Scrapped Storylines: The Honk-A-Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGS123

Dark Match Jobber
This is a new thread series that I hope to frequently attend to. What I'll be doing is taking a thrown away storyline and see if you think that the story should’ve continued or if it has ran its course.

This week, The Honk-A-Meter. This can be argued on the fly if this one was really scraped or not. On account of Santino holding the IC title for 13 weeks and 1 day. However it seemed like WWE was really on the ball of keeping the title on Santino for the full 64 weeks.

This was also around the time we kept saying that the title was dead and didn’t mean anything anymore, but you couldn’t doubt the humor. It seemed like the day he lost the title it made you wonder “Gee, what was the point of the Honk-A-Meter if they only had it on him for 13 weeks?". So do you think WWE was right in calling it off or was their something epic that could’ve come out of this? Tell us.

Next time: Teddy Long, of new GM to RAW (...kind of...not really.)

Oh and as a treat, here's an example.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J3VpC_n7TVE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J3VpC_n7TVE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

They really should have kept this going. Santino was bringing a ton of humor to RAW, and making people care about the IC title again when previously, they didn't. I don't think Santino should have beaten Honky Tonk Man's record, but they should have at least held off the match between the two for a while, and then held off Santino dropping the title for as long as possible, maybe even one week before breaking the record.

So do you think WWE was right in calling it off or was their something epic that could’ve come out of this? Tell us.

I think that WWE made a terrible mistake by ending the Honk-a-Meter angle. That was their shot at giving Santino his biggest moment in his career, something he would have gone down in the history books for.... oh, right, breaking the record for shortest time in the Royal Rumble lol.... ok, something GOOD for him to make history by doing.

I looked forward to Santino's promos about the Honk-a-Meter every Raw. I wanted him to break that record. When they ended the angle it felt like a waste of time because unless they had let him beat the record it really didn't accomplish anything. Plus.... Regal's win started the long chain of short pointless IC title reigns we saw in 2009.

They should have kept it going all the way until he was very close to breaking the record, then on the last PPV before the record would be broken, THAT is when they should have brought back Honky Tonk Man for their match, had Santino go over, and have his big moment on the Raw he breaks the record at. That would have been a huge awesome moment for him and his fans, and he could bring it up in his comedy afterwards. I think it would have been awesome because the anticpiation would have kept growing until he finally made it and broke the record. Too bad WWE didn't keep that storyline going long enough.

that was the best storyline I could remember at that time, the glamarella thing was all humor, but the honk-a-meter was pure gold, and the reign wasn't short as I can remember though, but yes I think he should've atleast had it for about, 20 weeks, oh uhh a-twenty weeeeks.

I loved this storyline as we as Santino. He was the funniest thing in the WWE after King Booker left.

I was hoping they would keep this going for much longer than they did and even give Santino a forey into actual competitive matches.

Big Santino fan and loved the angle. The only problem was that Santino's character is taken seriously enough and is used more as comedic character. This could have been something in my opinion WWE could have done to make Santino a serious character but still have some classic Santino comedy with him. Also while doing something good with the IC title, and the lackluster midcard level on RAW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back