• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RVD in TNA

Yes Or No??

• RVD YES

• RVD NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised since WWE like to trademark everything, I like how The Warrior isn't backing down to them and legally changed his name to prevent them using his name without consent, hopefully RVD won't have to do the same and Vince McMahon will be gentlemanly enough to relax his trademarking but I doubt it, though one thing confuses me - how can former WCW and ECW stars still use their old names at TNA if WWE bought both companies out?

Some, like Shane Douglas and Chris Jericho, actually own the rights to their name. For the rest, WCW and ECW just didn't bother to trademark names like WWE has.

Just because guys have worked for a company doesn't necessarily mean the company owns their name.

The business of WWE trademarking wrestlers names who work for them is very dirty and disrespectful IMO. Trademarking is a very costl and time consuming ordeal which most wrestlers don't have the time or money to do. It's horrible that Vice trademarked "The Dudley Boys" right before they left. In mnay cases these guy's names is their livlihood.

Apparently R.V.D's wife was chanting T.N.A wich I think is awesome. If R.V.D. decides to not renew his WWE contract his promos would be worth every penny T.N.A. paid him. I dont think for a second he would hold back at all, he come's across as being very vocal of his oppinions.

I know. Fuck can you imagine how hard he would hit at them. OMG, it would be awesome!!!!!!!!!

Wwe=wcw (1999-2000)
Tna=wwf(1999-2000)

Nuff said!

Atleast try to add more to your posts. You could have made your post more clear by providing some reasons for saying this.

jefferson411 said:
I think TNA needs to not keep signing WWE drop outs. Yes, RVD was originally an ECW guy but over the last what 6 or 7 years he has become a WWE guy, and this will only lead to more ammunition for the TNA haters who say that TNA is the haven for WWE 'rejects.' It would be different if it was like someone huge leaving WWE (Like Angle did, or if Benoit were to, or Mysterio) but RVD just is not as big a name as everyone likes to think he is, and is not as impressive as he once was.

It is also very counter productive for TNA die hards to argue that TNA is not just a place for WWE "rejects" then wet themselves when a WWE guy becomes a free agent.

Furthermore, in a related note, Sabu is likely about to be released from WWE. I would hope TNA did not sign this guy again, since he left from TNA to go to WWE. This would set a precedent to the guys in TNA that if WWE offers you a big contract and you go and don't cut it, TNA will always take you back, which could possibly just lead to a revolving door of sorts of guys coming and going time and time again.

How would Van Dam be a reject if he chooses not to extend his contract? How would Sabu be a reject if he got himself fired on purpose? How is Kurt Angle a reject if he threatened to commit suicide just to be fired so he could go to TNA? How is Christian a reject if he walked out on them? Anyone that says that TNA is just WWE rejects is a bafoon because if you consider people like Rob Van Dam (one of the best wrestlers in ECW ever), Sabu (one of the best hardcore wrestlers ever), Christian (one of the best heels ever and great in the ring), Kurt Angle (One of the best wrestlers ever period.), Rhino (the best ECW wrestler ever in my opinion), Team 3D (best tag team of all time in my opinion) as rejects then I don't know how you can think anyone is a good wrestler.

Corntongue said:
you guys are **** fuck you and tna and rvd's wife
Run-on sentences are a fine art you've mastered. So is lacing them with horse$hit. Kudos.

Kasey, please don't respond to these types of posts. Just ignore them and report them to a mod.

iamwrestling said:
How would Van Dam be a reject if he chooses not to extend his contract? How would Sabu be a reject if he got himself fired on purpose? How is Kurt Angle a reject if he threatened to commit suicide just to be fired so he could go to TNA? How is Christian a reject if he walked out on them? Anyone that says that TNA is just WWE rejects is a bafoon because if you consider people like Rob Van Dam (one of the best wrestlers in ECW ever), Sabu (one of the best hardcore wrestlers ever), Christian (one of the best heels ever and great in the ring), Kurt Angle (One of the best wrestlers ever period.), Rhino (the best ECW wrestler ever in my opinion), Team 3D (best tag team of all time in my opinion) as rejects then I don't know how you can think anyone is a good wrestler.
The difference between WWE and TNA marks is simple. They buy everything spoonfed with regards to a wrestler's tenure in the "E." We "TNA marks" don't. If a wrestler was over in another promotion and was a solid worker there, there isn't any reason except for cluelessness and lack of creativity that he/she shouldn't be able to get over elsewhere. RVD was so over in ECW's old run that he should've had his picture posted in a dictionary next to the word "over" (credit to the REAL Joey Styles on that one). Rhino is the same way. The removed all of the sting from his arrival by letting him fall to the function of midcard wonder when they damn sure should've used his previous esteem and the heat generated by his previous persona as the ECW World Heavyweight Champion to get him over. The Dudley Boyz were also over in both ECW and WWE, but were broken up and wasted by the Titansports Titheads that didn't realize they should've been used to anchor and keep alive the tag team scene (which is funny considering their re-uniting of other successful teams now because they pissed away everything in the tag division in the last few years). These guys you mentioned are the furthest thing from rejects. The creative teams steering the ship were/are just retarted. With the proper work and push you can get nearly anyone over. But all of these guys are easy to do that with because they're all beyond just talented. Each and every one of them. Hell, inside of a year Austin was brought from wrestling Savio Vega in a snoozer at WM12 to being in arguably one of the best matches of the last decade opposite Bret Hart at WM13. If that can be done, these guys should be no problem to establish.

Can we please stay on topic guys, this isnt the WWE vs. TNA Thread, so stay on the subject of RVD coming to TNA.

RVD, as much as i hate to say this as we don't get TNA that much in England, needs to join TNA if he's ever gonna go anywhere. So many WWE mid-carders have become TNA main-eventers, or at least a hell of a lot more popular. Look at Rhino, look at Raven, look at (dare i say) Christian Cage. Rob Van Dam + TNA will work so well. Plus, i'd love to see Van Dam against Sabu in TNA (Sabu is obviously moving).

I dont think this will hapen. Vince knows Tna, Roh, and others need a guy like Rvd. This is last year, or the year before it all over again? I think that Rvd just starts the rumors on how he is unhappy just so he can get that bigger payday. The first time he was unhappy, yes he was not used right at all. Now this time, the guy beat cena for christ sake, in current wwe how much more could they do for him. Another thing the guy is careless in the ring, Remember HHH, knee to the throat, and many more. And since i like to ramble i will close with just one more thought, and would like feed back on tis one. The only reason i think its a good idea for a wwe guy to go to tna is to est. the new guys and help them get over to the mainstream. I challenge you all by saying,"Who has RVD helped get over more than himself" I say this and i'm a Rvd fan

RVD's wife is probably saying to him, "Listen! You're better than that! Get your ass in TNA!"

Chances are that ECW will not get any better. The originals sound very unhappy and their attitudes rub off on each other. Look for the ECW locker room to have a lot of originals leave with time

Paul Heyman's leave will cause a mass exodus. I can tell you right now that Sandman will be gone very soon. He has stated that he has a lot of money (from property investments) and doesn't need or want to wrestle. The only reason he will wrestle is as a favor to promoters. And unless he really likes Vince for some unknown reason, you would think that Paul Heyman is one of those people.

As far as RVD goes - I have no doubt he will be gone. He has put up with heaps over the years and I think that the whole ECW thing was the last straw for him. The fact is that RVD was getting pops on the level of Austin after his very first match - he was so different to anything WWE fans had ever seen and he was over instantly. And it still took them 5 years to give him anything.

And even when they finally give him the title - its in a bullshit Edge run-in followed by a Heyman pinfall count. It was crap. They basically told RVD - look we'll give you the title coz we can't ignore you anymore, plus we gotta get ECW off the ground; but if it wasn't for circumstances being what they are you would never get shit. And that whole big deal about the puff. Big fuck!! Tell me that the media remembered anything about the incident a week after it all went down. It was an excuse. An excuse for Vince and all his genius advisers to shoot Rob in the leg and be the reason for never giving the dude a push ever again.

Its not like RVD was ever going to get a second run anyway. Guys like Benoit, Jericho, Guerrero, Mysterio, Booker T, RVD etc. are only ever gonna get one shot. WWE in this way gives them a reason to remain happy for a while and they can continue promoting what they see as the "true stars" of the company.

I just hope and pray that RVD and Heyman (perhaps Heyman even moreso) ends up in TNA. They have soooo much to offer and its a waste having them both rot away in the WWE or just as bad inactive at home. They can turn the industry on its head and honestly wouldn't Paul E. and RVD just looooove to stick it to Vince!!

I agree with you about that, also RVD's own wife chanted "TNA" at December to Dismember - I think that says it all. Also RVD is annoyed at Paul Heyman's release and rightly so. WWE's ECW isn't ECW, it isn't Extreme Championship Wrestling - There's only one "extreme rules" match per show which usually consists of WWE-style chair shots, they only have one belt, and their wrestling is poor due to Vince McMahon's booking decisions in a brand that he has recreated and destroyed due to his ignorance. Its name is oxymoronic.

I hope that RVD along with other disgruntled ECW Originals, and Paul Heyman will move to TNA, hopefully they could even be a part of a TNA Hardcore Division if TNA were to make good use of this.

TNA cant book the wrestlers it currently has.And RVD isnt all that great. The match at ONS was carried by Cena and the heat Cena had from the ECW fans. Please remember that Vince didnt fuck RVD, RVD fucked RVD when he decided that it was more important to get high than be World Champion.I'm sure RVD wife would love to see him in TNA. That way she gets to spend more time with her Husband.

It was just weed, people need to get over it. Wrestlers have done a whole lot worse and still won titles. Its simple - Vince and WWE execs, writers etc. just don't like Rob.

And judging RVD's skills as a wrestler based on his match with Cena is a crime. You should get 5-10 for saying shit like that. I agree, the fans made the match seem a whole lot better than it was at ONS, but why would you use this as sub-par RVD match as a base from which to judge the talents of the dude. Again, its just plain criminal.

its cuz they jus dont like rob? which is y he got all those other titles and even held the title??/ yea that makes sense

I agree with you about that, also RVD's own wife chanted "TNA" at December to Dismember - I think that says it all. Also RVD is annoyed at Paul Heyman's release and rightly so. WWE's ECW isn't ECW, it isn't Extreme Championship Wrestling - There's only one "extreme rules" match per show which usually consists of WWE-style chair shots, they only have one belt, and their wrestling is poor due to Vince McMahon's booking decisions in a brand that he has recreated and destroyed due to his ignorance. Its name is oxymoronic.

I hope that RVD along with other disgruntled ECW Originals, and Paul Heyman will move to TNA, hopefully they could even be a part of a TNA Hardcore Division if TNA were to make good use of this.

what is the diff between ecw as it is now and a tna hardcore division? hardcore is a 90's gimmick that caught on fire and got ratings.....just like nwo in 2006 wouldnt work neither will a "hardcore" division.what did people expect when ecw came back? please dont tell me that any of you thought it would be like the old days?

by the way, to who said rvd f*cked himself.....gold star to you my friend....

its cuz they jus dont like rob? which is y he got all those other titles and even held the title??/ yea that makes sense

He was crazy over and had never done anything to warrant being held back or penalised. But it was even reported on Wrestlezone that people backstage were against giving RVD a world title push since day one. And that when the whole marijuana incident happened it was all the ammunition they ever needed to convince Vince that they were right and that RVD shouldn't have and should never be trusted. Vince always wanted to trust him coz the fans always loved him and it was thus good for business. But he always had whispers in his ears and now those whispers have become a loud scream.

I think RVD could step it back up in TNA. He's only temporarily been neutered by McMahon. The match with Mysterio before One Night Stand 2: The Job to Cena was f'n awesome. He just doesn't appear to get the chance often to square off against someone the same caliber. There are lots of people in TNA of that caliber and he could float easily between the X-Divison and the Heavyweight Division. As for being a "WWE reject", Van Dam's cult status stands to bring more fans away from WWE if he leaves than when Angle did; don't get me wrong, Angle's a bigger name and has WAY better mat skills, but people who watch Angle still watch WWE. I think most RVD fans would love to see him in an Ultimate X Match with AJ Styles. Or any match with the Phenomenal One... I think with Heyman being fired and Sabu on his way out, RVD's just a matter of time.

TNA cant book the wrestlers it currently has.And RVD isnt all that great. The match at ONS was carried by Cena and the heat Cena had from the ECW fans. Please remember that Vince didnt fuck RVD, RVD fucked RVD when he decided that it was more important to get high than be World Champion.I'm sure RVD wife would love to see him in TNA. That way she gets to spend more time with her Husband.
Oh, my. To the one who claimed Cena carried the ONS2 match- did you actually fall for that crap? RVD was made to JOB. And Cena couldn't even sell his moves right. That was all storyline, not based on actually talent. RVD's worked with worse and made it look better- like the match I saw live with Snitsky. I'll give Cena this- he has more moves than Hogan. Which is what, like 5? But he is mediocre wrestler with good mic skills who can pick up the Big Show. Not that it will matter anymore. And the view of him in the fans' eyes is based on the severity of the heel or the popularity of his tag partner. Not a great face. True, RVD made the mistake that cost him the belt, but it's still just weed. Not steroids. They didn't make a big deal about Masters or Mercury. Just hushed them away to rehab and popped them right back in the spotlight. And Candice Michelle appears to actually be drunk sometimes on the air! The list goes on.... From what I've heard, Flair has a problem with alcohol and that never causes him any heat. Cena carried the match at ONS2. That's a riot.

It was just weed, people need to get over it. Wrestlers have done a whole lot worse and still won titles. Its simple - Vince and WWE execs, writers etc. just don't like Rob.

And judging RVD's skills as a wrestler based on his match with Cena is a crime. You should get 5-10 for saying shit like that. I agree, the fans made the match seem a whole lot better than it was at ONS, but why would you use this as sub-par RVD match as a base from which to judge the talents of the dude. Again, its just plain criminal.
No doubt. Hell, Jake Roberts made it to the '96 KOTR finals and he was smoking crack and pissing on Mick Foley's hotel room floor. Lots of wrestlers have been given pushes when being on "meds." Bulldog, Luger, Warrior, Hogan...and that's just talking about juicers. Well, as for Cena's "carrying" anything at ONS, RVD has lost a step, but even if RVD became an amputee he'd still be a "leg-up" on Cena in the work department.

what is the diff between ecw as it is now and a tna hardcore division? hardcore is a 90's gimmick that caught on fire and got ratings.....just like nwo in 2006 wouldnt work neither will a "hardcore" division.what did people expect when ecw came back? please dont tell me that any of you thought it would be like the old days?

by the way, to who said rvd f*cked himself.....gold star to you my friend....
There is a difference between a "hardcore match" and "hardcore wrestling." A hardcore match is what you'd typically see on WWF or WCW and involved two guys hitting each other with miscellaneous $hit for ten minutes until someone got the boring pinfall and the crowd giving the obligatory "ooh" for cheap effect. "Hardcore Wrestling" is what ECW did and involved great storytelling in a match, but gearing it around wrestling and using the foreign objects to strengthen the wrestling. For an example, watch any Lynn vs. RVD match and you'll actually get this. NWO would've worked in any re-incarnation if it had a purpose other than to shift merchandise. It doesn't matter who is involved with the gimmick or stable if it has no serious purpose other than to fill in a gap or generate T-shirt revenue (See: DX).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back