Should Raw come on earlier?

StylezClash3:16

2015 King Of The Ring
I'm obviously not 10 years old anymore and don't have to go to bed before Raw ends, but I do know a lot of kids aren't up at 11:00 at night to see grown men hug each other. I don't know whether or not this applies to states on the west coast, but WWE programming can extend to very late hours were I live at that no parent allows their kid to stay up to. Should WWE Raw start from 8:00 to 10:00? It'd sure as heck help me get 1 more hour of sleep, but I'm not sure what USA network would think about it.

WWE Raw should remain in the same time slot that it has always been. On the east coast it airs directly at 9:00PM which is primetime. Here on the West coast in the states they get it at 7:00PM in Canada 7:15. Now this small inconvenience is that it is hard as hell to get things done on the West Coast with our T.V scheduling (i'm on West Coast) and frankly moving Raw even more forward say 8.00PM would kill viewing on West Coast. Yes those little kids on East Coast suffer from not seeing the end, however nobody get home late on Monday night will be able to catch Raw which is why it should remain at 9:00Pm Eastern time.

Good point bringing up the kids. I mean, if WWE (world watsaname entertainment) is supposed to be targeted at kids, it should move down. Another good point is that one extra hour of sleep. I mean because when i was little, i had to sneak to watch the end of Raw. My mom would be like "go to bed!" at like ten. I'd pretend i'm sleep, then wake up to watch the last hour of Raw. Especially on school nights. Sometimes, she actually caught me, lol! But then again, Raw's been 9-11 for years! Changing it now for kids, would REALLY piss off the IWC!

SN: How do you make threads? I've been wanting to do so, because I have a lot of ideas.

I'm on the west coast (San Diego) and I can tell you that RAW actually airs at BOTH 6:00 and 9:00 depending on if you watch USA or USAHD.

That being said, RAW should absolutely change it's time slot if it's continually going to be marketed to eight year olds. It's absolutely ludicrous to put a show on when the target audience, for the most part, will be sleeping. It's the reason why The Price is Right and Family Feud air midday, they have an older audience who wouldn't watch TV in a primetime slot.

The thing is, I don't believe WWE will continually market to small children. I'm not predicting the return of the attitude era, but they'll age with their audience. In six years when all these eight year olds are fourteen, we'll get a product marketed to them, and when they turn twenty-five and stop watching, it'll go back to eight year olds.

I remember when RAW changed there time from 8 to 9pm eastern time, I was 9 or 10 I believe and it was a pain in my ass having to sneak the ending of RAW every Monday cause I had to go to bed.

Sidenote: I remember getting caught on the episode when Kane bowed down to Undertaker on the ramp cause i yelled out of excitement. Boy.. I miss being genuine excited to watch RAW..

Anywho since WWE is rated PG and targeted for kids it makes no sense to have it on at prime time hours anyway but for me it's perfect right where it's at..

Hopefully WWE doesn't see this and get any ideas

The thing is, I don't believe WWE will continually market to small children. I'm not predicting the return of the attitude era, but they'll age with their audience. In six years when all these eight year olds are fourteen, we'll get a product marketed to them, and when they turn twenty-five and stop watching, it'll go back to eight year olds.

Thats was the greatest thing ever said about anything anywhere

I think it's fine where it is. I doubt there are that many kids who could stay up until 10 but aren't staying up until 11. Plus with DVR's (and VCR's for people who don't have a DVR), they can just watch it the next day.

It's been on from 9-11 for almost 20 years now...it'd be crazy to start messing with it.

WWE shouldn't change their time slot. I'm in the Central time zone and it works perfectly at 8:00. Besides the WWE is not gonna cater to kids forever. Wrestling goes in cycles; about 5 years from now the WWE will be transitioning back into more adult like programming; trust me. Then what are they gonna do change it back. The WWE wants their show in a prime time slot. WCW didn't faur too well when it moved to an earlier timeslot, and ratings have shown that not too many people watch the first hour of Raw 3 hour specials. So for ratings purposes they need to keep the time slot the same.

Besides the WWE is not gonna cater to kids forever. Wrestling goes in cycles; about 5 years from now the WWE will be transitioning back into more adult like programming;

That's not necessarily true. Besides the Attitude Era and a few years after that, the WWE has always portrayed itself as Family Entertainment. It's been that way since Vince bought the company from his Dad.

Just because there was one period out of decades. That doesn't mean it works in cycles.

The reason why they went in that direction was because WCW was kicking their asses. They have no reason to do it now.

Now as for why the WWE doesn't change the start time to an hour earlier so kids can watch. PG doesn't mean Disney Channel. There should be some Parental Discretion before watching it.

Plus, during the Summer seasons like it is now. I think the Raw does a lot more 3 hour shows that start at 8:00 Eastern because school's out and more kids would be watching.

It's not like it was during the 80's and Early 90's when the WWF aired its programming on Saturday and Sunday Mornings after cartoons so that kids can watch.

WWE Raw should never change from 8-10+pm ct. The reason is that WWE on USA/Spike has always had that slot on Monday's datin back to Prime Time Wrestling period. When I was a kid my parents let me stay up til it was over the told me to go to bed which I did right away with no trouble. Why take a show from it original time slot and change it to earlier. That right there would be saying that Raw was on the chopping block. But there is talk of it havin a pre-show or countdown show w/ the prev weeks stuff.

Okay i know im obviously in the minority here but where i live in Newfoundland , Raw comes on 10:30 , plus the score airs a raw countdown show that ends at 10:45, i ussually end up watching the first 15 minutes or the opening segment before turning it off, and the rest gets watched tuesday afternoon on the raw replay.So yes I think it should be moved back an hour, just my opinion.

I would love if it started earlier since i'm from the UK, RAW doesn't start till 2am on tuesday morniing and of course doesn't finish till 4am and I can only watch it because I have nothing to wake up for on Tuesday so even an hour earlier would do my sleeping pattern alot of good

I would really appreciate it if it was moved back by 2 or even 3 hours. We over here in central Europe don't really have a chance to see it during regular weeks since it's Tuesday AM when it starts and there's school/work to think about and 3 or 2 hours of sleep is just not enough. But it surely does me something good in that I always come home from school Tuesdays hyped up to watch the latest Raw. Also PPVs should be moved to Saturdays. No one can really bother staying up from 2 AM - 5 AM just for a wrestling show over here in Sweden and the rest of central Europe the day before work/school. But on Saturdays, people usually stay up late and surely can afford a few more hours of being awake and waking up at 2 PM Sunday.

I never understood why they didn't change the time when the PG era started. They are trying to make children as the target audience so it would make a hell of a lot more sense to make it end sooner than 11 EST. When I was young, I would never be able to say up past 9/9:30 especially 11. But with that said, I doubt it's going to change anytime soon. If they were going to change the time then I assume it would be done when WWE switched to PG not a couple years into it.

I read an article that Vince wants to do some sorta Raw pre show. Something like ESPN does before college football games. I'd like to see where they take that idea.

As for switching the time, I can't see a reason to do it. Yes the WWE markets to a younger demographic, but in todays world, kids can simply DVR or TIVO Raw. We are talking about the longest running TV show in history (I think) I just can't see them changing it now. If this was gonna happen, it would have happened sooner than this.

Why the hell would WWE want to move their show from Prime Time television? No, don't weasel around the question... answer it.

Prime time on Monday Nights is the BEST time to get viewers and here you are trying to have them change it? Why? It's senseless... a lot of America viewers (which is WWE's major market) work jobs that let them get home just in time for Monday Night Raw. Starting it earlier would make it harder for viewers in America to watch the program.

Not only that, but if you really complain about the PG era now... yeah let WWE be pushed forward and you will start seeing Mickie Mouse in the ring.

I would like to see Raw 3 hours instead of just 2. If they start it at 8pm not only could they have more wrestlers on the show but when football starts again they may be able to steal some viewers depending on how they start the show and if they make the show interesting enough where viewers wouldn't want to miss whatever they hype for the show. I am on the east coast so ending Raw at 11pm is no problem for me.

I never understood why they didn't change the time when the PG era started. They are trying to make children as the target audience so it would make a hell of a lot more sense to make it end sooner than 11 EST. When I was young, I would never be able to say up past 9/9:30 especially 11. But with that said, I doubt it's going to change anytime soon. If they were going to change the time then I assume it would be done when WWE switched to PG not a couple years into it.

I'm picking ony you cause of my annoynace over one thing. Why the hell does everyone on the East Coast think they're the only people on this planet. I've mentioned it once already but Raw ends at 9.PM here. All of us on the West Coast not only get to watch Raw but also have it end perfectly for kids on our Coast. People have to stopping being so naive as to think that there is only one time zone in which people watch T.V in. I have already addressed the issue of making it early in my first post. No it will not and cannot change.

Have any and I mean any of you even considered what it is like to watch Raw on a continent besides North America? Answer me that before people say that it should be switched.

The timing works perfectly for me in the Midwest, 8PM-10PM. If have to miss for some reason, I either record it or find it the next day on Youtube. I don't think it's a huge issue.
Besides, isn't it usually the number one cable show in its time slot?

Have any and I mean any of you even considered what it is like to watch Raw on a continent besides North America? Answer me that before people say that it should be switched.

Yes and it's not that great. In Central Europe time, Raw is live at 3 AM and on Mondays, which has a school/work day ahead of it.

Absolutely. Then you could attract more families with children less than 5 (the targeted demographic apparently) and increase floundering ratings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back