

So basically, I'd be all for it if WWE could pull it off right. But it's safe to say it probably won't happen.

Over the course of the past several months, there've been a handful of stars on the roster who've been booked in a manner in which they've been growing more and more "frustrated" with how they're treated within the company. We first started seeing it with The Miz during the few times he'd come out in the middle of a match, gripe to the commentators for a bit, before heading back out. This went on for a bit before he left to begin filming The Marine 4. Dolph Ziggler was next after giving several passionate backstage promos on the WWE App about how he was being looked over and passed over even though he stole the show "every damn night." Now, we're seeing it with Damien Sandow and Alicia Fox. Sandow's career has headed south since winning MITB last year while Alicia Fox suddenly came out of nowhere with this much more aggressive behavior and comments during her matches against Paige on Raw and Emma on Main Event.

With all these various stars voicing their "anger" and "frustration" over how they're being used, claiming they're being held back, etc. should WWE form a legit faction of these stars? When I say a legit faction, I mean a significant force rather than the legion of losers known as 3MB? If so, who would you want to see in the group?

What should they call themselves? The Crybabies? Whineolution?

To me, it sounds like it'd be a retread of The Nexus. The problem with stables formed around an idea is that you end up having one guy who is the "leader" and maybe, just maybe, he gets the big push. The others give up their particular characters just to join a hive mind/stable mind motivation.

Sorry, if this sounds like I'm bashing this one too hard, but a lot of these folks need to get over on their own steam, and their own characters...not join a stable built around how they've been passed over.

I think it would be a bad idea because it exposes the fact that wwe doesn't listen to the fans. So you have Ziggler in a group complaining that he doesn't get his shot when guys like Batista just walk back in and take over. Yeah, we already know that. What's to be gained by having a group tell us that? Unless they are suddenly going to start putting these guys over ( which I don't see), you've really don't gain anything by putting them together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back