Should Raw go back to being called Raw Is War?

Piss Bucket

Future British World Champ
I know they removed the word "War" in 2001 after 9/11, but that was over 14 years ago, people aren't as sensitive about it nowadays (at least I don't think they are).

Anyone like this idea? Feel free to infract me for spamming if you like.

The whole point was because they were in "war" with WCW. Who are they at war with right now? Themselves? It won't change anything.

There's no point in changing the name.

Problem is they aren't in a war with WCW anymore or anyone so it wouldn't make sense.

I would prefer it be called that though just because it sounds awesome.

Meh, doesn't really ring with me considering, as has been pointed out, that WWE is no longer at "war" with anyone and hasn't been really for 15 years.

As with a lot of people, I'm of the opinion that Raw should go back to 2 hours and I think it will somewhere down the line. Overall, the third hour drags down the overall numbers/ratings of the rest of the show by a significant degree; for instance, this past Monday's episode of Raw would have drawn over 4 million viewers but viewership from the 2nd to 3rd hour dropped by nearly 700,000, which is yet another indicator that a good number of fans aren't that interested in Roman Reigns as a main eventer.

Triple H himself has stated that he'd prefer it if Raw went back to 2 hours and I think there's a good chance of it happening whenever Vince is no longer running the company. Personally, I have a feeling we'll see a LOT of changes, for the better, when Vince hangs it up, though that could well depend on whomever it is that ultimately does take over.

RAW is going downhill is a better name than RAW is war.

But seriously, why re-brand? They're not in a war with someone.

The only change that would be interesting would have been back in 2012, RAW to become, RAW ft. Brock Lesnar for a small period of time.

A rose by any other name my friend.

They could call it Monday Night Raw, Raw is War, Raw is a slapfight, Raw is a wet fart, WCW Thunder, or Uncle Vince's sports entertainment popculture variety show, and it would still be the same old grappling program drawing the usual gripes.

I think the Op is experiencing nostalgia for the halcyon days when Raw was must see tv, as opposed the current product that many people consider to be must take a pee break tv. The Op equates the name Raw is War with a time of great creative output of WWE programming.

It wasn't the name that made it great. I'll agree, the title "Raw is War" had a sense of urgency, the sound of the bomb dropping at the start, the anticipation. It was excellent presentation, but if they bring back the name, the theme music, and all that - it's still the same creative team producing the show.

There are many other areas that should be focused on before considering rebranding the flagship of the show. A boat full of holes is still going to sink even if you paint over them. Raw is Raw, until they allow it to be more.

Nope, not at war with anyone right now (at least not anyone they would admit to) so no use. Raw was the original name, no use changing it for no reason.

I think that there is no need of changing it now but if Shane O Mac fights for the control of Raw even after being beaten by Undertaker at Wrestlemania, It would be surely a suitable name.

But surely not now as there is noone for WWE to have war with.

:devil:

It was the '90s maaan.

In 2016 I don't see a publicly traded company getting behind switching the name of their flagship show to anything war or military related. Doing the tribute to the troops shows is one thing, but I don't see everybody getting on board for this idea. Honestly, the fact that they have a PPV called Battleground, despite that being a stupid, unoriginal name for a PPV to begin with, is kind of...I don't know, ya know? Jesus, now that I think of it, in the world we live in now, just the name Raw seems kind of taboo.

They should just call it Vince's Playhouse.

I really can't see a reason to change it? Shane will lose to Undertaker; somehow set up his own "company" and we'll have the Invasion II all over again!

Why? It really doesn't makes sense to. As great as the name was and as much as I miss it. Leave it in the past. You shouldn't bring back the name just for noglastia. It doesn't fit the content. And it doesn't change what happens on WWE TV. Only way I see that happening or being a good idea to happen is if Shane somehow one at Mania and had control of Raw and Stephanie had control of SmackDown with their own separate rosters. Other than that it wouldn't make sense.

I think a lot of people are losing sight of the actual topic of the threat. Should it return to Raw is War is different from will it go back to be known as Raw is War. And those different questions can give very different answers. I don't think it ever will but I don't think that it should be said that it shouldn't ever be called that again. Raw is War is what I knew Raw as when I first started watching and it's familiar to me.

That said, Raw has continually evolved from the very first time it aired. And now it known as Raw. I really don't think that anyone would ever have a problem with it being renamed to Raw is War but I don't think that the WWE would ever sanction going backwards, it just isn't there thing. Shame though.

I would prefer it to go back to Raw Is War, as for me the time period 1997-2001 was "my era", The Attitude Era and anything that brings the product closer to how it was during that time I would be in support of. I'd also like to see "Thorn In Your Eye" return as the theme music for Raw, as I think it gets the crowd more pumped up, its more aggressive sounding, more violent...how a wrestling show should be.

I can't see it going back to "Raw Is War" though, as the show was just known as Monday Night Raw before they got into the "war" with WCW, and hasn't gone back to using "War" in the name for about 14 years or so, and for that reason I can't see them re-adding it to the show title.

The whole point was because they were in "war" with WCW. Who are they at war with right now? Themselves? It won't change anything.

There's no point in changing the name.

I agree. When I think about it, why is RAW called RAW. I never understood that. Anybody knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back