Season DVDs of TV Shows - The Best (and worst) thing to ever happen

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
I LOVE buying season DVDs of various seasons. You get to watch a whole episode, completely uninterrupted at any time that you want. You can see old shows, episodes no longer in circulation, and usually they are in the best possible quality. Getting to watch Season 1 of MASH in a single day is a joy I'm not sure can be matched by anything on this Earth.

With that being said, I would be a MUCH richer man if these had never been invented. I estimate I have probably have over $1000 invested in TV shows...and that's just within the last year and a half. I haven't even watched them all and still buy new. The worst is when they have a "Buy 2, get 1 free sale". I spend over $100 every time.

So, what are your feelings on Season TV show DVDs? Good? Bad? Don't watch them? Feel free to post any and all shows you have on DVD, and what seasons. Just NO SPAMMING! Don't just list, explain.

You and me both Sly, you and me both, and not only would I be far richer if I didn't buy all these, but I'd have loads more room for the rest of my DVDs, I'm a bit of a DVD junkie, in that I buy everything that looks good, I still have a shit load of DVDs that are still in the packaging that I have yet to watch

Other than the reason Sly has listed for why these are great, I like them simply cause I work late, so I usually don't get to see these shows when they air new episodes, so getting them on DVD just works out better for me, currently I've begun collecting 2 & 1/2 Men on DVD

I'm the same way. These are great because its getting harder and harder to find a show that isn't on dvd in some form. Hell Doug and Hey Arnold are on dvd now (Can't wait until Christmas for those). Shows like I Love Lucy and Gilligan's Island or the Flintstones, shows that I grew up watching that are a bit harder to find on tv now, I can buy every episode and watch them whenever I want. Its great. However, the price can drive you insane a bit, and Sly is dead on with the buy 2 get one free. Blessing and a curse easily.

I have Friends and 2 Pints of Lager as full sets. Because I became addicted to both at one point, and I felt the need to be able to watch them all whenever I wanted. I got Friends for Christmas a couple of years ago, and I spent weeks afterwards watching them. It was practically all I did. And whenever I see an episode of friends I haven't seen in a while on TV, I find the DVD out and watch all the episodes surrounding that. I'm not too sure why.

Usually it's films I buy though. I love the box sets because they look so nice and tidy. The same with books. I own all 7 Harry Potter books, but I want the gift set of all 7 in a pack.

I'm a DVD ****e. Obviously not as much as, say, Jake but more so than your average guy. For me, just like everyone else really, it's swings and roundabouts.

I'm the proud owner of complete Peep Show, Sopranos, Futurama and a lot more that I suddenly can't be bothered to list. I have Simpsons seasons two to nine (I refuse to buy the shit before and beyond that point). But yeah, I'd be much richer if I didn't have them, though I think they're worth every penny. Mostly.

What fucks me off is Family Guy. ******* Fox, being the ******* ***** that they are sell me about ten episodes for full price. And two episodes for twelve pounds. The *****. They can go cunt a cunt, *****.

On the flip side, American Dad always gives good value for money - i.e. a full fucking season for the price I pay, and not half, with the last two episodes sold as a movie.

I'm also guilty of buying full season's on DVDs. My problem through High School was that I had Drama practice alot during my last two years and also alot of homework and such. I just didn't have time to watch a certain show say on a Tuesday night, so I just buy the seasons and watch them after their released. I have bought House, Lost, Prison Break, and 24. It's great that you can watch shows that you are not able to watch when they first air, but it does drain the wallet.

This thread reminded me that I would like to get the Lost DVDs.

I'm not a big DVD person, I only have about 10 DVDs. I don't have any season DVDs, although as I said I don't really have any DVDs. I would like to get the Lost, Futurama and Arrested Development season DVDs. Probably more that I can't think of at the moment, but i'm not that fussed if I don't get them. But buying season DVDs doesn't really appeal to me. Firstly, they cost too much. If I really wanted them I could get them on the internet for free. So I don't really see the point of it, as I don't really care too much about the quality, unless its absolutely shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back