Shawn Michaels loses EC qualifying match...What now?

RatedRSuperstar

Dark Match Winner
So Shawn Michaels loses his EC Qualifying match to Randy Orton on Raw tonight. To me, this was a real WTF moment. But, I THINK I know where they're going with this.

Shawn loses the Royal Rumble match last night, losing his opportunity at the Undertaker. Next night, Shawn loses his EC qualifying match. Here's what I think. The Undertaker defends the World Title in the EC match. Shawn Michaels still wants the Undertaker at WrestleMania. Well, Shawn finds a way in the Chamber during the World title match and costs the Undertaker the title, therefore, pissing the Undertaker off, and forcing the Deadman to change his mind, and decides to accept HBK's challenge for Undertaker/Michaels II.

What I want to know is what all of you think of this...idk..I'll call it the "Shawn Michaels losing streak". Do you think this will lead to something big and spectacular? Will Shawn give up and find another opponent for WrestleMania? Or will he screw the Undertaker out of the World title at EC, forcing the deadman to change his mind?

I am absolutly truly being honest this whole night when I was watching RAW I was thinking that Shawn Michaels is going to screw the Undertaker at Elimination chamber so knowing that someone agrees with me it's making me think it's a possibility. Or the other scenario was have HBK win the WWE title at Elimination chamber then have Undertaker lose his title. Then after the Undertaker has his rematch and loses and after Shawn Michaels defends his title and wins Shawn Michaels comes out and says Taker if you want another world title to your name come and face me at Mania. So it would be a streak vs title match. I can't think of any other scenarios except for Taker simply giving in and give Shawn Michaels his match at Mania.

Both Ted and Randy qualified and it is rumored that they are going face each other at Mania , so I am thinking Ted will pin Randy in the chamber and is the only reason why Randy qualified.

Now I have two reasons that I believe (besides the one I previously stated above) are why HBK never qualified for the Chamber, one, HBK lost the rumble , so they are trying to make it seem as if there is no hope left for HBK and two, seeing as how HBK vs Undertaker will happen at Mania, I can see HBK entering the chamber and super kicking Taker and costing him his world title to Y2J and having Edge select Y2J as his opponent for Mania but its just guessing as of now.

So, basically HBK lost to build the feud between Taker and himself , that is my best guess as of now.

One possibility could also be that Shawn puts himself into Smackdown's EC tourney qualifiers. As part of the Unified Tag Team title holders he has the right to be on both shows. So he gets into the EC, either screws 'Taker or wins the title. If he wins then then they can delay the rematch til Mania. I think this would have the biggest suprise factor.

i think its a pretty safe bet, with the events of tonight and last night that shawn is gonna get in the smackdown ec someway and screw taker whether it being in the match or coming out and somehow getting inside....jericho will win the belt and edge will challenge jericho at wm(dammit i wanted edge on raw)

If you ask me Shawn Michaels is on a verge of a breakdown. With his Rumble flip out and with his reaction tonight after the loss he seems to be getting very frustrated and upset. I think the final nail in his mental health coffin is going to be losing the tag titles next week. So in the course of 8 days he has lost his shot of main eventing against Taker for the world title and to accomplish the one thing he has never accomplished, lost another title shot and then loses his tag team championship gold.

Where i think he goes from there is HHH tries to console him after his loss, Shawn has none of it knocks his block off with the soothing sounds of some sweet chin music which leads to a Mania match between them

Hbk vs. edge at EC for edge's title shot. edge loses by jericho screwing him
Undertaker wins his EC match
Underaker's championship & streak vs hbk career at wrestlemaina
edge vs. jericho wrestlemaina
Yes this is way out in left field but like vince says "anything can happen in the wwe."

ummmm this goes against anything that happened tonight.....edge said hes gonna wait till after the EC to claim who hes gonna face....edge still isnt 100 percent to go a full match and there gonna likely keep him from wrestling till WM unless its in a tag match where he wouldnt have to work a full match........ its more than obvious that shawn is gonna screw taker causing him to drop the belt to jericho setting up edge vs jericho for the belt and taker vs shawn

shawns heel turn is also making it obvious hes gonna screw taker, hes gonna be the do whatever it takes to get what he wants...hence him scm refs and his darker promos with hhh

I personally think that Shawn's on course for a match with Triple H at WrestleMania. The seeds of dissension have been planted. Shawn superkicks Triple H at Survivor Series at the opening bell. Shawn SweetChinMusics Triple H out of the Royal Rumble. Shawn seems more focused on Undertaker than DX. Shawn loses against Randy Orton. Next week, DX will likely lose the tag titles.

Triple H is likely going to say something to piss off HBK. HBK reacts. And The Undertaker is a distant memory as Shawn Michaels becomes hell bent on venting his anger and hatred towards his "best friend."

I believe we also we'll see Triple H vs HBK at WrestleMania, and it's going to be billed as a grudge match. It's a better story for Shawn to be obsessed with the one thing he cannot have, and then turn on the one friend he has who is reminding him that he doesn't need to end Taker's streak to be "Mr. WrestleMania" so Shawn is going after Triple H. The build is going to be Triple H telling HBK he also failed to end Taker's streak, and he moved on to have better matches. Shawn needs to focus on having the best match with any body other than Taker. Shawn is going to turn on Triple H (like its Taker) he is seeing. Then at Mania it will be Trips & HBK. A lot of us have been wanting to see another match between those two. Especially after the HIAC encounter they had. It was extremely well done, and although Trips won. HBK came off looking like a World Champion. The Deadman is not going to change his mind, and I think that Shawn will fall further, and this gives people a reason to side with Trips because Shawn is only thinking of himself. So the build for that match would work really well. I see Shawn screwing himself out of the tag titles,further setting up the Trips angle.

I believe noone has mentioned this yet i believe with teh events that its also quite possible that shawn enters the smackdown EC match and wins the title denying undertaker his rematch and ultimately setting up a taker shawn 2 match but also thus adding possibly either a triple threat between edge shawn and taker or even a fatal four way with edge shawn taker and jericho

however it couldalso span out to be edge shawn and taker where jericho is pissed because he wont have a match at the biggest event of them all and screw edge out of winning by attacking edge being the baby hes been latly { off the record i love jerichos persona right now } thus creating a longer feud between edge and jericho for great matches throughout the summer

Am I the only one that thinks that HBK will be put into a storyline with Bret Hart? It's fairly obvious that Bret is in no condition to wrestle, and after tonight, what with Batista turning on Bret, I think it sets up a WM match of HBK w/Bret (manager) vs. Batista w/Vince (manager). Somewhat similar to the Donald Trump thing a few years ago.

I totally agree. with the dissension of DX i see it like this. Shawn has to find away to face taker and if he wasnt going to they wouldnt keep talking about it. THe thing with WWE is they normally dont like to sell an angle right away, unlike TNA. They will stretch something out for months almost half a year even like they are with Shawn/Taker. DX will lose the belts next week, giving shawn even more to pout about, so he will demand to be traded or they may hold a draft just prior to the PPV allowing Michaels to get to theEC or they keep the belts and since they can wrestle on either show he can use that as a loophole. Either way I see Shawn going to Smackdown because they dont have enough star power to fill a EC like Raw. I may also add i was somewhat surprised Big Show didnt make it, maybe leading to Show and Miz versus the Straightedgers for the titles or maybe show gets on SD EC. I think show should be in it though. THey will have Jericho, Batista, Taker, maybe Meysterio, maybe Kane maybe Show, maybe shawn. Then again, and i havent heard this too much, but who is to say Taker will have the belt? If he loses the belt the match is on for real. If they were to have shawn beat him guarantee it will not be for the title. His title reigns are dun. So thoughts?

what's next for Shawn?

Even many people are still thinking of Taker-Michaels II at WM26,i don't think it'll happen...
After seeing last week's Smackdown, the Royal Rumble and Raw this Monday, i have a feeling that Shawn will somehow get involved in Bret Hart-Mcmahon feud...especially the fact that Batista was in Mcmahon's side this Monday and Batista was the one who eliminated Michaels at the Rumble and they had a minor confrontation on Smackdown...

And just when Michaels was walking down the ramp,he kinda stared at Batista at the Rumble...I won't mind seeing a tag team match though at WM:

HBK & Bret Hart VS Vince & Batista

awwww man, skeelo already mentioned about this...my bad,wasn't reading your thread... (*_*)\/

hey,this is just my opinion so dont hate :)

Am I the only one that thinks that HBK will be put into a storyline with Bret Hart? It's fairly obvious that Bret is in no condition to wrestle, and after tonight, what with Batista turning on Bret, I think it sets up a WM match of HBK w/Bret (manager) vs. Batista w/Vince (manager). Somewhat similar to the Donald Trump thing a few years ago.

I like that to. or vince versus bret hands down.but i do agree that is a possibility but i dont know if their writers are that smart to think of that. I think maybe us fans should start booking matches. bet we could come up with way better story lines with better arcs. Like im glad Edge came back finally dang, but that was so Cena. Cena wasnt scheduled to be back at WM let alone RR yet he came back at the end and won it thus being #1 contender. New storylines please

Most likely, we see Shawn somehow costing Taker the title at the Elimination Chamber. While I think thats fine, I think that they could be more creative with this. Personally, I liked the idea of their rematch being for the title. Last year, in a great match, there was no title. The title would add a little something to this years match, plus, give them the ability to show it last, which it should have been last year. This match is the main event, it doesnt matter who is wrestling for the titles, just like last year.

My thought, have Shawn win MITB. Pit Taker in a match where he fights hard but it only lasts ten minutes or so. Name your opponent, it doesn't matter. Following the match, Shawn appears to cash in his briefcase leaving enough of Taker for a good 1/2 hour match or so. It won't happen, but I'm still waiting to see the case handed in on the same night. WWE could throw together another match at Backlash to place another case out there so someone has it to walk around with for the year.

Either way, I'm loving the storyline. They are teasing the hell out of it, which is good. I like how HBK is cracking at the seams, at odds with Hunter, and showing signs of a slightly more heel character. They are taking their time, and doing it right. I may be one of the few who is more than excited for this match. Does Shawn win? I think so. Taker doesn't care about the streak, I don't either. It means nothing. If he loses, at least next year his storyline going into Mania wouldn't have to be the same one it's been for the past 5 years.

I think Shawn will deff be in an EC qualifier match on Smackdown which he will win and be in Smackdowns EC match,from there I see two possible situations, Undertaker eliminates HBK but before he leaves the chamber he hits SCM on Taker allowing someone to eliminate Taker Jericho mabe,this would get Taker mad enough to accept the challenge...or HBK wins the EC match setting up Title vs Streak at Wrestlemania,either way I think HBK will leave HHH hung out to dry during their tag title match next week then wen HHH asks why he left HBK says all that matters now is Taker and Wrestlemania setting up the DX break up and possible fued down the road...

This leaves Edge which if the first situation happens Edge can challenge Jericho for the Title,but if the 2nd situation happens Edge can challenge the Raw champ which after EC I expect to be HHH setting up Edge vs HHH, which then probably leaves Jericho in the MITB match

Here's how it's going to happen. HBK will enter the Smackdown Elimination Chamber qualifyers and win that match. Next week, with his ticket punched to EC, he has no more need for the unified tag titles and then will Superkick HHH signifying the heel turn after DX has lost the tag titles to SES. Next comes the EC, HBK superkicks Taker a couple times knocking him out and eliminating Taker leaving just HBK and Jericho. HBK doesn't want the title, he wants Taker so he lays down and lets Jericho win. Next SD, Taker is about to reclaim the gold, but HBK screws him again. Undertaker, now really mad, gives in and gives Shawn what he wants at Mania. This establishes all possible quota and gives everyone the Mania matches they want. Hbk vs Taker, and Jericho vs Edge

This is probably less than likely to happen but i was thinking earlier right after Shawn lost his EC qualifying match that it would be cool if they put him in the 'money in the bank match', had him win it and then cash it in that very night at Wrestlemania to face Undertaker. Not gonna happen, but i'd love to at least see somebody cash in 'money in the bank' the very night they won it.

Yeah im thinking Triple H vs Shawn at Wrestlemania would be better anyway. I'm just not sure if Shawn and Taker could be able to top themselves from last year. That was one great match. I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE was just trying to trick us this whole time into thinking HBK and Taker was the plan for Wrestlemania only to have it just be a setup for the HBK/HHH feud.

But then i don't know where that would leave Taker for Wrestlemania? Maybe they'll somehow turn it into a Triple Threat match between Taker, HBK and Triple H? WWE seems to love Triple Threats at Wrestlemania. Off the top of my head i can remember triple threat world or wwe title matches at 3 of the last 4 Wrestlemanias.

I

As soon as I read "Triple Threat" it all started to make sense. What's one way to have the Undertaker technically lose at Wrestlemania, yet not actually be pinned or forced to submit? HBK beating Triple H or vice versa... Ugh, Taker/HBK II is the worst idea ever. SO... to answer the thread, Shawn Michaels should do nothing but step out of the spotlight and get younger stars over. And what better way to do that than beat "Mr. Wrestlemania" at Wrestlemania?

IT'S OVER EVERYONE - To me, any hopes of Cena/Taker & HBK/HHH for Mania this year is dead. After seeing on raw the graphic of Orton/HBK I started by yelling NOOOOOO!!! cause I new who was gonna win & what it would lead to. After watching that match end I got pissed as hell & turned off the TV & didn't bother to watch anymore. I did manage to to turn back just to see what goes down in the Bret/Vince Saga in the end. I told myself that if I saw anything that would lead to the rumored Mania card they stated to us which includes especially HBK/Taker 2 I would be so done with the WWE & not watch anymore & forget Mania. I even just said goodbye to another forum I'm a part of. Thats upset I am.

Even the Nashville fans on RAW turned there backs on the Cena/Taker. We most likely know now that Bret/Vince will likely pick reps. Batista looks to be on Vinces side & you heard the fans they want Cena & Bret will get Cena to rep him. Be surprised if Austin comes back & referees that match.

Of DX will lose the Tag Titles but if it's because of Shawn its not gonna matter to HHH now because hes in the Chamber Title Match. I agree with all the others that most likely now Shawn somehow will cost Taker the title in the Chamber Match & then Taker accepts the challenge.

Hey & check it out Mania might be coming early in the Chamber Match. You got Sheamus/HHH & Orton/Dibiase in the same Match. Could be getting a very lame wasted double feature if they happen at Mania too.

Man will this be fun to watch play out.In my mind there are about 5 ways this could play out.1.A Taker/HBK confrontation at EC which has been brought up many times. 2.Kane vs. HBK at EC,remember what happened with Kane and HBK during that backstage segment,maybe that could lead to HBK beating the hell out of Kane forcing Taker to accept the challenge(far fetched i know but hey,so was Sheamus winning)3.HBK vs. HHH at Mania which has been said many times.4.DX vs. Brothers of Destruction for the tag titles.For this impossible thing to happen we'd need Batista to win the Chamber and the Batista/Vince Cena/Bret match can play out for the World Title and we get Edge vs. Sheamus. and lastly 5.HBK runs out of options and puts his soul or career on the line against takers streak.Now then,feel free to bash me :wacko:

Shawn should be in MITB or do something else. If you heard Edge it sounded like he was done with the Jericho crap. Why do u think they had Sheamus attack Edge if it didn't lead to anything. To me Edge will pick the WWE title not the world at mania. Edge v. Sheamus. Shawn will probably be thrown in as the ref on whatever the Hart-McMahon thing is @ it.

Another way HBK could get Taker is by getting into the smackdown EC win the title there and taker rematch at WM its a bit farfetched i know but there again Edge pulled it off last yr at the expense of John Cena

like a few others on here my prediction is hbk versus hhh i think every week on raw the tension will build beetween them until shawn snaps around no way out and turns on hhh leading to a match at mania.

also this may be my guess at whats going to happen but its also what i hope will happen it would be cool to see shawn as the heel who turns on triple h instead of it been the other way round and i dont actually want hbk vs undertaker to happen even though it was a brilliant match last year it would be a fair bet that hbk would be breaking the streak this year and i think that would be a real shame anyway i think hbk and hhh would be ace match

I personally think that Shawn's on course for a match with Triple H at WrestleMania. The seeds of dissension have been planted. Shawn superkicks Triple H at Survivor Series at the opening bell. Shawn SweetChinMusics Triple H out of the Royal Rumble. Shawn seems more focused on Undertaker than DX. Shawn loses against Randy Orton. Next week, DX will likely lose the tag titles.

Triple H is likely going to say something to piss off HBK. HBK reacts. And The Undertaker is a distant memory as Shawn Michaels becomes hell bent on venting his anger and hatred towards his "best friend."

This would be great i have been waiting for this feud for some time now with hbk a heel and hhh a face, and i think it would be a classic match at wrestlemania, and make a triple threat match edge, taker, and y2j. lets not forget, hbk could also go after batista since he took him out of the rumble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back