Should A.J. Styles Just Swallow His Pride and Sign With the WWE?

Can we say for certain that AJ is actually cheating with Dixie. I may have missed it, if so i need to pay more attention, but i dont think either AJ or Dixie have admitted they have had a relationship. There have been strong suggestions that this has been the case, and evidence shown/heard which points in that direction but from what i believe no confirmation. On the last Impact Dixie said she would tell everyone what exactly was going on so other people dont carry on getting hurt.

Maybe her/AJ do have a secret, maybe she has confided in AJ as the supposed face of the company regarding something that affects the company and the people within it. It is impossible to state until we are given confirmation that her and AJ have actually been up to someting that this storyline is unbelievable and stupid. Maybe you have been to quick to judge and have bought into the direction that TNA wanted to take the majority of the audience down before changing it up at the last minute with something far less expected. I guess we will see this week.

While TNA have not outright had AJ or Dixie acknowledge a relationship, it's definetely implied to be heading that way. Daniels & Kaz have been shouting it for weeks, Hogan calls AJ a "son-of-a-bitch" who needed to return after leaving WITH DIXIE, and Dixie & AJ backstage claiming they wanted to tell everything. Call me crazy, but, that implies something to reveal. I don't think TNA would have went through the trouble of having Dixie's husband, Serge, on-air delivering that weak ass phantom punch to Styles if this weren't planned to somehow advance the story. I guess we shall see this week, won't we?

@Rayne; I'm not saying AJ Styles is a cruiserweight who cannot make it in WWE. That's not it at all. What I am saying is that Styles will be viewed that way in WWE by management. And when you add that to how former WCW/ECW/TNA wrestlers have been weakly booked in their WWE tenures, it doesn't exactly give you hope for AJ Styles possibly going there. And FYI, I compared Styles to those hall-of-famers because he's just as good as they are/were and not because he doesn't measure up. That was your faulty assumption, not mine.

While TNA have not outright had AJ or Dixie acknowledge a relationship, it's definetely implied to be heading that way. Daniels & Kaz have been shouting it for weeks, Hogan calls AJ a "son-of-a-bitch" who needed to return after leaving WITH DIXIE, and Dixie & AJ backstage claiming they wanted to tell everything. Call me crazy, but, that implies something to reveal. I don't think TNA would have went through the trouble of having Dixie's husband, Serge, on-air delivering that weak ass phantom punch to Styles if this weren't planned to somehow advance the story. I guess we shall see this week, won't we?

I agree it does imply something to reveal. You may be right and they may well go down the affair route there is as you say enough evidence being put forward. With regard to Serge coming out and attacking AJ he may well from a storyline perspective have jumped to the same conclusions that alot of the fans have. Lets face it you've had pictures of AJ/Dixie hugging, going into a room together and having a strange phone convo as well. It does point to one thing but does not give concrete evidence that something has occured.

I suspect its not as clear cut as is being suggested. Look forward to getting answers this week.

@Rayne; I'm not saying AJ Styles is a cruiserweight who cannot make it in WWE. That's not it at all. What I am saying is that Styles will be viewed that way in WWE by management. And when you add that to how former WCW/ECW/TNA wrestlers have been weakly booked in their WWE tenures, it doesn't exactly give you hope for AJ Styles possibly going there. And FYI, I compared Styles to those hall-of-famers because he's just as good as they are/were and not because he doesn't measure up. That was your faulty assumption, not mine.
Booker T: Multiple time World Champion. Current announce team. (WCW/TNA)
Chris Jericho: Multiple time World Champion. (ECW/WCW)
Chris Benoit: World Champion. (ECW/WCW)
Eddie Guerrero: Multiple time World Champion. (ECW/WCW)
Christian: Multiple time World Champion. (TNA)
Rey Mysterio Jr.: Multiple time World Champion. (ECW/WCW)
Rob Van Dam: World Champion. (ECW)
Mick Foley: Multiple time World Champion. (ECW/WCW)

I'm stopping here because I've made my point.

This whole "WCW/TNA/ECW wrestlers don't get a fair shake" thing is complete bullshit, or a 'faulty assumption'. People remember the performers that don't make it, and go "oh, my favorite wrestler didn't become a 7-time world champion in the WWE and lost a match to John Cena, they must be getting held back." If you have the ability to put asses in seats, the WWE will use you. Thinking that businessmen keep insane personal grudges based on where someone used to work at the sacrifice of profit is a narrative that sells very well to professional wrestling fans, but doesn't make any sense, whatsoever, anywhere else. You use whoever makes you money, however you think they will best make you money.

This is an amazingly tough concept for people to grasp, because they insist on believing in the Evil Mr. McMahon, or The Company vs. The Good Guys, but all professional wrestling is about is making money. Plenty of WCW, TNA, and ECW guys have gone on into the WWE to bring in money, and were used- and still are- according to their talents.

Booker T: Multiple time World Champion. Current announce team. (WCW/TNA)
Chris Jericho: Multiple time World Champion. (ECW/WCW)
Chris Benoit: World Champion. (ECW/WCW)
Eddie Guerrero: Multiple time World Champion. (ECW/WCW)
Christian: Multiple time World Champion. (TNA)
Rey Mysterio Jr.: Multiple time World Champion. (ECW/WCW)
Rob Van Dam: World Champion. (ECW)
Mick Foley: Multiple time World Champion. (ECW/WCW)

And for every big name you listed there, there were points in their careers where WWE dropped the ball with them or had them floundering around doing jackshit and nothin'.

How about the list of just TNA guys in WWE[aside from Christian]; Chris Harris[who did suck, just an example though], Ron Killings/R-Truth, Monty Brown/Marcus Cor Von[who was awesome, btw], and even Frankie Kazarian/Kaz. While some like Harris/Braden Walker were obviously not WWE material, you cannot tell me that WWE even came close to using these guys to their potentials. Look at R-Truth. Not even a serious contender and randomly thrown in a tag team with Kofi. Are you HONESTLY telling me you think that AJ Styles will be treated fairly and given a rightful opportunity? Because if you truly believe that lie, you are delusionally marking for WWE without basis to do so.

I'm stopping here because I've made my point.
Glad to see you don't think more of your own opinion!:banghead:

This whole "WCW/TNA/ECW wrestlers don't get a fair shake" thing is complete bullshit, or a 'faulty assumption'. People remember the performers that don't make it, and go "oh, my favorite wrestler didn't become a 7-time world champion in the WWE and lost a match to John Cena, they must be getting held back." If you have the ability to put asses in seats, the WWE will use you. Thinking that businessmen keep insane personal grudges based on where someone used to work at the sacrifice of profit is a narrative that sells very well to professional wrestling fans, but doesn't make any sense, whatsoever, anywhere else. You use whoever makes you money, however you think they will best make you money.

I never said all former talents "don't get a fair shake". Go back and look over my replies. I said that most of them didn't get used correctly. And for every name that did suceed in WWE, you had dozens more that didn't simply because WWE had "nothing creative for them". Sensing a pattern here?

This is an amazingly tough concept for people to grasp, because they insist on believing in the Evil Mr. McMahon, or The Company vs. The Good Guys, but all professional wrestling is about is making money. Plenty of WCW, TNA, and ECW guys have gone on into the WWE to bring in money, and were used- and still are- according to their talents.

Once again, some were used and some weren't. Obviously, there were alot of WCW/ECW/TNA guys who couldn't cut it in WWE. Not everyone is the next breakout star, which I totally get. Any fan who looks at WWE history of correctly using outside talents objectively will see a pattern. Will they eventually be used? Perhaps. But, that's only if they stick around in WWE and resign numerous times doing nothing for a long time. It's painfully obvious you don't view it objectively and think everything's just peachy in WWE. Again, history doesn't support that lack of logic and it's ironic you try to paint that picture. Why do you think a legend like Sting will not go to WWE? Is it because he sees this pattern too? Looks that way......

And for every big name you listed there, there were points in their careers where WWE dropped the ball with them or had them floundering around doing jackshit and nothin'.
Yes. Just about every performer goes through a period where creative has nothing for them at the moment. They aren't John Cena, so the WWE must not be using them to their full potential.
How about the list of just TNA guys in WWE[aside from Christian]; Chris Harris[who did suck, just an example though], Ron Killings/R-Truth, Monty Brown/Marcus Cor Von[who was awesome, btw], and even Frankie Kazarian/Kaz. While some like Harris/Braden Walker were obviously not WWE material, you cannot tell me that WWE even came close to using these guys to their potentials. Look at R-Truth. Not even a serious contender and randomly thrown in a tag team with Kofi. Are you HONESTLY telling me you think that AJ Styles will be treated fairly and given a rightful opportunity? Because if you truly believe that lie, you are delusionally marking for WWE without basis to do so.
Chris Harris- Thank you for making my point for me about putting asses in seats.
Ron Killings- Former US, Intercontinental, Tag Champion, had a main event feud with John Cena. Again, not John Cena, so he's obviously not being used properly.
Monty Brown- Average, had a reputation for working dangerously.
Kazarian- Was a bland cruiserweight in the WWE. Is still a bland cruiserweight today. Went to TNA/IW after he was in the WWE, so he fails to apply here anyways. Now in a 'thrown together' tag team with Chris Daniels.

Like I said, people are going to look at the few guys that didn't make it, and go "oh, my pet favorite didn't win multiple world championships, this obviously means the WWE holds a grudge towards anyone from promotions that aren't theirs." If Marcus Cor Von was so good, why didn't TNA/IW pick him back up when the WWE released him? Why even bring up Chris Harris if you yourself think he was shit?

For Christ's sake, if you're going to bring up some people with talent from ECW, WCW, or TNA/IW who got boned from the WWE, at least pick a few better performers.
Storm said:
Glad to see you don't think more of your own opinion!:banghead:
I'm entitled to it. I listed 8 world champions in the WWE from other organizations, you came back with Chris fucking Harris.
I never said all former talents "don't get a fair shake". Go back and look over my replies. I said that most of them didn't get used correctly. And for every name that did suceed in WWE, you had dozens more that didn't simply because WWE had "nothing creative for them". Sensing a pattern here?
Yes. I am seeing a pattern that you think every wrestler from another organization should arrive in a much larger organization and be as big of a fish in a bigger pond, and are willing to ignore the multiple success stories I've given you in favor of Chris fucking Harris. Why don't you name some of those dozens? Dozens would imply at least 24, so you should have no problem creating a big, fat list of names of people who deserved to be used better then they were. You'll think of every name who didn't become a world champion, and we'll all get a good laugh when you complain about Hugh Morris not being used properly.
Storm said:
Once again, some were used and some weren't. Obviously, there were alot of WCW/ECW/TNA guys who couldn't cut it in WWE. Not everyone is the next breakout star, which I totally get. Any fan who looks at WWE history of correctly using outside talents objectively will see a pattern.
I don't think you know what the word objectively means. See, you're viewing this subjectively, and when I provide several names who succeeded in the WWE, you ignore that evidence in favor of Chris fucking Harris.
Storm said:
Will they eventually be used? Perhaps. But, that's only if they stick around in WWE and resign numerous times doing nothing for a long time. It's painfully obvious you don't view it objectively and think everything's just peachy in WWE. Again, history doesn't support that lack of logic and it's ironic you try to paint that picture. Why do you think a legend like Sting will not go to WWE? Is it because he sees this pattern too? Looks that way......
Ah, the old "if you don't agree with me, you're clearly a blind WWE fan." It always comes back to this line, doesn't it? If a performer isn't doing anything for six months, he's clearly not being used properly. We're hitting all the standard canards on these boards, aren't we?

You keep talking about "history", and yet the examples you've provided of performers in the WWE not being used properly are Monty Brown, Chris fucking Harris (I emphasize that repeatedly because of how ridiculous the example is), and a guy that is on television every single week, and has been every time he's healthy. If there's a lot of "history" there, "dozens" in fact, you should have no problem coming up with better examples to demonstrate your case.

Or, you know, you could stick your fingers in your ears, say "you clearly just don't get it, because anyone who looks at it would obviously agree with me", and move on.

Ok, Rayne. How about this? DDP. He was a top-tier WCW guy who debuted in WWF during the WCW "invasion" who had a major storyline and WWE dropped the ball. How do you justify that? To be honest, none of those guys I listed were "pet favorites" of mine, but, merely example of people not used or given fair shots. It had nothing to do with me liking them, but, that WWE/WWF has a pattern of not giving people rightful opportunities to make impacts.

Want another big example? Sting. Although he's never been in WWE, he's gone on record several times saying he didn't like how WCW talents were used[or not used in some cases] and that's why he never signed with them. Bottom line, nice spin-job. You try to make it seem as if I'm personally biased against WWE simply because my favs didn't succeed. Not so. What I am saying is that talents established elsewhere don't get the amount of opportunity to succeed that others made in WWE do.

How else do you explain the whole DDP/Undertaker storyline epicly failing? Lemme guess: DDP wasn't big enough a star, right? The fact of the matter is that WWE had an entire WCW & ECW roster at one time and might've used 5 or 6 of them in any storylines. I didn't even list ECW guys, although the point is just as strong for them too. Look at Booker T. Did he get a WWE title? No. He got the World Title, which is viewed as secondary[unless Triple H happened to be wearing it, then it was prestigious]. Booker already had the WCW title when it came to WWE. He only got one World title reign in WWE[aside from the title he was wearing into the company]. He spent years in WWE and only had ONE title reign. How about Rob Van Dam? One title reign with the WWE title in how many years? I practically lost count. That's not even including the numerous mid-lower card guys WWE could've used to supplement their own mid-lower cards. Spin it however you like, but, you know I have a valid point here. I could go in-depth and list many more off the top of my head. Rhyno, Goldberg, Kanyon, the list goes on and on. I doubt it would make a difference, though. Because you are the know-it-all, right? Can't be told differently? I guess ignorance truly is bliss because when you think you know everything, you think you have nothing else to learn. Sad, really.

Ok, Rayne. How about this? DDP. He was a top-tier WCW guy who debuted in WWF during the WCW "invasion" who had a major storyline and WWE dropped the ball. How do you justify that? To be honest, none of those guys I listed were "pet favorites" of mine, but, merely example of people not used or given fair shots. It had nothing to do with me liking them, but, that WWE/WWF has a pattern of not giving people rightful opportunities to make impacts.
DDP. I thought he'd come up. When he entered the WWE, he was 45. How much investment do you seriously expect the WWE to put into a guy who has retirement literally right around the corner? The WWE didn't 'drop the ball' on him; DDP had already had almost his entire career in another organization.
Want another big example? Sting. Although he's never been in WWE, he's gone on record several times saying he didn't like how WCW talents were used[or not used in some cases] and that's why he never signed with them. Bottom line, nice spin-job. You try to make it seem as if I'm personally biased against WWE simply because my favs didn't succeed. Not so. What I am saying is that talents established elsewhere don't get the amount of opportunity to succeed that others made in WWE do.
Much like your "well I know Chris Harris sucks" example, you blow your own point out of the water in sentence two. Sting's never been in the WWE. You think he wouldn't be used properly. Great? I think that if pigs flew, they'd tumble instead of flying ballistically, but that doesn't matter either.
How else do you explain the whole DDP/Undertaker storyline epicly failing? Lemme guess: DDP wasn't big enough a star, right?
No, he was 45, and the WWE had no interest in promoting someone heavily who wouldn't be with the company in a couple of years. Pretty easy explanation, actually. (Before you mention the Undertaker's age, at 45, Taker was getting promoted for one match per year.)
The fact of the matter is that WWE had an entire WCW & ECW roster at one time and might've used 5 or 6 of them in any storylines.
I listed eight that were former world champions, 6 of those multiple times. You do quite well when you just make up numbers, but pretty poorly when it comes to providing supporting evidence. I thought there were dozens of guys that the WWE didn't do right by? It doesn't seem like much of a 'fact', when you're having such a hard time coming up with convincing names.
Look at Booker T. Did he get a WWE title? No. He got the World Title, which is viewed as secondary[unless Triple H happened to be wearing it, then it was prestigious].
Poor Booker T. Jeez, only given a title that some raving lunatic on the internet insists has always been secondary because it was the Smackdown title for the past couple of years. Then incorporated into the announce team. Yeah, he sure got screwed!
How about Rob Van Dam? One title reign with the WWE title in how many years? I practically lost count.
Then got arrested- very publicly- for marijuana and painkiller possession, was convicted on the marijuana charges. Not the kind of image the WWE is looking for in their lead company representative. But right, RVD wasn't as successful as Randy Orton, so the WWE didn't do right by him. By the way, how did RVD's title reign over in TNA/IW go? They stripped the belt from him because people were actually tuning out at the end of the program, you say? RVD is one of those guys that people get a hard on for, but he's not the mega-star people want him to be.
That's not even including the numerous mid-lower card guys WWE could've used to supplement their own mid-lower cards. Spin it however you like, but, you know I have a valid point here.
You rely on this to make your points a lot. No, I don't think you have a valid point here. I think you're bringing up ridiculous examples like Chris Harris and now Kanyon, trying to pretend that Booker T got a raw deal from the WWE, and then repeat "but made-up big number obviously says I'm right, and I could provide examples, but......".
I could go in-depth and list many more off the top of my head.
I've been asking you to for quite a while now. I listed eight world champions off the top of my head, you said you could list dozens. Still waiting. Now, you're just listing guys that were in the WWE at one time or another. I seem to forget whatever it was about Rhyno that said "push me!" Kanyon, well, there's that "Hugh Morris" moment I expected.

The one point you might have so far is Goldberg. Whom the WWE gave a world's championship to. (Forgot that reign, so we can say nine world champions now.) He had a reputation for injuring people, was incredibly expensive to hire, and at his cost wasn't worth his declining popularity at the time.
the list goes on and on.
You said you could provide dozens. You listed six names. One was a 45-year old man, whom you for some reason expect the WWE to invest in heavily. One wasn't even in the WWE. Two were world champions. One was an average midcarder who was used as an average midcarder, and then you mention fucking Kanyon.

I'm always convinced by a good argument. The problem is, your argument is shit, and relies on you repeating "but I'm obviously right". Somehow, that makes me the stubborn one. How about you come back with an argument that doesn't rely on stuff like "well, the guy was only world champion once", or "you obviously know I'm right, so I shouldn't have to make any kind of case for my point". If there are dozens of examples of guys the WWE didn't do right by, you should have no problem listing several convincing ones off the top of your head. When you mention Chris Harris and Kanyon to support your argument, you do it more harm than good.

I think you've moved on to the next phase of argument though, which is where you walk away without providing that huge list of names you repeatedly threaten but not provide, because "it's-obvious-you-won't-listen". I'm listening. You're giving me reasons to ridicule you. Try harder.

DDP. I thought he'd come up. When he entered the WWE, he was 45. How much investment do you seriously expect the WWE to put into a guy who has retirement literally right around the corner? The WWE didn't 'drop the ball' on him; DDP had already had almost his entire career in another organization.

DDP was just ONE example of a top WCW guy who didn't get used because WWE really didn't intend on ever using them. I expect WWE to invest in people when they can still draw money. The fact of the matter is that DDP was a big name WCW guy going head-to-head with perhaps the BIGGEST name in WWE. Sounds like bullshit excuses and self-righteous grandstanding to me. Which has been the pattern in this topic with you. Get over yourself you egotistical bastard. You do NOT know everything. Stop saying shit on here as if you are the greatest wrestling fan ever. Although you probably believe your own hype, right?

Much like your "well I know Chris Harris sucks" example, you blow your own point out of the water in sentence two. Sting's never been in the WWE. You think he wouldn't be used properly. Great? I think that if pigs flew, they'd tumble instead of flying ballistically, but that doesn't matter either.

I admitted that Chris Harris sucked because he DID. He did get over pretty well in TNA, which was why I even brought him up. I brought up Sting because he's an insider in wrestling who didn't go to WWE. Why, you may ask? Because he said the same things I'm saying in various interviews. Don't you find that ironic, Mr. Know-It-All? Your lack of logic in this debate is personal attacks with nothing but arrogance and conceit. It's a wonder you can even see what I'm replying with a head that swollen. Try point-by-point debating.

No, he was 45, and the WWE had no interest in promoting someone heavily who wouldn't be with the company in a couple of years. Pretty easy explanation, actually. (Before you mention the Undertaker's age, at 45, Taker was getting promoted for one match per year.)

:lmao::lol: You claimed I contradicted myself, yet you did the exact same thing in that. You claim DDP wasn't used because of his age, and then, turn around and admit that Taker was being invested in at age 45. Either age is an issue[which is utter BS] or it's not. Can't have it both ways.

I listed eight that were former world champions, 6 of those multiple times. You do quite well when you just make up numbers, but pretty poorly when it comes to providing supporting evidence. I thought there were dozens of guys that the WWE didn't do right by? It doesn't seem like much of a 'fact', when you're having such a hard time coming up with convincing names.

You want names? Fine;

DDP-2 time former WCW Champion. Had major feud potential and dream match potential. WWE screwed up.

Booker T-5 time WCW Champion who only got one additional World Title reign in WWE. Was there MANY years without a reign and only got one when WWE applied that God-awful "King Booker" gimmick to him and only used as a transitional champ.

Scott Steiner-WCW Champion who only jobbed out to HHH and then floundered around in mid-card obscurity before being released. Let me guess, the age BS again?

Mark Jindrak-A big guy with potential, not used. WCW guy AGAIN. Could've enhanced WWE's weak midcard

Sean O'Haire-Same as Jindrak, although WWE did a nice job with the vignettes introducing him on Smackdown and putting him with Roddy Piper. Let me guess, you'll say both Jindrak & O'Haire sucked, right? You're arguements are predictable and boring. I guess you are the almighty fan measuring stick for talent, right?

Those are just a few WCW examples. How about ECW?

Sabu-Never used in WWE or won any belts

Tommy Dreamer-Same as Sabu, only MUCH better character & in-ring.

Rhino/Rhyno-A decently pushed monster who got alot of TV time, despite not given a proper opportunity to show what he could do.

Taz[z]-The Human Suplex Machine. THE man in ECW back in the day. Maybe you could argue that Sabu was just a no-talent high-risk loser. But Taz? Not used? Only a tag team champion in WWE? Please.

Rob Van Dam- Drugs or no drugs, he's a beast in the ring. As we see, some people are immune to the "wellness policy". HHH, anyone? He's juicing like crazy, but, RVD gets busted for weed? Really? He only got one WWE title run and that was cut short due to politics. Although it was a nice deflection.

I'm sure there are MANY more names, but, you wanted more and I even gave great reasons with each. Doesn't get more in-depth than that. You believe you know everything, though. Like talking to a brick wall, with less intelligence, if that's possible. No wonder some wrestling fans get reps for being arrogant, smarmy dicks.

Poor Booker T. Jeez, only given a title that some raving lunatic on the internet insists has always been secondary because it was the Smackdown title for the past couple of years. Then incorporated into the announce team. Yeah, he sure got screwed!

You damn right he got screwed. He was a former 5-time champion in WCW! And although he was never one of my main favs, WWE dropped the ball with him. I'm a raving lunatic? You're delusional narcisistic, pal. Get over yourself. Look at the World Title now and compare that to how the WWE title is booked. When the World Title is the curtain jerker at Wrestlemania and only given an under 30 second match, I'd say it is indeed SECONDARY. As for Booker on the announce team, that's another story. That's not even relevant to the topic, so, again, nice deflection.

Then got arrested- very publicly- for marijuana and painkiller possession, was convicted on the marijuana charges. Not the kind of image the WWE is looking for in their lead company representative. But right, RVD wasn't as successful as Randy Orton, so the WWE didn't do right by him. By the way, how did RVD's title reign over in TNA/IW go? They stripped the belt from him because people were actually tuning out at the end of the program, you say? RVD is one of those guys that people get a hard on for, but he's not the mega-star people want him to be.

Again, a deflection point. Others like Orton have been given more leeway with their suspension history unlike RVD did. Bringing up RVD's title reign in Impact was irrelevant to how WWE misused him. I'm seeing a pattern with your lack of logic in this. And last time I checked, WWE is a fan decided promotion. If you are over with the fans, they should use you. RVD was the most over ECW guy ever in WWE. To use the image excuse shows how arrogant and illogical you truly are.

You rely on this to make your points a lot. No, I don't think you have a valid point here. I think you're bringing up ridiculous examples like Chris Harris and now Kanyon, trying to pretend that Booker T got a raw deal from the WWE, and then repeat "but made-up big number obviously says I'm right, and I could provide examples, but......".

Yes, and you rely on deflections and name-calling to somehow try and act superior to those you don't agree with. Although Kanyon was a decent competitor, Harris was a bad example. Even though all of them are on the list of people not used by WWE. I think I've done a nice job of providing names here, so, what is the bullshit excuse now? Let me guess? More of the same. Name-calling, deflections? Grow up.

I've been asking you to for quite a while now. I listed eight world champions off the top of my head, you said you could list dozens. Still waiting. Now, you're just listing guys that were in the WWE at one time or another. I seem to forget whatever it was about Rhyno that said "push me!" Kanyon, well, there's that "Hugh Morris" moment I expected.

I said I COULD list dozens. And if you go back and OBJECTIVELY look @ the list of former WCW & ECW guys not given shots to succeed in WWE, you'll notice a pattern. When guys like Sting & Goldberg who are on the INSIDE are saying the same thing, I'd think they would know more than you about it. Guessing you think otherwise, right?

The one point you might have so far is Goldberg. Whom the WWE gave a world's championship to. (Forgot that reign, so we can say nine world champions now.) He had a reputation for injuring people, was incredibly expensive to hire, and at his cost wasn't worth his declining popularity at the time.

Goldberg is another example of someone who could've had dream matches with many in WWE. The injury excuse isn't valid, considering he worked with top guys like HHH and The Rock and NEVER INJURED THEM!. Declining popularity? Great deflection!!

You said you could provide dozens. You listed six names. One was a 45-year old man, whom you for some reason expect the WWE to invest in heavily. One wasn't even in the WWE. Two were world champions. One was an average midcarder who was used as an average midcarder, and then you mention fucking Kanyon.

I've provided much above that makes this reply point moot. No sense beating a dead horse. Which you are very much so doing. Obsess much?

I'm always convinced by a good argument. The problem is, your argument is shit, and relies on you repeating "but I'm obviously right". Somehow, that makes me the stubborn one. How about you come back with an argument that doesn't rely on stuff like "well, the guy was only world champion once", or "you obviously know I'm right, so I shouldn't have to make any kind of case for my point". If there are dozens of examples of guys the WWE didn't do right by, you should have no problem listing several convincing ones off the top of your head. When you mention Chris Harris and Kanyon to support your argument, you do it more harm than good.

I don't troll these forums looking for drama with people. If that's how you wanna spend your days, fine. Don't expect me to do the same. I'm just a knowledgeable wrestling fan who has been watching since 1995. While I don't claim to know everything[like you obviously do], I also refute any claims that my responses are "shit". That shows a whole new level of conceit and arrogance on your part to think you are the only wrestling fan with a relevant opinion. Guys like you are the reason I rarely post to begin with. I love wrestling/entertainment and interacting with other knowledgeable fans. What I HATE are self-righteous douches who somehow think they are the only people who have the ability to be right or relevant. I guess ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

I think you've moved on to the next phase of argument though, which is where you walk away without providing that huge list of names you repeatedly threaten but not provide, because "it's-obvious-you-won't-listen". I'm listening. You're giving me reasons to ridicule you. Try harder.

I actually gave a decent amount of ECW/WCW guys above. I think you were never intending on debating rationally and were trolling this topic looking for someone to argue with. There a big difference between debating and arguing. You've proven which you wanted to do. Ridicule is for those childish enough to do it. I'm giving you valid reasons why AJ Styles should NEVER go to WWE. Look at WWE history of using individuals established elsewhere. While they may have used particular individuals are various times, they never used them to full potentials and alot of people outright got cheated out of opportunities to leave better legacies because WWE would rather keep their own talents on top. Nothing wrong with that, but, it does NOTHING for AJ Styles. Looks like you got so into arguing with me that you didn't even stay on-topic enough to address that correlation. Nice.

I'm confused. Is this thread about AJ Styles or how wwe used wcw and ecw talent TEN YEARS AGO?

Now on to the actual subject of the thread....

Yes I think AJ should just go to wwe. Think about it, AJ most of the time is used as a midcarder at best in tna. That exactly what people fear would happen to him in wwe but its already taking place in tna. He would make more money for sure doing the same thing in wwe. What's wrong with being a solid midcarder in the best wrestling company in the world?

I was discussing this with someone a few days ago. This is what I concluded:

Styles in the WWE probably doesn't work out. I don't think his style would work well in the WWE. The company would water him down and he would almost certainly have to change the Styles Clash finisher that he uses.

Styles had something really awesome going with the Dixie Carter thing. its too bad that TNA went back to being TNA and ruined the entire angle by making Dixie and AJ some sort of intervention counselors.

Styles in the WWE probably doesn't work out. I don't think his style would work well in the WWE. The company would water him down and he would almost certainly have to change the Styles Clash finisher that he uses.

Styles had something really awesome going with the Dixie Carter thing. its too bad that TNA went back to being TNA and ruined the entire angle by making Dixie and AJ some sort of intervention counselors.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

This is precisely what I meant by saying Styles should never go to WWE. They would most likely water him down, give him some cheesy name, and have him jobbing to those alot less talented than he.

TNA had the opportunity to make Styles main event again with the whole Dixie Carter thing and now ruined it. I can honestly say I wouldn't mind TNA dropping the whole thing without another mention of it......

I am a huge AJ Styles fan and feel that they are really not using his talents properly in TNA. Back before the Hogan era of TNA, I felt were his best years with the company. Now I feel that he's been dropped down to being in midcard purgatory.

With that being said, in the WWE he will experience the same thing but I feel he would bring relevance to the U.S. Title or I.C. Title as the top Midcarder in the company. I wouldn't say he would be World/WWE champion until at least he's been paying his dues with the company for many years.

The other thing that would make it difficult would be the rope issue. WWE's ropes seem to be spaced much more differently and stiffer than TNA's to accomodate the larger wrestlers so some of his springboard moves may be difficult to pull off there. just like how Rey and Sin Cara had to change their style a bit to compensate.

Yeah, because that move totally wouldn't be allowed in the WWE since, you know, Michelle McCool never used it or anything..........

I already posted in this thread but I'll say it again in less words so that maybe it gets through: AJ Styles "not being used correctly" is such a ridiculous thought. He's not a "no name" from TNA. He has a loyal following as a wrestler at this point and is a commodity in the business. WWE may be a lot of things, but bad businessmen isn't one of them. As I said before, if Daniel Bryan (a name that nobody complains about anymore btw since it gets chanted more than any other at shows sans Punk) can come in hot, so too can Styles. Bryan had an indy following but Styles has that and more since he's already on TV. WWE isn't stupid. They know he's on TV and popular. If they got their hands on him, he'd most certainly get TV time. Why? Because doing so makes WWE money which is, you know, the point of the business.

I really don't understand this opinion either. Why does everyone seem to have a problem if TNA's ultimate good guy being portrayed as........a good guy? Is it so bad that a babyface helped out another human being? What did you want to happen exactly? Did you want there to be an affair so that Styles becomes hated? You knew there wouldn't be truth to it and there isn't. This was a fine way to get around it and while the segment itself fell flat, the story makes a pretty good amount of sense for once. I'll take a logical story over mindless swerves and plotholes any day of the week.

why? if he is happy with TNA, why go to wwe? it is unlikely he will be given a push like in tna and Styles AJson just sounds stupid as a name:wtf:

seriously, either he would have to prove himself all over again and or he would have to accept being repackaged. either way, he would gain nothing. might as well stay where he is and keep on winning titles.

Guys like AJ and Samoa Joe, don't care anymore, they have this easy job with TNA and get paid pretty good dam money. Why would they want to leave, other then proving to themselves they could be the best in the world. Its over AJ, doesn't want anything more then what he has in TNA. So he'll get his pushes and depushes, why give up a easy job for a harder job. If AJ wanted to aim for the stars he would of by now, same with any other wrestler in TNA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back