Should I Venture Into YouTube? Yes or No

SSJPhenom

The Phenom of WZ
I've been mulling it over for a while now and I kinda want to try my hand at being a YouTuber. I want to see what you guys think. I've been practicing with editing and upgrading my CPU and equipment.

I would cover things like wrestling, movies, video games, various TV shows, music, DBZ, other anime, UFC, Football, and basketball. I've been writing like crazy and I've got enough material to do over 5 hours of content, but I'm a tad bit apprehensive.

What say you?

I think people would rather hear your stories about statutory rape, questioning your sexuality, drug addiction, and raising siblings.

My eight year old would also like to do this as well. Her "My little brother is so annoying" speeches should get millions of views.

I've been thinking about it as well to be fair. It's no different than a podcast or any other form of journalism (just a different medium)

Just make sure you know what you're going to do and are decent at it at least

I'm going to do one called "Punching people in the face.". It's where I give random people haymakers on the sidewalk for reactions. I win prizes if it lasts a full season. So watch out for your mailman if you live in Canada.

I've been mulling it over for a while now and I kinda want to try my hand at being a YouTuber. I want to see what you guys think. I've been practicing with editing and upgrading my CPU and equipment.

I would cover things like wrestling, movies, video games, various TV shows, music, DBZ, other anime, UFC, Football, and basketball. I've been writing like crazy and I've got enough material to do over 5 hours of content, but I'm a tad bit apprehensive.

What say you?

Two friends of mine at work do one. They have a name for their show and subscribers (mostly people at work to be honest), and mostly cause we've all been hounded to death to watch them. It isn't that bad, they preview all the new Marvel stuff, games and whatnot that's coming out. One guy is just plain crazy and the other is the perfect straight guy so they work well together.

It's fast paced and they keep it interesting which is not what happened on a lot of Youtube shows. Most of them are extremely boring as people tend to go off on a tangent and end up talking to themselves, that's when I tune out.

Make your subjects interesting and keep it moving. A lot of "Hmmm's" and "Ahhhhs" don't keep people interested. Having someone else to play off also works if you tend to be a boring kind of person.

But go for it, I mean shit why not. I used to do a radio show every Sunday night on the all digital network with a group of friends. It was fun at first and we had a lot of listeners, but after a couple of months I dropped out and just show up once in awhile as a special guest. Apparently I have a radio voice. So try it and see. Like someone else said if you fail, it's even funnier.

I've been thinking about it as well to be fair. It's no different than a podcast or any other form of journalism (just a different medium)

Just make sure you know what you're going to do and are decent at it at least

This is something that's learned over time. No one—absolutely no one—is good at it out of the gate. In exactly the same way every writer is embarrassed by their first writings, or musicians hate their first songs, etc.

You're right that it's no different than a podcast or any other form of journalism, but you're wrong to discourage him by demanding an unrealistic standard of quality out of the gate.

Do your thing, Phenom. As long as you are open to feedback and criticism and are constantly trying to improve you have as good a chance at succeeding here as anyone. Nothing is as valuable as a solid work ethic in this respect.

This is something that's learned over time. No one—absolutely no one—is good at it out of the gate. In exactly the same way every writer is embarrassed by their first writings, or musicians hate their first songs, etc.

You're right that it's no different than a podcast or any other form of journalism, but you're wrong to discourage him by demanding an unrealistic standard of quality out of the gate.

Oh I didn't mean he should be like those people who've been doing it for years right off the bat but as Navi said keep it interesting and don't go off on a tangent. Scripting it out would probably help. I mean even if he sounds like he's reading from a script is still better than deviating from the original idea and rambling.

Do your thing, Phenom. As long as you are open to feedback and criticism and are constantly trying to improve you have as good a chance at succeeding here as anyone. Nothing is as valuable as a solid work ethic in this respect.

Basically this. So long as he video is an interesting topic you should be fine and as IDR said you'll refine it and get better

Thanks for the motivation guys. It was just the push I needed. I'm going to make my first video and introduction type thing where I'll introduce myself and what type of content I'll do. Then I'll go from there.

I am going to plan stuff out. I'm just going to wing it. I wish I could find a partner, but I'll go solo for awhile. I'll embed the video when I'm finished with it.

You should. You provide a very good insight into stories and I like how you go deep into topics. You could differentiate yourself from most other YouTubers targeting the same audience. You already have the content, the fluency too will catch up. All the best to you!

I think it's easier than ever to do things like that unless you want to be a stand-put which I reckon requires some serious hours putting in, so why not go for it eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back