Samoa Joe Leaves TNA

Why the fuck would they care if he shows up? I never got this no-compete thing. Fucking Luger.

Sour grapes, control issues, not wanting to be upstaged, etc.

If you are so concerned with a guy making noise after he leaves & maybe bringing a few fans attention to another promotion- why not just use the guy better while he works for you? I can see if an appearance would ruin an ongoing storyline due to taped shows or something, but that never seems to be the reasoning behind these clauses.

TNA's issue I guess is that their more die-hard fans will start looking out for ROH, and the last thing TNA want is to be behind them as ROH are TNA's closest rivals right now.

Should also be said that Joe himself spoke to Meltzer as part of the Observer this week and said he has no plans to leave wrestling and he already has several offers open to him.

We'll obviously find out on March 1st if an ROH return is happening because Joe lives in California and the 13th Anniversary is in Vegas. Plus ROH seems to be into these surprises on their PPV's.

Not saying he's talking crap but Joe is always going to say he has offers even if he doesn't, otherwise(if he really doesnt have any offers) he gets stuck with a pissy deal because everybody knows there isnt a great deal of competition

The main reason that TNA may be looking to add the no-compete for right now is the fact that they have all of their TV in the can for the next five weeks, and they don't want Joe showing up on ROH PPV while he is still appearing as part of a prominent storyline on their television programming.

Not saying he's talking crap but Joe is always going to say he has offers even if he doesn't, otherwise(if he really doesnt have any offers) he gets stuck with a pissy deal because everybody knows there isnt a great deal of competition

Well Meltzer put it like this, he's probably going back to ROH. He's either going back there full-time or like AJ Styles will just do TV tapings, PPV's and some live events here and there, and then compensate the gaps with independent dates. But Meltzer is talking like that deal could for what we know already be done. PWG have probably already contacted him. There'll be interest in Japan too because NJPW bought part of Pro Wrestling NOAH and they're looking for guys to rebuild NOAH - New Japan bought a part of NOAH to help the wrestling business as a whole over there because NOAH's a mess. A guy like Joe could be great for NOAH and New Japan could pay for him. That or Joe could just work New Japan, only problem is NJPW's roster is already very big and they like having matches from other promotions on their shows too much. But Joe probably does already have a few offers thrown his way, granted I'd say some of those are from small indie promotions looking to get his first post-TNA appearance.

Well Meltzer put it like this, he's probably going back to ROH. He's either going back there full-time or like AJ Styles will just do TV tapings, PPV's and some live events here and there, and then compensate the gaps with independent dates. But Meltzer is talking like that deal could for what we know already be done. PWG have probably already contacted him. There'll be interest in Japan too because NJPW bought part of Pro Wrestling NOAH and they're looking for guys to rebuild NOAH - New Japan bought a part of NOAH to help the wrestling business as a whole over there because NOAH's a mess. A guy like Joe could be great for NOAH and New Japan could pay for him. That or Joe could just work New Japan, only problem is NJPW's roster is already very big and they like having matches from other promotions on their shows too much. But Joe probably does already have a few offers thrown his way, granted I'd say some of those are from small indie promotions looking to get his first post-TNA appearance.

Yeah I dont doubt that Joe has offers coming left and right but say it wasnt a big name they wouldnt let everyone know they had no offers unless they're a complete idiot

Joe Vs Ishii
Joe Vs Honma
Joe Vs Shibata
Joe Vs Makabe
Joe Vs Nakamura

that would be an amazing set of 5 matches if NJPW decided they want to go for Joe

Yeah this is basically the same list that I put on the first page for match hopefuls if he was to sign with NJPW. Nakamura may be too optimistic to expect right away though. Goto would be another great choice.

Hell so would Suzuki; and Nagata; and Ibushi; and Karl Anderson; and AJ/Joe under the New Japan banner would be awesome; and Tanahashi, because he can have a great match with anyone who is breathing(and probably most corpses too); and Okada playing off of their TNA history; and Morishima/Joe 2 would be spectacular now that NJPW has adopted NOAH; and speaking of NOAH, throw in Joe/Marufuji too(the Marufuji & KENTA vs. Joe & Bryan tag main event from ROH BITW '06 was awesome).

Now that I really think about it, just put Joe in the G1 this year. He would mesh well with 80% of the heavyweight roster, and the G1 would be perfect also because he could have a lot of 10-15 minute matches, instead of being expected to work 25 minute affairs.

I don't think motivation is an issue with Joe. He's managed to keep going in TNA for a long time in relative obscurity. Just think of how motivated he'll be when he has an actual focus. TNA could've done better with him, at least in having him be a upper mid-card enhancement talent a la Austin Aries now.

Hey, he could've carried the company from Hogan's departure until Lashley's ascension. He could've had more, so yeah, it's a shame.

HE'S BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!

And that hype video gives me a lot of encouragement that they're bringing Joe back to be an ass kicking machine, which is exactly what he should be! So many matches I want to see from him back in ROH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back