Ryback VS The Miz for the Intercontinental Championship.... Interested?

I was pumped to see Book bring out Ryback. He's finally being fed something other than squash talent! I hope to see Ryback as the IC champ by the end of the year.

You'll see it. It's obvious WWE has plans for this guy, even though they've kept him in essentially one spot for too long. I thought they were never going to get over "challenging" him with two wimpy guys. Then, they carried on his involvement with Jinder Mahal two matches too long. Were we actually supposed to think of Jinder as a threat? That they even let him knock Ryback off his feet a few times was surprising.

Okay, so it became time to boost Ryback to the mid-card......and they seem to have chosen Miz as the guy to oppose him. I think it's a good move because they're surely going to let Miz get in a lot of offense. He doesn't have to match strength with Ryback; he can accomplish his mission through devious tactics, for which Miz is amply capable. In fact, Ryback could even suffer his first loss in this series of matches, although no one should expect to see a clean pin by Miz. More like a disqualification loss, with Miz pissing off the combustible Ryback and causing him to get DQ'ed.

The IC championship? Sure, but I have doubts about whether Ryback will ever wear a world title around his waist. That wild-eyed look of his, along with his grunted speech patterns and almost inhuman countenance make him the type who's always a threat to win a world title......but never quite get there. Maybe I'm wrong, but the last "monster" character I can remember being a world champion was Yokozuna and, when you think of it, that wasn't a long-standing gimmick either.

I think Miz is a good choice for Ryback. Mizanin has enough credibility to make a win over him seem important, yet it's safe to say Miz won't be coming out on top in this feud.

I see ryback vs miz at HIAC but i dont see ryback being an ic title, i think miz will get a cheap count out loss or so, i dont see miz ending rybacks streak but i dont see ryback with the title either

So Ryback fought the Miz last night on Raw. What was the point? Is that the end of this little rivalry? Ryback proved he could beat Miz, but I guess it was a non-title match. I dunno, because I skipped through some of it on my DVR. I didn't see the introduction, or anything like that. Was the IC Title ever mentioned by JR or Cole? Since Ryback defeated Miz last night is he now the #1 contender for the Intercontinental Title?

Since we already saw this (non-title) match last night, I'm not as excited for the actual title match (when or if it actually happens). I'm sure a sanctioned match for the strap would be extremely similar, and I actually found it to be a bit boring. The match was almost exactly how I imagined it to be (move-for-move, pretty much), and I'm not excited to see a rematch...even if it is for the belt.

Why, oh why did the WWE decide to put that match on last night? They could have just as easily showcased Ryback in a different way - in a possible #1 contender match for the Intercontinental Title. I think I mentioned this in my earlier post in this thread (can't remember, and too lazy to check), but I think they should have had a battle royal - or at least some type of mini-tournament (maybe "beat the clock"?) or something that Ryback could have eventually won. IMO something like that would have built more suspense to the inevitable Miz/Ryback match, and made the audience more eager to see Ryback finally pin the Miz. I think it was handled poorly, and whoever decided to put that match on Raw should have their head examined.

So Ryback fought the Miz last night on Raw. What was the point?

I think the point may have been a build towards the end of the show with Punk.

If Ryback beats the intercontinental champ, then that sets him a slot above the champ, even if he doesnt have the title. Weve seen it from the very start with the guys watching his matches on the monitors. Now we see ryback run through someone 'legit' it makes it a little more believable that CM Punk would be a little taken aback or hesitant in the face of a man that runs through the Intercontinental title.

As I said in the other thread though Ryback is most likely a worst-case-scenario if Cena is damaged for HIAC. Otherwise theres no reason this program with the miz cant continue. Miz is a standard cocky heel, and he was just made a joke of. What better reason to want a rematch against Ryback, to try outsmart him or weasel out of another beating. I see no problems here.

And nobody should worry about making the miz look weak, especially after winning a fatal 4way blindfolded. What this accomplished was making Ryback look strong.

I know my sig and avatar may make me seem biased, but thats not how i'm trying to approach any of this. Whats good for the goose doesnt fall far from the tree.

I think the point may have been a build towards the end of the show with Punk.

If Ryback beats the intercontinental champ, then that sets him a slot above the champ, even if he doesnt have the title. Weve seen it from the very start with the guys watching his matches on the monitors. Now we see ryback run through someone 'legit' it makes it a little more believable that CM Punk would be a little taken aback or hesitant in the face of a man that runs through the Intercontinental title.

As I said in the other thread though Ryback is most likely a worst-case-scenario if Cena is damaged for HIAC. Otherwise theres no reason this program with the miz cant continue. Miz is a standard cocky heel, and he was just made a joke of. What better reason to want a rematch against Ryback, to try outsmart him or weasel out of another beating. I see no problems here.

And nobody should worry about making the miz look weak, especially after winning a fatal 4way blindfolded. What this accomplished was making Ryback look strong.

I know my sig and avatar may make me seem biased, but thats not how i'm trying to approach any of this. Whats good for the goose doesnt fall far from the tree.

Yeah that was the point, and I get it. I just wish they'd used someone other than the IC champion to establish Ryback last night. In my eyes, as much as it helped Ryback, it hurt the actual IC championship.

Ryback came in, crushed the Miz, pinned him clean in the center of the ring, and... nothing. No indication whatsoever that he had the slightest bit of interest in the Intercontinental championship. I simply hate when the WWE does this. Have their champions lose clean, and have the wrestlers beating those champions not even care that they just beat a champion. It's one of the little things that's helped devalue their championships.

Sadly, I think Ryback would be the perfect guy to really put the IC title over again. With the push he's getting, putting the title on him with a dominant win, and then having him come out every week to fight like he is right now, but having him DEFEND the IC title every week would be huge for the championship. They're building Ryback to be one of their top guys... and putting that title on him during his rise to the top just helps everyone.

I get why they're moving to Ryback/Punk. With Cena being hurt, they need someone for Punk to work with the next month or so, and it's an intriguing program. The thing with it is... you don't want Ryback looking weak at all, and you can't have Ryback beating Punk right now either, so it's going to be tough to pull off properly.

I think building off of his non-title IC win is better. Have Miz dodge him for a bit, before they finally get in the ring and Ryback scores the dominant win. Then use him as the fighting champion who goes through the entire roster until it is the right time to have him go against the WWE champ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back