Sheamus Returning as a Heel?

OYDK

King Of The Ring
Last night's return vignette for Sheamus seemed to really highlight the more ruthless and aggressive side of him, instead of the happy go lucky Irishmen we've been accustomed to seeing for the past few years now. It had me wondering if WWE was going to go ahead and finally give Sheamus his much needed heel turn upon his return, and if they do, which direction do they send him in for Wrestlemania? Usually when WWE hypes up a superstars return, it's not for nothing. I doubt we see Sheamus return and than get put in a nonsense feud heading into Mania.

IF the WWE does decide to turn Sheamus heel and re-start his main event push, I kind of have a bad feeling that he may interfere at Fast Lane and screw Bryan, aligning himself with The Authority in the process. This of course would set up the previously rumored Sheamus/Bryan III match at Mania 31, which surprise, surprise was WWE's original plan for Bryan in the first place.

Now I understand I'm reaching here and all of this is purely hypothetical, but I think it has a chance of going down this way... I'm wondering how YOU see Sheamus making his return and what you see him doing in the lead-up to Wrestlemania.

That vignette reminded me just how much I like Sheamus. I haven't missed him one bit, but his signature moves are second to none and that makes I'm stand out to me more.

Bring him back as a face, rehabilitate him, have him feud with Rusev and then do the turn. He's be a great foil for Reigns eventually.

I loved Sheamus as a heel first off so I'm hoping for a return in that nature. I got sick of him as a face, not because I didn't like him but because I felt it was a little too corny. Too much like John Cena for my liking. But besides all that he has the potential in my opinion to be a monster heel. He's an awesome wrestler and can cut decent promos if not given the dreaded FELLA thing again.

My dream scenario would be for him to return as a face only to turn on someone garnering him major heat. A program with Cena wouldn't be bad, or Bryan. But since I think Wrestlemania plans are pretty much set until then I'm not sure I can see who they could match him up against. If the Ambrose/Barrett feud doesn't go past fast lane I can see a heel Sheamus going after Ambrose maybe?

My dream scenario would be for him to return as a face only to turn on someone garnering him major heat.

Yes, that's how I see it, too. For a long time before he left, he was as happy a fella as one could ever want, so why would he be so angry immediately upon returning? If the writers can come up with a good reason, they might start him off as a heel and keep him there, but I'd rather they didn't.

I believe he'll re-emerge as a face and turn in very short order. Hopefully, he's going to be an important figure in the upper echelons, not a guy eternally trying to win the US title. Also, I'm hopeful he won't be inserting himself in the Rollins-Bryan-Reigns picture for the purpose of messing things up for all of them. I want Sheamus to forge his own destiny, as he did when first showing up as a heel in WWE. We all know him, know what he's capable of; he doesn't need to align with (or oppose) the whole Authority storyline being conducted.

But first, I think we'll get to cheer for him when he gets back......although not for long.

IF the WWE does decide to turn Sheamus heel and re-start his main event push, I kind of have a bad feeling that he may interfere at Fast Lane and screw Bryan, aligning himself with The Authority in the process. This of course would set up the previously rumored Sheamus/Bryan III match at Mania 31, which surprise, surprise was WWE's original plan for Bryan in the first place.

Now I understand I'm reaching here and all of this is purely hypothetical, but I think it has a chance of going down this way... I'm wondering how YOU see Sheamus making his return and what you see him doing in the lead-up to Wrestlemania.

At this point screwing Bryan out of the match will only screw Roman out of fans.

If the plan is to have 1 on 1 main event at WM, Roman need to beat Bryan sweet and clean, no shenaningans, no Sheamus, nothing.

If the plan is indeed triple threat, then Bryan's foot should be on the ropes when referee count to 3, so next night on RAW, Bryan can be added into the mix because of it.

If you go with Sheamus screwing Bryan, it only will give fans another reason to hate on Reigns. Frankly Bryan should not be touched by Authority in any way until after WM, so his fans can cool down a little and give Roman a chance.

Sheamus should screw another guy at Fast Lane - Cena, so he can go and join Authority if needed because of it, Rusev still undefeated and Cena still looks strong. Obviously this will lead to Cena/Sheamus at Mania. And Rusev should win Andre Battle Royal.

First of all, Sheamus will undoubtedly be a heel if not instantly, then he will turn shortly after he comes back, which was stated in previous posts and finds me positive too. The reasons are mainly two in my mind:

1)He was too corny and one-sided as a face and never intrigued anyone, except that he is phenomenal in the ring being a guy with his size.
2)Now that they turned Ryback face (which I don't think was the plan if both Sheamus and Reigns hadn't been injured) the top mid card to low upper card is stacked with faces. Ziggler, Ambrose, Ryback and whoever I forget (maybe orton falls in the same category) are more than enough. That is, with the premise of no one turns heel.

Now, my personal preference would be for Sheamus be on his own, although I wouldn't mind him aligning with the Authority as the second main guy besides Rollins. I wouldn't have him feud with Bryan of course, but say, a Ryback. It would be a hard hitting slugfest at WM where both guys would otherwise struggle to find their spot and feel important. Who'd win the match is another question and doesn't matter in this argument. Then he can have fresh feuds with any of Reigns, Bryan, Cena or Ambrose. I'd love a mini-feud with a debuting Adrian Neville.

But yeah, heel it is.

At this point screwing Bryan out of the match will only screw Roman out of fans.

If the plan is to have 1 on 1 main event at WM, Roman need to beat Bryan sweet and clean, no shenaningans, no Sheamus, nothing.

To paraphrase the usual BS line I hear about Brock Lesnar and why so-and-so shouldn't headline WrestleMania against him, I don't see how Roman Reigns beating Daniel Bryan is believable. It's not a fist fight, it's a wrestling match, and there's no way I could suspend disbelief and buy that Roman Reigns can outwrestle and defeat Daniel Bryan in a WRESTLING match.

Sheamus lost his appeal for me a long time ago. I can't have never really been able to get into anything he's done. I think he's a great in ring talent, but just one of those guys that seemed to get lost in the shuffle.

Personally I haven't missed him, and don't care how he comes back and when. The person I miss the most is Randy Orton.

I hate the term "tweener", but I think that type of role could work for Sheamus. He could be just what he said in his vignette last night. A guy that loves to fight. Face/Heel doesn't matter. He will take on all comers.

Also, I agree with Navi on one thing. I can't wait for Orton to return.

Sheamus lost his appeal for me a long time ago. I can't have never really been able to get into anything he's done. I think he's a great in ring talent, but just one of those guys that seemed to get lost in the shuffle.

Personally I haven't missed him, and don't care how he comes back and when. The person I miss the most is Randy Orton.

Definitely agree with Navi on this one.

Sheamus has been floating around after he lost the world title to Big Show in 2012. The U.S title kept him somehow relevant, and the matches regardless of who he has faced have always been decent or better. I still think he is much more established than most on the roster and I believe management could make him relevant again if he is booked correctly.

But Randy Orton is the biggest absentee at the moment. As much as people think he is stale, the WWE just doesn't feel the same without him around. Really hope he comes back sooner rather than later.

I hate the term "tweener", but I think that type of role could work for Sheamus. He could be just what he said in his vignette last night. A guy that loves to fight. Face/Heel doesn't matter. He will take on all comers.

Also, I agree with Navi on one thing. I can't wait for Orton to return.

I hate the term tweener also, but for other reasons. I don't think this thing exists, not anymore I should say. A tweener, baring Orton, mostly is a face. Sometimes might be a heel. But his ''tweener'' manerisms are coming to show very rarely. Every guy is a face or a heel and maybe sometimes, MAYBE act both ways. In wrestling there should be distinctions between characters as to if they are good guys or bad guys in my opinion. And I don't think Sheamus is the right guy to have as a tweener. The 2 guys I see having success as face-tweeners right now is Orton (always has been) and Ambrose (cause of his crazy lunatic gimmick). Sheamus has to be a straight-up heel if he wants to consider himself being relevant ever again.

I HOPE SO.

I mean, I'd be cool with a face Sheamus that's mean and aggressive and beats the hell out of people, but I doubt they give us that.

But that is what he's good at! Being a hoss in the ring, who beats the hell out of people! He's quite good at it. His face character was one of THE corniest and worst gimmicks/characters of all time and really masked his in ring prowess for a lot of people IMO.

Given what we know about Sheamus being one of the HHH's guys, workout buddy, and all that.....if he comes back with The Authority, it could be so great. He REALLY IS a handpicked HHH guy.....and he REALLY IS a threat to beat the hell out of people. Get Sheamus and Cesaro in The Authority and get rid of Show and Kane who NOBODY cares about or takes seriously anymore.

Last night's return vignette for Sheamus seemed to really highlight the more ruthless and aggressive side of him, instead of the happy go lucky Irishmen we've been accustomed to seeing for the past few years now. It had me wondering if WWE was going to go ahead and finally give Sheamus his much needed heel turn upon his return, and if they do, which direction do they send him in for Wrestlemania? Usually when WWE hypes up a superstars return, it's not for nothing. I doubt we see Sheamus return and than get put in a nonsense feud heading into Mania.

It would be great if he returned as a heel. I always wanted to see him in The Authority. He could make a legit case of being The Muscle of The Authority. I can't seem to take Kane seriously. Bryan and Adam Rose are the only guys that makes Kane looks like a threat. Meanwhile you got Sheamus who legitimately ran through the WWE roster in 2012, imagine that with a new attitude this year is dangerous.

I for one hope that if HHH and the WWE is hellbent on keeping "The Authority" angle going past Mania that Sheamus replaces Big Show as one of their main henchman. Kane is stale but to be quite frank he can still perform. The casket match with Bryan proves this.

The Big Slow needs to be off television pronto. He is dragging anyone who they put in a program with him down and I truly believe his presence in the entire Reigns push is what made it all seem so stale. The dude can't move. He can't sell. He can't fucking do anything anymore. He's a fat piece of trash. He has tarnished any legacy he once had and will always go down as one of my least favorite people in Wrestling history. He's been TERRIBLE for almost 5 years.

I hope they don't use Sheamus in the Fast Lane match as some have suggested but maybe have him work Mania with Ziggler. A few TV matches with Rowan/Ryback to get him back over as a monster would work well too.

I can also see a "HHH Guy" type thing starting with Sheamus as it's pretty widely known Levesque and McMahon were enamored with Sheamus from day one.

Sheamus moveset and intensity screams heel. I can see him being a type of "i kick your head off no matter if you are face or heel".

Something like brock right now, he kicks asses without thinking of their alignment.

As a side note, sheamus stated several times that he likes to be face, and didnt enjoy his heel run as much.

Again, i think that the guy is great on the ring, but like you guys already said, too much corny with the good irish cena.

I'm a huge Sheamus fan. I really like his work in the ring. Indeed, he is one of the better wrestlers on the roster. His mic-work as a heel is very good too.

I'd bring him back as a heel, for sure. Maybe the first night as a face so to get a big pop. Indeed, then bring some ambiguity into his character before a full heel-turn. I'd suggest that he might return and interfere in the Ambrose/Barrett match at Fast Lane. A triple threat (or multi-man match of any sort) for the belt could work quite well. That, or he just returns the night after with Ambrose the champ and set that up for Mania which could definitely be very entertaining.

If they have no immediate plans for Sheamus then they may as well keep him face until after Mania. If is just going to be in a battle royal or whatever then it is no harm. Then turn him heel and have him feud with Reigns. He would be a great first opponent for him given there are few options. He would be able to get a great match out of him, too.

Definitely agree with Navi on this one.

Sheamus has been floating around after he lost the world title to Big Show in 2012. The U.S title kept him somehow relevant, and the matches regardless of who he has faced have always been decent or better. I still think he is much more established than most on the roster and I believe management could make him relevant again if he is booked correctly.

But Randy Orton is the biggest absentee at the moment. As much as people think he is stale, the WWE just doesn't feel the same without him around. Really hope he comes back sooner rather than later.

That is, until, you all decide that Orton is stale again, and want him to go away again.

Then you will boo him, he will go heel, you will then cheer his new attitude, thus turning him face, rinse and repeat.

The same with Sheamus. You will all get sick of him too eventually.

Such is the life of the fickle wrestling fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back