Sheamus & Sin Cara Fighting Backstage?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I remember reading this report yesterday morning and didn't really think much of it. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reported yesterday that there was a backstage altercation between Sheamus and Jorge Arias, who was going by Hunico and is now playing the Sin Cara character, that took place at the latest WWE TV tapings. The main page has a story stating that the fight did take place, but that it happened a few weeks back rather than at this week's television tapings. Both versions of the report, however, mention that Arias was definitely getting the better of Sheamus before the fight was broken up.

Sheamus himself took to Twitter last night and posted the following:

"Must be getting punchy. Don't remember being beaten up by Sin Cara backstage... It's just how Mexicans & we Irishmen hug it out fella ;)"

As a lot of the backstage goings on, I've no idea if it's legit or not. Sheamus' statement on Twitter could be interpreted as either as a tongue-in-cheek way of saying that it didn't happen at all or that he's simply trying to downplay it. My gut feeling goes more with the latter because if there was no fight between them, why not simply say so?

IF there was a legit altercation between them resulting in Sheamus coming out on the losing end of it, it wouldn't be the first time he's gotten into it with a much smaller guy and lost. Several years back, I remember reading a report saying that Sheamus had gotten into it with Yoshi Tatsu when they were roommates in FCW. This story came out shortly after Sheamus had suddenly been thrust into the WWE Championship scene and that WWE officials were concerned that it'd make Sheamus look bad.

Some wrestlers know how to legit fight, while others don't. Just because you're a big guy, it doesn't necessarily mean you know how to fight someone in real life. That's why guys like Batista and Goldberg can get their ass kicked by smaller guys because they LOOK big, but they don't know how to handle themselves in a real altercation.

Jerry Sags from the Nasty Boys was by no means a strong looking wrestler, but he put Ken Shamrock in the hospital.

Jerry Sags from the Nasty Boys was by no means a strong looking wrestler, but he put Ken Shamrock in the hospital.

He hit Shamrock from behind and then him and Knobbs pounded on him. You really think Sags would take out Shamrock in a straight up confrontation?? :lmao:

I think Orndorff got the better of Vader a lot of years ago, Booker T over Batista too, there's been so many over the years, and quite a lot of the time "David" has beaten "Goliath".

I'm inclined to think that it's fabrication. You'd imagine that if Sheamus did come out on the wrong side of an altercation backstage and then took straight to Twitter to save face, that's something which seems like it could lead to a certain amount of heat backstage; if not among higher ups, then certainly among 'the boys'. I might be wide of the mark, but I'd imagine that if I'd had my ass handed to me I'd probably be keeping my lips sealed and my Twitter account inactive over the matter.

Not trying to throw a wrench in but is it possible he downplayed it due to his anti bullying stuff and other charity works? I mean, it would be a little off to have someone who is a rolmodel to be getting into fights left and right.

I read this yesterday and didnt give it a second thought. But this is the second day now this has made news,and it has to be something more going on.. Sheamus while i highly doubt lost the rumored altercation i guess its possible he could have.. Sin Cara is quite muscular for someone his size..

Sheamus took to twitter tried to play it off,but if something happened then simply say so.. Just because your built like a house,doesnt necessarily mean you know how to fight.. Maybe Sin Cara knows some sort of MMA that sheamus doesn't.

I don't exactly know the science behind it but more often than not a smaller guy beats a big guy. Don't ask me to explain it because i can't, but look at alot of your locker room fights and you hear about big guys getting beat alot.

I do believe it was boxing's Teddy Atlas (a pretty tough dude) that said " a big man can hurt you, but a little man will kill you".

A lot of different ways to look at this.

If the fight actually happened, if Sheamus lost, I can picture Sheamus spinning things, and playing it off like nothing happened. He's the bigger, muscular guy, so if he loses a fist fight to Cara, Sheamus looks like a bitch. In Sheamus' eyes, he felt the need to protect his image, as this tough brawler.

Or there's a good chance we're looking at another bullshit report from the dirt sheets. Here's a recent tweet from Sheamus:

"and lastly dirty sheeters. I'm not HHH's "work-out buddy". Trained with Hunter 3 times. In 2009. In Australia... Now. Back to me day off."

I vividly remember all the "Sheamus only won the WWE Championship from Cena, because he's Triple H's buddy" whining on here after TLC. Sheamus coasting off of his relationship with Triple H for world titles and pushes is a widespread belief on the internet, and I have no reason to believe in Sheamus blatantly lying with the tweet above.

Although, like JH said, Sheamus tweet about Cara is really tongue-in-cheek. It's really fishy, because if the fight didn't happen, why didn't Sheamus come out and debunk the reports with a definitive tweet? It's strange.

Sheamus got his A$$ Kicked by Yoshi Tatsu a couple years back for being an annoying prick. I can see this as a repeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back