Should entrance themes change?

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Pretty much every wrestler these days has an entrance theme, which is part of what is meant to set his character apart from his peers and opponents. I have noticed over the years in both WWE and TNA that people's entrance themes change more often than I think they should. Sometimes it comes along with a face/heel turn or a bigger push, but then other times it just comes at a random moment when it really isn't necessary.

Example #1. Say there is a midcarder who was a face and just turned heel last week. This week would make perfect sense to give him a new theme, one that will provide him with a great entrance during his heel run. The same can be said if it's a heel who is beginning a face run. This makes sense and should happen often.

Example #2. Someone is already in the middle of a push and has remained in the same face/heel status for a while. Fans already like his entrance. Suddenly, his entrance theme changes this week. Why? His push isn't ending or changing, and his face/heel status is not changing. The fans don't like the new theme, his reactions die down, and it ultimately ends the push. This one doesn't make sense. It is not always to the extreme of ending someone's push, but it ends up being a pointless change regardless.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the entrance themes to not change unless the wrestler is getting a huge push or changing face/heel status? I personally think the themes should almost never change because fans associate entrance themes with the wrestlers who use them. It needs to be a huge deal if a theme changes and it should only happen once in a great while so that anyone can tell that something new and important is going on.

Under what circumstances should a wrestler's entrance theme be changed and why or why not?

Are there any specific times when an entrance theme for a wrestler changed to one that you really liked/disliked compared to the previous that you'd like to share your thoughts on?

Discuss.

I can't think of any point in time where people stopped cheering for a guy because his theme changed.

I do agree that theme changes should be limited to heel/face turns, character changing events, faction breakups.

It was a good idea for example when NWO split and the Wolfpack got their own music instead of still using regular NWO music. I really like Punk using "Cult of Personality" too. I was upset at first because I liked his old theme a lot but his new one goes incredibly well with his character.
I was confused how Truth had no music for about a month and now he has an instrumental version of his old theme. It kinda changed randomly and made no sense.

fans dont stop cheering or booing someone based off their theme :lol:

but i will agree when someone turns heel or face there theme should change...depending on what it is because certain themes dont really make a difference but at times it is needed i cant think of any at the moment besides when r-truth turned heel thank god he stopped with whats up that was the worst theme of the year in my book!

I've always thought that in my mind that a superstar's entrance is what makes up 15% of him overall. I think that it should be one of those things that changes when a person goes heel/face turn, or when a person is newly introduced. There are other small scenarios but that's the main one to me.

I mean, the whole Corre music being modified multiple times in less than two months?!? Cmon.

I think that there are certain times in a Superstar's career that warrant changing their theme, not during a push but during a gimmick change/turn or new alliance. A perfect example of good theme changing is Randy Orton, look at the times he has changed his themes. Randy's music has illustrated the big moments in his career perfectly and is the way that other superstar's theme changes should be modeled after.

Evolution:Line In The Sand
Orton used this theme while he was a member of the legendary stable Evolution. Along with Triple H, Batista and Ric Flair they took the WWE by force and at one point all had championship gold, ruling the E as a unit.

Legend Killer:Burn In My Light
During Orton's time as the cocky young superstar who destroyed the legends of the sport to prove his greatness, he used this theme to display his arrogance and self confidence as he rose through the ranks as a singles compeditor who had be screwed by his stable.

The Viper:Voices
This is the theme Randy used after going from the cocky young Legend Killer to the cold blooded tactician that is The Viper. This theme fit his mentally unstable gimmick perfectly and has been working for him ever since.

One change that really upset me was when Kane went from one of the best and well fitting themes in Slow Chemical, and switched to Man On Fire. Yes the instrumental Man On Fire is scary and a good theme, but I think that it's too similar to Undertaker's Rest In Peace. Slow Chemical just has a sound that fit Kane in a unique way, it fit him and his entrance very well and I miss when he used it.

Stone Cold shouldve kept his epic music(Glass shatters) that distubed made for him. That song is fucking badass and murders his original music which sounds so generic now.

I loved all of edges themes(E&C music/never gonna stop and his last one before retiring was epic.

Randy ortons current music sucks. I love his old theme.

John cenas stupid appledome trumpet song sucks. Its godawful and annoying. Basic thunganomics was way better.

Then 90% of the current roster needs new music because they all sound the same(generic rock music).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back