Sharing Stories: Thrill Rides That Have Scared Your Pants Off Edition

SpoodBeest

City Dweller, Successful Fella
Now I am a big fan of rides and Amusement Parks, so just to see if there are any other ride fans out there who have shared the same feeling of just getting the ever loving piss scared of you from a ride, Whether the wait was making you feel like a nervous wreck or the ride itself made you scream for your life, these stories will be shared here inside The Cigar Lounge.

Now I am infamous for getting excited for a ride and then while I am in line anticipating to get on it, I end up getting all nervous while I wait. Mainly I feel that awkward feeling in the stomach while I wait. The following rides I have done this for are as follows. In Disney World I had that feeling while waiting to go on The Tower of Terror, The Rocking Roller Coaster, and I think even while waiting for Space Mountain. Again these rides did not scare me while I was on them but I was alway turn into wreck while waiting to get on.

Cedar Point has similar stories but not so much so. A few minor roller coasters I went on such as the Gemini, the Corkscrew, etc. I had the same gut feeling of nervousness only to be fine when i was on the actual rides. Then came The Raptor. I remember it was one of the longest lines I ever waited in and had the feeling the whole way through the line. Then I was on the ride and I remember just screaming my ass off while it shot around the track super fast. The car wasn't a normal coaster cart either it was one where you sit in it but you'r feet are left dangling. So after the intense three or so minutes of screaming and clutching the handle bars like mad, I go in the gift shop too see my video and all I can tell you was it was damn shameful.

Now have you ever had any experiences with Thrill rides such as this story I have shared and if so please feel free to share. Also the Top Thrill Dragster from Cedar Point is a ride that still intimidates me to this day.

I didn't ride my first Roller Coaster until I was in my 20's. The reason for that is because I practically scared myself from going on one.

I would keep thinking to myself that, I may fall off of it or that the belt may come off. My most fear is being up there and it breaks down and i'm hanging upside down.. lol

Until one day, i decided to face my fear and went to Canada's Wonderland. My first RollerCoaster ever was The Bat. It would go in circles but the in order to back to the start it would have to go backwards.

Well I decided to go on that and I remember feeling scared, nervous and anxious. I remember getting on and we waited at the end for 5 minutes and i asked my uncle are we were suppose to get off, and he turned to me and was like we have to go backwards LOL

I was just thinking OMG and next thing I know we are going background. It turned out ok but there are still a few that I wont go on.

I absolutely hate wooden roller coasters, but that doesn't answer your question.

This ride...

KingdaRender1.jpg

...nearly made me shit myself the first and only time I went on it.

I had never rode a roller coaster before, but when I went to Six Flags Adventure, I made a pledge to my then girlfriend at the time and my sister that I'd go on it.

I warmed up with a few 'easy' ones beforehand, but that one shoots you 120 miles per hour and then up 410 feet.

Needless to say, I'm not scared of them any more.

I love rollercoasters. I really do.

But to answer the question: it's the Hulk ride at Universal. It's one of my all time favorite rides. I was scared because I didn't know about the sudden take off. It goes so far up the hill in the tunnel (to where none of the viewers can see, so if you're in line you don't know they're getting sling shot) and then just bursts off. That scared the pants off me the first time I rode it. My hand was literally bleeding because my girlfriend clawed her nails into my hand. Guess she was scared too.

I am actually scared by rides that are more fright oriented, like where stuff jumps out at you, but I am deathly afraid of those crazy mouse rides. They make sharp turns where I always feel like it's going to fall off and I'll die, and they've actually gone off the tracks before near where I live. But rides like Kingda Ka and stuff like that don't scare me, I find them fun because of how extreme they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back