Semi-fantasy booking for getting Bryan over huge.

Semi-fantasy booking, do you agree?

• Yes, great plot, could be one of the greatest moments ever.

• I agree in the most part,some tweeks could be made, but the general outline is good.

• Pay-off is good, but this storyline needs many changes.

• No, Bryan doesn't qualify to break the streak, shouldn't be done.

Results are only viewable after voting.

BestWrestlingOpinions

Getting Noticed By Management
I've been reading all the stuff being said about Bryan's future and stuff and an idea came to my mind.

We see this angle right now with Punk and Bryan vs the Wyatts, with Bray claiming that "they devil made me do it". WWE creative team can have a lot of reason why they made him say it, but here is a good prospect we could have:

In some sort of manner, we would have this storyline go even further, until Wrestlemania. Somewhere around before the Elimination Chamber PPV, the Undertaker returns and he portrays himself and the "devil" who made Bray do all these things to Punk and Bryan (in order to stall this probably, they could have Punk and Bryan possibly out injured at, let's say Survivor Series,and them returning at the Royal Rumble). Then, Undertaker can cut a promo saying that he needs new competition for his streak at Wrestlemania and he ordered the Wyatts to attack Bryan to see if he is strong enough to go toe-to-toe with the Phenom. Cm Punk was just an obstacle in the way (somehow find a way to make this seem true) to get to Bryan and it seems that so far, Bryan hasn't been put down, making seem a legit competitor.

Then, Cm Punk comes out, and says that he came so close to beating the streak, and he is confident he will if they face off again (a la HHH / HBK). Bryan comes out and says that he actually appreciates the fact that he was put to the test for a chance to get the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. So, here comes the semi-fantasy booking:

There is a match set AT WRESTLEMANIA, between Punk and Bryan, Winner gets to face the Undertaker later on in the night / immediately following the match. The plan is for Bryan to come on top of Punk in a 30 minute+ match, possibly even an IronMan match. Afterwards, he goes on to face the Undertaker, all beat up from the match earlier, in a classic 1 fall match, where, if allowed, the Bryan picks up the win after another 25-30 minutes match by making Taker submit in the LaBell lock.

Just imagine how epic it would be for anyone to do that, much more if that someone is Daniel Bryan.

In the poll above, if you choose the option for a tweeked scenario that is along those lines, please take time to post it in the comments.

EDIT:
I don't know where that leaves the Wyatts, possibly, Bryan and Punk could team up to take them out before WM, or Undertaker just commands them to stop the attacks.

"Then, Undertaker can cut a promo saying that he needs new competition for his streak at Wrestlemania and he ordered the Wyatts to attack Bryan to see if he is strong enough to go toe-to-toe with the Phenom."

LMFAO. This is real fantasy's fantasy.

" Afterwards, he goes on to face the Undertaker, all beat up from the match earlier, in a classic 1 fall match, where, if allowed, the Bryan picks up the win after another 25-30 minutes match by making Taker submit in the LaBell lock."

Ironman matches and long matches to me are so misunderstood and overrated. There are very boring and often the first 15 minutes are very uneventful.

First of all IMO, Undertaker should be facing Cena at WM30, not some 5'8 guy who can suddenly beat the streak when HHH, HBK, Edge, Batista, Ric Flair couldn't do it.

I almost vomited reading this post.

But, my idea would be having Punk VS Bryan for the WWE championship at WM30.

I think its quite obvious how this storyline is gonna play out. Bryan and Punk will feud with the Wyatt's till TLC. Then Bryan he cuts a promo after TLC and announces that he will win the Rumble and beat Orton at Mania, HHH comes out and does something that forces him to go in #1 and then he goes onto win the Rumble and then the WWE title at Mania. They are gonna completely rip off what they did with Mysterio.

I could see a Triple Threat match between Bryan/Punk/Taker before I see Bryan go over that way. That way, Bryan could make Punk tap, get the "win" over Taker, but Taker still gets to keep the streak intact (he didn't win, that doesn't mean he lost). But I appreciate you trying to come up with an idea. That makes you better than a lot of the creative team!

LMFAO. This is real fantasy's fantasy.

Ironman matches and long matches to me are so misunderstood and overrated. There are very boring and often the first 15 minutes are very uneventful.

I almost vomited reading this post.

Do me a huge favor Otender, you don't have to do it right away. Get a pen and a piece of paper and take down every scholastic accolade you have to your merit and make a note of the date that you acheived them. Collegiate level transcripts, a grade point average beyond 3.0 and/or academically recognized articles you've had published. Get them all together and for every one of those accolades you have that are beyond a simple high school education, repeat one of those negative opinions regarding the merits of the OP. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to make a single fucking one, but at least then you might start to recognize that posting on this forum is doing more harm than good for your potential.

Now then, Daniel Bryan.

I see no problem with your idea and honestly it wouldn't phase me at all if it was actually used. However, hoping for this storyline to happen would be putting way too much faith in the WWE's ability to put the whims of the fans before their own egos. The Undertaker would absolutely NEVER check his ego long enough to be willing to submit to, or even lay down for, Daniel Bryan. Undie will retire with his streak unless he loses it to Sting, period.

What about Brock Lesnar? Undie is still bitter about having to lose to Brock multiple times back in the day and I should mention that Undie is intensly jealous of Brock's success in the UFC (trust me).

Now then, Daniel Bryan.

I see no problem with your idea and honestly it wouldn't phase me at all if it was actually used. However, hoping for this storyline to happen would be putting way too much faith in the WWE's ability to put the whims of the fans before their own egos. The Undertaker would absolutely NEVER check his ego long enough to be willing to submit to, or even lay down for, Daniel Bryan. Undie will retire with his streak unless he loses it to Sting, period.

What about Brock Lesnar? Undie is still bitter about having to lose to Brock multiple times back in the day and I should mention that Undie is intensly jealous of Brock's success in the UFC (trust me).

I can see that putting that much faith in Bryan and all is quite risky and I fully understand why they don't wanna go with that route, especially at Wrestlemania 30, where people need to see Lesnar/Sting/Cena take on Taker. With that aside though, this whole concept can be a really good story of a guy fighting to the end to succeed.

P.S.: We can also have Bryan not break the streak, but come really close to doing so, which in the end, will provide him with the same amount of respect (same happened to Punk this year too).

im sorry to b an ass but the op should have had one more opion in his poll. this idea is comptly retarted thats how i wanted to vote. taker should face and beat cena at wm.

IF WWE ever decided to ultimately end the streak then, in my opinion, having someone like Bryan be the one would be something of an ideal scenario. Unlike guys like Cena, Orton or Triple H, Bryan hasn't been someone that's been an ultra dominant force within WWE for a decade or longer and doesn't have a dozen World Championship runs to his credit. Bryan ending the streak would truly come off as a very memorable accomplishment because he hasn't already done everything else.

However, as of right now, Bryan's not the one who should end the streak, if the streak is to ever come to an end in the first place. Bryan's come a very long way over the course of the past 3 years or so. He went from being a guy from the indie circuit that many had written off before he ever even appeared in WWE to a generally paint by the numbers babyface US champ. He surprised everyone by winning the WHC MITB briefcase and successfully cashing in while becoming one of the most over heels on the roster. He spent the entire first half of 2012 wrestling as a World Champion or trying to become World Champion,. He then formed an unlikely, but highly successful tag team with Kane while bringing some relevance & interest back to the tag team titles for the next 8 months. Since embarking on his latest singles run, he's become the hottest babyface in wrestling, cleanly beat John Cena for the WWE Championship only to be screwed out of it a few minutes later. He won the title again, only to be screwed out of it a day later and consistently had Randy Orton beaten while only coming up short because of numerous examples of outside interference. However, he hasn't come far enough to end the streak, in my opinion. Bryan's extremely over and he's someone who can definitely be counted on to help put together a top quality match with Taker. Bryan would be able to help pick up the slack for Taker's weak points, pretty easily I'd imagine, while helping to present a competitive match that tells a great story. But right now, Bryan simply doesn't have that necessary level of star power. IF, IF, IF Bryan becomes a solidified top level player in 2014, if he continues to progress as he's done since he's been in WWE and has a very strong year, then MAYBE I could possibly entertain the notion of Bryan ending Taker's streak in 2015 if Taker is physically able & willing to continue the streak into WrestleMania XXXI.

I'd love for Bryan to end the streak, i'm by far his biggest fan, but quite honestly I don't know what they have planned for him and I don't know why they don't give him the title. Its not fair to not ever give him a legit reign. What's the point in booking him to lose only through interference and not letting him get pinned clean, if they didn't want him to be a star? he never gets pinned anymore. They have him be dominant in matches for the most part. So I just don't understand his booking. So they go back to having him play the role of building young guys up like the Wyatts, its as if he's a veteran that they rely on ala Jericho to give newer guys the rub but the thing is he never got a legit reign. Its not like Punk who was champion for awhile, and now since he's done that he can move on to put other guys over, Bryan never got to fully establish himself, so he shouldn't be in the Punk role yet..

While I am a big fan of Bryan and what he's done this year, do WWE really want their hottest babyface breaking the streak?

Bear with me here. We all know that the Undertaker's status is cemented as a face for the rest of his career. The guy could attack Punk and Bryan in the same night and would still be cheered by the crowd. He is beloved and respected by everyone in the wrestling world, even the most jaded smark loves him some Undertaker.

So, by that logic, it's safe to assume that whoever breaks the streak will get some heat, purely out of spite from fans who love Undertaker and didn't want the streak broken. The only guy that might get away with it is CM Punk. Maybe. Daniel Bryan is adored by the crowd, but he's only been at the level for half a year or so. Let's not forget that John Cena was once adored by the whole crowd, until he defeated a beloved and respected veteran in Kurt Angle, at which point the crowd flipped on him. Bar Undertaker and CM Punk, no one is completely immune from being turned on by the crowd while still a babyface. And that could happen to Daniel Bryan if he ended the streak as a face.

I think that the streak, if ended, should be ended by a heel. He shouldn't win by heel tactics, he needs to win clean. But whoever ends the streak will probably be booed by at least half of the crowd, so you may as well embrace it. Should heel Daniel Bryan end the streak? I don't know, I find Bryan to be better as a face. With that said, he's probably the only guy on the roster who 1) might pose a serious threat and 2) would actually be elevated by a win over the Undertaker. Cena, Lesnar and maybe Punk are the only other believable choices, but none of them need to break the streak, they're all as elevated as they're gonna get.

yeah but Vince doesn't want to elevate Bryan..He made a mistake by not giving him the title and he's moved on. Its quite sad but that's what he did.

I'm just not behind this because the payoff for Bryan realistically should be a World title match and win. The Undertaker just isn't on that road, and would leave things unresolved with Orton, Triple H, and Michaels. To me, it makes no sense.

Not a fan for numerous reasons:

1) Bryan just isn't the right guy to beat Taker, he's just not. WWE currently doesn't have the right guy to beat him so might as well put Taker with Lesnar or Cena and make some dough off of it.

2) It involves 25% or more of Wrestlemania being dedicated to Daniel Bryan. I like Bryan and all but that is mad overkill for such a big show.

3) The Undertaker you describe is essentially Ministry of Darkness Undertaker, which would require somewhat an overhaul of his character which would be fine but Taker at this point in his career can't pull off heel. Once a wrestler reaches a certain status they can't turn heel, no matter how much they try. Undertaker is past the heel stage and he's now just a legend that people will mark out for.

Here's the thing, I think they kind of blew it already in regards to Daniel Bryan exploding and because of the damage done to him over the last 3-4 months he's past the point where he can be the guy who carries the company, whether its Bryans fault or Creative's fault or both is up for debate but things just didn't work out as hoped with him nonetheless. Beating Taker is the holy grail of wrestling at this point, bigger than the title, bigger than any other accomplishment that one can achieve in the WWE. Beating Undertaker at Wrestlemania is the WWE equivalent of catching a unicorn and you don't want to waste that on someone that you are unsure about when it comes to drawing power. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if Taker loses at WM it has to be to the next big name in wrestling, anything less would be a travesty and overall a waste of time. Unless WWE comes across that next big name and can build them up to a point they need to in order to make his Mania match with Taker a true passing of the torch like scenario then there's no point. It's either a Hogan/Andre scenario or nothing.

why would anything be Bryan's fault? what did Bryan do wrong? In my opinion, the writing did him absolutely no favors, he was doing what he was told and continued to get pops everywhere, so what did Bryan do wrong exactly? And why should anything be blamed on him?

Im usually pretty mean on here but im not going to be this time, Im just going to say NO. I like DB too but man you are taking it to far. You want DB to wrestler for an hour and thirty minutes at wrestlemania? The guy isnt even close to the level where that would even make sense. Why would they give this story to DB instead of Cena or Punk? DB is the number 3 guy at best, hes very small, not a great talker, and he just isnt a BIG Star. HHH was kinda right when he called DB a B+ player. The DB Orton feud was one of the worst feuds I have seen in years, and I know you cant completely blame DB but you cant completely let him off the hook either

The best thing for DB would be to wrestle HHH at WM30 and he should take it as an honor. I think too many wrestling fans on this forum forget that wrestlers were or are HUGE wrestling fans. Everybody doesnt need to be THE MAN, they are already living their dreams. Just think about it, if you got a contract in the WWE would you complain every two seconds about not being in the main event? I know I wouldnt. I would job to Great Khali in a 1 minute squash match just to get the chance to be on the WrestleMania card. I remember WM28 where everybody was mad at what happened to DB, saying he got treated wrong and stuff like that. You have to try to look at things from his perspective. While everybody on here was pissed, DB was probably loving it. Not only was that his first mania on the main card, but the crowd was screaming YES, he was opening the show, and he was the world champion. It doesn't get any better than that.

Actually you have it all wrong..Bryan has stated that he was very unhappy he didn't get to wrestle and steal the show that night. He also said that he doesn't like the current booking right now and that the fans should be heard their opinions of it to let WWE know how they can improve it. I still don't understand how you can take organically made momentum that he garnered naturally like that, and them not take full advantage of it and let him wear the strap for awhile. I just don't get it, they sabotaged it in favor of a storyline that isn't selling at all. Nobody cares about the Authority angle, and it just sucks how they wasted Bryan for nothing. He's not even on the WM30 promotional poster, what a slap in the face to him!

Actually you have it all wrong..Bryan has stated that he was very unhappy he didn't get to wrestle and steal the show that night. He also said that he doesn't like the current booking right now and that the fans should be heard their opinions of it to let WWE know how they can improve it. I still don't understand how you can take organically made momentum that he garnered naturally like that, and them not take full advantage of it and let him wear the strap for awhile. I just don't get it, they sabotaged it in favor of a storyline that isn't selling at all. Nobody cares about the Authority angle, and it just sucks how they wasted Bryan for nothing. He's not even on the WM30 promotional poster, what a slap in the face to him!
When did he say that he was unhappy? was it the day after WM28? weeks later? months later? yesterday? The point is that over time your perspective on things will change and can be influenced by other events. My point is that I refuse to believe that a man that has worked his entire life to wrestle at wrestlemania would be unhappy when he finally does even if it was a squash match. DB may look back on it now because of how big he has gotten and be disappointed that he didn't actually have a match but when it happened I bet he was like a kid in a candy store.

How is not being on a poster a slap in the face? What has DB done to deserve all these honors that people want him to have? DB isnt a draw, and that has been proven, he is undersized, not a great talker, NEVER had the best match on a PPV (without Punk)...NEVER. His summerslam title win was even overshadowed by Brock and Punk's classic. He has had two very forgettable WM matches. SO again...what has he done?

excuse me, but did you just say Bryan isn't a draw? are you basing that upon ppv numbers only? Because how many ppvs can you afford to buy? better yet, how many people actually buy them to begin with? Out of the millions of people that watch Raw and Smackdown weekly, have you noticed that only 200,000 people or less buy the ppvs on a monthly basis? Thats a very small percentage of people, and they aren't buying ppvs because 1) they're way too expensive even for B shows, 2) its like watching Raw, and 3) the endings always end up disappointing you.
So how is DB not a draw? I don't know if you notice, but when I'm watching Raw at home and from the reports I read on house shows, the guy has fans screaming his name all night every single night, and have you seen the Yes signs throughout the arenas? There sure are a lot of them, and don't tell me that the chant is more over than him because that's a crock of crap!
Have you seen the YES YES YES tee shirts throughout the crowds or the Respect the Beard shirts? How about the signs with his bearded likeness drawn on them? how about the rally towels people hold up in honor of him?
So you're clearly just basing his drawing ability on PPV revenue and that's also a crock of crap because I bet you don't even buy ppvs nor does the rest of the IWC. So how can you judge a guy based upon that when you don't buy them yourself and most other people dont. Why do you think they have other revenue streams now, and merch sales and live attendance actually gives them most of their business, and in that regard, DB is doing the company just fine..
So please, continue, enlighten me, how has DB proven he's not a draw? Because clearly lately Orton (who's segments lose viewers consistently on TV) and CM Punk (who has never appealed to the casual fans or the kids) are way better proven draws than DB seeing as how they're on the same shows DB is on yet they bring the same level of buyrates and success that he brings, if we're only going by buyrates on PPVs which in 2013 means very little.
What has DB done? Was on NXT first season and was the only one in a storyline right off the bat in a feud with the Miz and Michael Cole, which nobody else got a storyline. He won the US title from the Miz..He eliminated half the Nexus roster by himself at Summerslam. He won the money in the bank ladder match surprisingly, then cashed in on Mark Henry and won the WHC.. Was one of the highest rated WHC champions of the modern era on Smackdown on a weekly basis. Got involved with Kane on Team Hell No and had hilarious comedy skits, and showed off his personality and added another layer to his character. They won the tag team titles and kept them for 245 days which makes them 5th best all time in WWE history. Then got a major push and stayed over regardless of the McMahons belittling him and making him feel inferior every step of the way. he is a true talent and he is a draw, he gets the biggest pops every night and he is a cash cow for merchandise.
So none of what you said holds any water when I've already proven you wrong several times. Ratings matter to the McMahons. And when you're in the highest rated segments of a low rated tv show every week, that means people are watching you and only you compared to the rest of the show, and when your merchandise is selling like crazy, that means they want you and that you're super popular. But no, clearly Bryan isn't a draw, right? because clearly its his fault that people don't have extra money for a monthly ppv with a shitty build. But every thing else they're buying for him.

excuse me, but did you just say Bryan isn't a draw? are you basing that upon ppv numbers only? Because how many ppvs can you afford to buy? better yet, how many people actually buy them to begin with? Out of the millions of people that watch Raw and Smackdown weekly, have you noticed that only 200,000 people or less buy the ppvs on a monthly basis? Thats a very small percentage of people, and they aren't buying ppvs because 1) they're way too expensive even for B shows, 2) its like watching Raw, and 3) the endings always end up disappointing you.
So how is DB not a draw? I don't know if you notice, but when I'm watching Raw at home and from the reports I read on house shows, the guy has fans screaming his name all night every single night, and have you seen the Yes signs throughout the arenas? There sure are a lot of them, and don't tell me that the chant is more over than him because that's a crock of crap!
Have you seen the YES YES YES tee shirts throughout the crowds or the Respect the Beard shirts? How about the signs with his bearded likeness drawn on them? how about the rally towels people hold up in honor of him?
So you're clearly just basing his drawing ability on PPV revenue and that's also a crock of crap because I bet you don't even buy ppvs nor does the rest of the IWC. So how can you judge a guy based upon that when you don't buy them yourself and most other people dont. Why do you think they have other revenue streams now, and merch sales and live attendance actually gives them most of their business, and in that regard, DB is doing the company just fine..
So please, continue, enlighten me, how has DB proven he's not a draw? Because clearly lately Orton (who's segments lose viewers consistently on TV) and CM Punk (who has never appealed to the casual fans or the kids) are way better proven draws than DB seeing as how they're on the same shows DB is on yet they bring the same level of buyrates and success that he brings, if we're only going by buyrates on PPVs which in 2013 means very little.
What has DB done? Was on NXT first season and was the only one in a storyline right off the bat in a feud with the Miz and Michael Cole, which nobody else got a storyline. He won the US title from the Miz..He eliminated half the Nexus roster by himself at Summerslam. He won the money in the bank ladder match surprisingly, then cashed in on Mark Henry and won the WHC.. Was one of the highest rated WHC champions of the modern era on Smackdown on a weekly basis. Got involved with Kane on Team Hell No and had hilarious comedy skits, and showed off his personality and added another layer to his character. They won the tag team titles and kept them for 245 days which makes them 5th best all time in WWE history. Then got a major push and stayed over regardless of the McMahons belittling him and making him feel inferior every step of the way. he is a true talent and he is a draw, he gets the biggest pops every night and he is a cash cow for merchandise.
So none of what you said holds any water when I've already proven you wrong several times. Ratings matter to the McMahons. And when you're in the highest rated segments of a low rated tv show every week, that means people are watching you and only you compared to the rest of the show, and when your merchandise is selling like crazy, that means they want you and that you're super popular. But no, clearly Bryan isn't a draw, right? because clearly its his fault that people don't have extra money for a monthly ppv with a shitty build. But every thing else they're buying for him.

O MAN that was one of the dumbest rants I have read in a while. You listed a US title win, holding the irrelevant tag titles, being popular on smackdown, and a feud on NXT as DOING SOMETHING FOR THE WWE. Where is his show stealing matches? Where is his wrestlemania moment? Where is his classic promo? Where is anything from DB that will be remembered 10-15 years from now?

A crowd reaction doesnt mean you are a draw. Zach Ryder would get huge pops but do you really think anyone would pay top dollar to see him wrestle?How many excuses are you going to make for the guy? People dont have money? umm I order almost every PPV and the ones that I dont order dont have anything to do with money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back