Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round Two...

oWpiZNG.png

Stage: Hyrule Castle

Last round, Green Arrow managed to just edge out a victory against the force user, Rey. Meanwhile, Alduin defeated the F-Zero sensation, Captain Falcon. Now, these two clash in the most appropriate stage for a battle of heroes and dragons - a castle. It's not just any castle, it's Hyrule Castle, the centerpiece of the kingdom of Hyrule! How will these two combatants fair against each other, and how will the magical structure play into their fight?

FIGHT!

I there's one thing I remember from Skyrim.. You need a shit load of arrows in order to defeat dragons.

Seriously Alduin would squash Green Arrow here, but I'd like to hear arguments from more hardcore DC and Skyrim fans.

You know what? Fuck it. Alduin isn't even close to the strongest enemy in Skyrim, and can be taken out by regular arrows as long as you had a hundred or so.

It could be Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Katniss Everdeen, Princess Merida, etc and I'd still say they beat the dragon. This is a dragon's bane right here.

You know what? Fuck it. Alduin isn't even close to the strongest enemy in Skyrim, and can be taken out by regular arrows as long as you had a hundred or so.

Yeah, he's not the hardest enemy in Skyrim... because you have (at least) three allies, and you have a Dragon Shout that makes Alduin vulnerable to damage.

Green Arrow has no way to make Alduin land, and there's no way he'd be able to fire enough arrows at Alduin before Alduin summons a meteor storm or breaths fire or frost on him or snatches him up in his jaws and eats him.

This argument also has a bizarre logical flaw that you surely must have noticed. You say Green Arrow can defeat Alduin because he's not the strongest enemy in Skyrim, but Alduin is a lot closer to the strongest enemy in Skyrim than Green Arrow is to the strongest hero in DC.

Alduin easily has this fight in the bag. He completely destroyed Helgen: a keep with an entire army defending it, he should have no problems killing a single archer in Hyrule Castle. He'll rip the building to the ground if he has to, and once he finds Green Arrow the killing will be swift and merciless.

Like somebody mentioned in his fight vs Rey in which Green Arrow (somehow) won, Green Arrow is not your standard archer. He's got loads of special arrows to do damage to Alduin. But I think it boils down to the stage. Green Arrow would annoy the hell out of Alduin before getting crushed by a castle wall. Dragons like destroying castles.

I'm... willing... to concede this one to Alduin.

The only angle I can give to Green Arrow is that he would likely be allowed to use specialty arrows from the Zelda universe in this battle, but even then it's not a very good angle.

Light arrows effect Ganon because he's drawing upon dark magic to enhance his abilities, Alduin is just a dragon. Alduin doesn't survive on dark power, a light arrow would probably bounce right off him. Silver arrows would likely do the same thing, silver doesn't have any kind of special effect on a living dragon.

I can't justify Green Arrow having an enchanted arrow designed to slay dragons, because those only exist in the D&D world. That would be the only way that Green Arrow could have a chance.

A seasoned warrior can take down Alduin in Skyrim, becoming that kind of seasoned warrior would require extensive training in the Skyrim universe. Green Arrow has never taken down a larger opponent like Galactus all on his own, while Alduin literally eats warriors of Green Arrow's caliber for brunch.

I really wanted to find a way for Green Arrow to have a valid chance of winning this one, but he doesn't. Dragons are ridiculously tough on their own, and Green Arrow is taking on a dragon who can make other dragons obey out of fear.

Alduin obliterates Hyrule Caste, and Green Arrow with it.

I'm sorry but I have to give this one to Green Arrow and for no other reason than I'VE BEATEN ALDUIN IN SKYRIM USING NOTHING BUT ARROWS. Seriously, no Dragon Shout, no magic, no allies. Just arrows and I'm nowhere near as good a shot as Green Arrow is. Plus, Green Arrow has several, several specialty arrows. I'm not just talking about boxing glove arrows or ridiculous ones like that. He has high powered explosive arrows, flash bang arrows, ice arrows, fire arrows, and several more. Not to mention the very very powerful quantum arrow.

I think Green Arrow would take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back