Shawn Michaels loses EC qualifying match...What now?

Over the years, we have seen many moments where one guy says something to another guy in a promo. We don't think alot of it, but by the time Mania comes around, when we get our pre match video segment promoting said match, we get that moment thrown back at us, as a reminder that "This is where it all started".

Last night, Triple H telling HBK to "find a new opponent" was that moment. Sure, we will PROBABLY see HBK continue to try to get what he wants till after the EC PPV, but once Undertaker is a lock for a match, and HBK KNOWS it, that's when all the seeds for HBK vs HHH will come into effect, just wait and see.

And on a side note, I for one do NOT want to see HBK vs Taker at Mania again. I mean, the match itself would be epic, but it's the outcome I'd fear. Either we lose the Undertakers streak, or HBK loses a 2nd year, making the whole thing pointless a month removed from this years Mania, when the match itself is past us in memory.

As much as I would love to see HBK Vs. HHH I honestly do not think that WWE will be willing to sacrifice DX just yet with the threat of Impact going live on Monday nights. I honestly believe the match at Wrestlemania will be HBK vs. Taker one way or another. I believe HBK will win the Money in the bank match and cash it in on Taker at Wrestlemania. The only down side to this is Taker will have already wrestled someone that evening most likely, so the match would not be nearly as long or good as the year before. No matter what happens it will be interesting for sure.

I honestly think they might do the HBK vs Undertaker again but why try and top a great match that they had either they will and people will be talking or they will not and people will be saying last years was much better, leave it alone.

HBK vs Triple HHH, been done so many times my god, same with Edge, I called the R.R. match, when CM Punk was doing his whole Jesus thing I said lets see Kali come out, then Triple HHH, once he got beat down said here comes Shawn, then Big Show said Mark Henry ect.

Most of the Main Event guys have faced each other so many times its getting boring.

Undertakers Streak is like a passing of the torch, give it to a guy they believe will make his career not someone like Shawn who is already known and multiple time champion etc.

You have Shamus, new guy not sure what shelf life he has being friends with Triple HHH only time will tell but he is new and fresh, up his in ring skills plus his look guy is a power house he might be good down the road and not to many people have faced him so at least its new matches to see not the same old handful of guys going around and round.

maybe Shawn will be the ref at Wrestle Mania against Vince vs Bret and screw vince lol, I don't know after reading about money in the bank totally forgot about that which gives a shot when ever they wish, yeah Shawn could win that and take out the undertaker like that which would make for an interesting ending like Edge did when he won a few times or CM punk did, right after the person had their match they came in and took the title from them.

lets see how this unfolds

I like the idea of Michaels pulling an Edge and beating up somebody who earns their way into the EC and taking their place, and ending up screwing over Taker, or taking his title completely and then having Streak vs. Title at WM. Either way, I think Michaels needs to make his way into the smackdown EC, whether it's by the unified tag champ loop hole to get into a qualifying match or by just doing what I said and stealing somebody else's spot right as the match is ready to start. I loved that move by Edge...so smart.

I am floored so many seem to want taker/hbk. Is this the best the family can come up with. They will NEVER be able to top last years match. hhh/hbk would bring much more juice. dx is already on a downward slide, keep it going. make it a real grudge match. When was it last year they were saying, "the last time dx joins forces". its a joke and the fans allow it.

Instead of the very probable theory that HBK is gonna screw 'Taker at EC to get the match at Mania, how about this concept (as HHH did say to Shawn at the Royal Rumle, the he will "find another way")...
HBK enters Money in the Bank Ladder match at 'Mania and wins. Then almost instantly cashes it in to challenge The Undertaker???

Ok this what I think will happen. Either hbk somehow gets into smackdowns ec match and cost taker the title. I think to batista or someone else because edge has already set something up with shemus. Then taker gets really pissed and then challengeshbk to a match....or shawn gets into the MITB match" wins and then challenges taker for the belt at mania the same night. But one off topic queston that I have... what the hell was batista on raw for last night vince could have chosen someone from raw...whatever.

Im thinking along the same lines as Avi01. While DX still hold the tag titles they can still show up on smackdown so i see HBK somehow entering the smackdown elimination chamber (or at least a qualifier and they may continue his 'losing streak')

on a side note (and a bit off topic) - was it just me or did HBK seem quite stiff/tired/injured on raw? he came out and dropped to his knees very stiffly. .if they keep up his workload he might not make wrestlemania

As I was watching RAW and interesting idea came to my head - what if HBK wins MITB at Mania and cashes in the same nite therefore having Taker already bruised up from the previous bout and also in prime position to end the win streak of his?

Interesting idea one might say, I have always thought why oh why doesn't someone just cash in the very same nite and with that make them selves in the main event of the companies biggest night. Having said this I must add that although it's a nice concept to go with i guess, I dont wanna see another HBK v Taker simply cuz I don't like remixes ;)
Stay with the original.

I think it's setting up for a HBK heel turn. He's extremely desperate right now and it's apparent that last night he wouldn't even listen to HHH. WWE wouldn't go through months of storyline and not have HBK/Taker at WM, it's going to happen. I think with HBK not being in the Raw elimination chamber, and Edge not doing anything at EC, I think HBK will challenge Edge for his guaranteed title match at EC. HBK loses, and out of pure frustration and desperation, he screws Taker out of his title in the Smackdown EC. Then out of rage, Taker accepts HBK's Wrestlemania challenge.

I just don't see Taker/HBK being the World Title match. Both of these guys are planning to take time off after Wrestlemania, so with their light schedule, I don't see a World Title on either of them post WM.

I think Shawn Michaels will probably face Kane at Elimination Chamber for the right to face Undertaker at WrestleMania or something like that. I don't know who else he would fight. I imagine that he has a chance to be in the Smackdown Elimintation chamber, but I think he will have a standard fight, lose it, and then cost Undertaker the elimination chamber if they go down that road, or he will lose it and blame Triple H if they go down that road.

I think it is a certainty that he will have a match at EC, it is just a matter of whether he will sneak into the Chamber like Edge or he will have a singles match. If it is the latter, I expect his opponent to be Kane.

I think HBK is going to want to save a match with HHH until his last Wrestlemania, so unless that is the case then I don't see them facing each other this year. I actually don't know where they're going with this but I think it is a very good storyline and I'm interested to see how it plays out.

If you ask me Shawn Michaels is on a verge of a breakdown. With his Rumble flip out and with his reaction tonight after the loss he seems to be getting very frustrated and upset. I think the final nail in his mental health coffin is going to be losing the tag titles next week. So in the course of 8 days he has lost his shot of main eventing against Taker for the world title and to accomplish the one thing he has never accomplished, lost another title shot and then loses his tag team championship gold.

Where i think he goes from there is HHH tries to console him after his loss, Shawn has none of it knocks his block off with the soothing sounds of some sweet chin music which leads to a Mania match between them

I totally Agree with you're comments, HBK's reaction (and the attention paid to them) after his Rumble Elimination was definitely showing his break down, and a HBK heel turn is almost Imminent in My eyes, it will be a fresh change also, as how many times have we seen HHH, stab Michaels in the back, plus I quite like heel HBK (His fued with Hogan was Epic)

They kind of went down this road last year when they made it seem like JBL held Shawn Michaels' future and he wasn't gonna make it to Wrestlemania; the only difference is you felt bad and sympathetic towards HBK last year. This year he seems more ruthless and I really sense some sort of heel turn due to the superkicks to HHH at both Royal Rumble and Survivor Series, and how he turned lunatic after he was eliminated. He's also giving the silent routine and looks like he's gonna explode in the backstage segments. He looks like he hasn't hit the gym in a while, he could use some cutting up before Wrestlemania. Last night I was really intrigued by his match because either guy could have won and during the match I was thinking, "how could either of these guys not be in the EC?" Either one of those guys could have walked out the winner and the loser would have been a shocker either way.

I think that on Smackdown this week, Kane will be on his way to an EC qualifying match with Ziggler already in the ring, and HBK will jump out of the crowd and superkick Kane on his way to the match. If HBK wins, he would spend all of the EC match working to eliminate Taker, and just leave the Chamber when Taker is out, and continue beating Taker up as he walks out. DX could remain champions so they can go on Smackdown. HBK could start the Smackdown show 3 weeks in a row. 1st week he challenges Taker to come out, Taker doesn't, and Shawn goes to locker room and beats him up. 2nd week HBK issues challenge again. Taker is hiding right inside doors, so when HBK heads to the locker room to beat up Taker, and he gets chokeslammed. The next week, Taker will give Shawn his match at Mania, if DX can beat Brothers of Destruction for the title. DX wins, and Teddy comes out and gives SES a match vs DX, SES wins, so DX lost the titles. HHH can win MITB, HBK beats Taker, and HHH cashes in to beat HBK in a grudge match at Mania.

Shawn isnt going to cost Undetaker the title. Undertaker is going to drop the title to Jericho (IMO) causing Edge to challenge him for the title at Wrestlemania. Ted and Randy will face each other at Wrestlemania. Ted is going to pin Randy at EC and Randy is going to attack Ted. (remember this is all IMO) Undertaker will get his rematch and THEN Shawn will screw him out of the title. It wont be an apperance on the ramp or the apron, he will run in the ring and fully attack the Deadman to ensure that they go at it at Wrestlemania. Shawn will keep on losing until after the EC PPV. He will begin to doubt his career and his ability and THEN he will spark a fire by attacking The Undertaker in his rematch against Jericho for the title.

I think HBK vs. HHH is most likely to happen and makes the most sense.

I don't think the office is ready to break up DX. They draw too much. They sell too much merchandise. They are way over with the Cena crowd. They compliment the guest hosts on RAW the best. They have Hornswaggle. Yet....they can't have two of the best workers in WWE wrestling in a TAG TEAM match on the biggest card of the year, especially when one of them historically puts on the best singles match on the whole card.

If HHH doesn't wrestle with Shawn, and doesn't wrestle against Shawn, what else is he going to do? He could only really work in a World Title match, and he would most certainly lose, otherwise DX would be done.

Shawn has options, none of them great. He can't wrestle Cena. They already wrestled 3 years ago, and that was the one match Shawn really didn't steal the show or get match of the year. If he wrestles Taker, he'll probably lose again, which would further this downward spiral thing and also break up DX. He can't wrestle for a World Title, as he'd be in the same predicament as HHH. What else does that leave?

But if HHH wrestles Shawn, they could potentially have the best match on the card on the biggest stage (they are two of the best workers). I'm sure it would be a thrill for the both of them. Shawn could have an awesome match win or lose and he'll get over this "frustrated" thing they're doing with him and it also solves the friendly rivalry with HBK superkicking HHH out of the rumble. They could shake hands and hug after the match and go back to being the Tag Champs and DX. Everybody wins.

I see a triple threat match between HHH, Taker, HBK for Mania coming.

HBK wants Taker. HBK is starting to get on HHH. If Taker drops the title to Jericho at NWO. They could combine both angles together to make both relavant. Plus it would be new and not a repeat of last year.

HBK gets Taker. HHH gets a some of the spotlight. We get the rematch from Mania 25 and HHH vs. HBK all in one match. Jericho and Edge still happens. Not sure where Sheamus would go, but I feel this is a strong match.

While I am personally against the idea of HBK/UT II at WM26, I really don't see how WWE could NOT go with that match given how much TV time has been given to it already. I also don't believe they would put Taker in any sort of a triple threat match, he WILL be in a one on one match for the streak and maybe a title, so I don't believe in any of this taker/edge/jericho or hbk/hhh/taker matches I have heard. I do believe it will be taker/hbk, HHH/sheamus, jericho/edge, cena/batista in your main events.

Now onto the question asked: How does WWE get to HBK/Taker II. I do agree with the masses that believe HBK will screw taker at EC. Either he will be disguised as a cameraman i.e. Edge's return at survivor series 2007 during the Batista/UT HIAC match or more then likely he will sneak in the chamber during one superstar's exit from the chamber after being eliminated.

It might seem like a lame response, but I have no idea what is going to happen. I'm not even trying to guess at this point. They have everything going the way they want it and I can't really fathom a guess at what they are planning. There has been speculation and so forth but I just don't think there is really any telling what they are going to do, more so how they are going to do it. I am just going to stay tuned, watch how everything unfolds, and try to enjoy it. I don't want to see Shawn Michaels losing all the time, I know that much. Especially if all this ultimately leads to a bigger loss at Wrestlemania. You would think a guy that they call "Mr. Wrestlemania" would win at the event more often. You would also think that since he is one of the all time greats he would have more success but apparently that is not the case.

My opinion on this is that We will see something that we have seen in the past with EC matches.

a midcarder who doesn't really belong in the match (R-Truth) is found KO'd back stage, and a replacement(HBK) Steps in, either causes for UT to lose his belt (eliminates him or causes it to occur) or wins the match, urging UT to cash in his rematch clause.

this gives a few options for HBK Vs UT II at Mania.

I'd like to see something like this as I would Love HBK as WHC, and then Edge goes on to face The WWE champion (different discussion so will say no more) at Mania.

What is HBK known for outside of being "Mr. Wrestlemania"?

Ladder matches.

HBK will get into the MITB Ladder Match at mania, win the match, and use the case either immediately to challenge Undertaker before his scheduled title match that night or after Undertaker's match.

It would be a great way to set up a long term feud between the two if HBK ends the streak by cashing in the case after UT has a grueling match with someone else and steals the title. HBK could turn heel as he cashes in and ends the streak, and the two could have a LONG program on Smackdown as a result.

I think HBK lost because they want to continue his story line towards getting his rematch with the undertaker. Remember last years elimination chamber when Edge came down and DESTOYED kofi before he could even get into the elimination chamber. now i wouldn't want to see a repeat of that but someone (my thought would be drew mccantire) could attack R-Truth before he gets in the chamber and then replace him with HBK. HBK wins, and then undertaker gets his rematch at wrestlemania. My reasoning for saying mccantire would be that he and R-Truth have already had there run ins and mccantire would be jealous that R-Truth has a shot at the world heavyweight championship. But, I'm off topic now. In conclusion, HBK losing is probably going to be result in him being on smackdown more often and will hopefully lead to HBK vs Undertaker at mania.

I'm still expecting HHH V.S HBK at mania Shawn will snap and cost DX the tag titles and no show during their rematch.finally he will cost HHH the title at EC accidently.Triple H will lose it and attack Shawn.thus setting up the mania match.

i just don't see Taker V.S HBK 2.I don't think WWE will repeat ita mania match 2 years in a row

What is HBK known for outside of being "Mr. Wrestlemania"?

Ladder matches.

HBK will get into the MITB Ladder Match at mania, win the match, and use the case either immediately to challenge Undertaker before his scheduled title match that night or after Undertaker's match.

It would be a great way to set up a long term feud between the two if HBK ends the streak by cashing in the case after UT has a grueling match with someone else and steals the title. HBK could turn heel as he cashes in and ends the streak, and the two could have a LONG program on Smackdown as a result.

This is exactly what I've been thinking. Shawn will win the MITB match. Undertaker introduced first for the WHC match. Shawn's music hits, and he just stands at the top of the ramp with the briefcase. Holds it up, and points at Taker. Taker waves him on, and the match is on. I don't see Shawn challenging after Taker's match. Shawn is out not necessarily to beat Taker, but to prove he can. so he will want him fresh, not worn out.

Of course this poses a few questions and assumptions. Taker retains at Elimination Chamber. Where does this leave the original challenger? He's still going to want a title match. No triple threat, because MITB is for a one on one match. Perhaps he gets a WHC match against the winner of hBK/Taker. Possible outcome, Shawn wins, then loses to second challenger, keeping the WHC on Smackdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back