should alcohol be banned at concerts?

Sparky

Master of the Aussie kiss
Face it, thats the reason most concerts are 18 nd ^. I personally think Alcohol should be banned. that way they can lower the age restriction for concerts. When i was 17 I wanted to go to at least 10 concerts that year, I had the money but alas becouse they was selling alcohol at the venue I wasnt allowed. I don't think the band/singer would care, as he isnt getting any money from the drinks.

Also who wants to drink when your at a concert. Personally i feel it would kill the buzz so to speak. I would much prefer to go to the concert to listen to the music, not to drink, i can do that anywhere.

I think that if they was to stop selling alcohol at concerts it would really raise attendances. as under 18's would be able to go (not to young of course) and people would go as the fear of fights and stuff wouldnt happen as much.

Whats your view on this?

I don't get why you'd want to either. The last three concerts I've been to have been more interesting because of alcohol. Each one involved some woman doing something ******ed because she was drunk off her ass. Seriously what's the point? All three shows were awesome, but of course it's better to get wasted like you could anywhere else. Here if the concert is at a bar or a club and you're under 21 you get an X written on your hand or a bracelet or something liek that so it's no big deal. Still though it's stupid to even want to get drunk in the first place, so why you'd want to do it at a concert is beyond me. Ban it for all I care.

Ban it. Concerts for the most part are for the chance to see a band play a live show. I am all for drinking, but why should a huge demographic be unable to participate in a live show, just because some people would rather get wasted at a concert.

Now a concert here is not a concert such as a Warped Tour is. At a concert like Warped tour, allow alcohol (though I say ban bottled beer), and just ID people. Concerts like the Merritt Mountainfest (for all of you who don't know, it is a massive orgy for country music), the sale of alcohol is the bloodline for the show, so allow it as those kind of events.

For the most part, beer at outdoor events, no beer at indoor.

Yes, I think alchohol should be banned at concerts because you go to a concert to watch the band perform and enjoy the atmosphere of everyone around you having fun and singing along to the songs. You are able to have fun without getting drunk off your arse and making a fool of themselves, people that get drunk because they think the're 'kewl' piss me off heaps and I would be all for an alchohol ban.

Here if the concert is at a bar or a club and you're under 21 you get an X written on your hand or a bracelet or something liek that so it's no big deal.

That would create a problem of people buying for their friends and giving it to them if they are under age. I think a complete ban would be better.

Honestly, who wants to go to a concert and get smashed? I'd rather not drink and enjoy the concert, not get sick and remember what happened the next day.

TM raises a good point about out door music festivals and the problem with bands being 'bottled' by angry fans who have emply glass bottles of beer. If alchohol is purchaseable, it should be in plastic cups.

Face it, thats the reason most concerts are 18 nd ^. I personally think Alcohol should be banned. that way they can lower the age restriction for concerts. When i was 17 I wanted to go to at least 10 concerts that year, I had the money but alas becouse they was selling alcohol at the venue I wasnt allowed. I don't think the band/singer would care, as he isnt getting any money from the drinks.

Also who wants to drink when your at a concert. Personally i feel it would kill the buzz so to speak. I would much prefer to go to the concert to listen to the music, not to drink, i can do that anywhere.

I think that if they was to stop selling alcohol at concerts it would really raise attendances. as under 18's would be able to go (not to young of course) and people would go as the fear of fights and stuff wouldnt happen as much.

Whats your view on this?

Maybe they're 18 and ^ where you live but where I live almost every show is an all ages show, you want to buy alcohol you get a stupid wrist band and go wait in line to buy your $4 glass of beer

and of course Alcohol should be allowed at concerts, people are there to have a good fucking time, and if that is enhanced by drinking than I see no problem with it half the bands are drunk of their asses most of the time anyways, banning alcohol at concerts would just be ******ed, do you have any idea how much money promoters make off of beer sales alone?!?, why the fuck would they want to cut that out, that's just bad buisness plain and simple

That's true that it would create a problem but the same problem could happen anywhere. I like your idea about the total banning. Seriously why not? Do you really want a person that has limited control over their actions around a large crowd of people that they don't know that have been drinking as well? Concerts are wild enough as it is. Do you want to throw alcohol on top of that? I certainly don't.

People have a better time when they get drunk, which is why people have horrible tasting alcohol. You'd only possibly ban it so kids can get into seeing a concert. But they're not allowed into clubs, and smaller venues are like that, so why should they be allowed to go? It's practically the same thing.

The main reason why people want alcohol to be banned is because, especially at festivals, drunk people start throwing stuff (alcohol containers or otherwise) up on stage...

For the most part,this doesn't happen, but it's happening to "emo" bands like my chemical romance at UK festivals...

But then again, if you're gonna book my chemical romance at something like Download, a hardcore metal festival, what do you expect?

Yea...Agreed. Kids ages 13-18 are probably the ones who want to go watch all these concerts. I mean really, I think they need to get rid of the weed at the concerts. Yes, I have seen people rolling a dubie in the middle of a concert. But I think Neither will ever ever happen.

Ban it, because it's stupid really. The people that drink at concerts aren't there for the music IMO, they are there to just show off. Like they're really cool anyways. Plus I'm personally sick and tired of morons spilling their damn beer on me. Even though it may be an accident, the fact of the matter is, they don't watch what they're doing. Plus the drinkers just end up arguing anyways. Every time I have gone to a concert lately, there have been drunk idiots beside me, in front of me, or behind me, so drunk or are on the verge of being drunk, they end up getting into an arguement with their significant other, best friend, or what have you. It really gets annoying because I'm trying to enjoy the concert, but can't because everyone else is arguing around me. There's no point in the alcohol being there. It just makes people act stupidly.

What the fuck? lol, loads of people liek to have a beer or two at a concert, and there's nothing wrogn with that. Look at Readign festival, the whoel thing is actually sponsored by Carling, and beers readily avaliable there, yet anyone of any age is allwoed to go. Same with places like Glastonbury. If you're talking about classical music or soemthing, then I can see why people would go "for the music" - with most other music, especially rock/metal etc, people go for a good time in general, and for a large portion of the adult population, that includes having a drink. Just wait till you're 18, it's not that hard.

It wouldn't really make a great deal of difference tbh. Ok, by not selling alcohol in the premises you could have more kids come to the concert, but that won't stop adults from getting drunk in the surrounding bars, or even outside just before they go in. I've been to enough gigs to know that you're going to have to wade through a stream of beer cans and bottles outside venues near enough every time you go.

On top of that you've got your drug takers who will either just do them outside or inside, so it's not going to be any safer in the venue, you'll just have more sober people getting pissed off with the drunk/stoned people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back