Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
ROUND TWO

AkGWMlU.png

Last round, the Vampire Slayer and Hell on Wheels teamed up to defeat Arkham's fearmongerer Scarecrow and the zombie-killing operative Jill Valentine. Meanwhile, Wolverine and Chell used their combined powers to defeat the Time Lord, The Doctor, and the Bionic Commando, Rad Spencer. Only one team can make it out of this round - Who wins?

FIGHT!

Logan is far from a saint, and unfortunately for him he's going up against the man in Marvel who owns the signature "penance stare." All Rider needs to do is look into Logan's eyes and even that Amnesia-ridden brain of Logan's is gonna end up turning to mush as he keels over in intense pain from all the people he slaughtered and maimed over the 100 or so years he's spent walking the Earth.

Then between Buffy/GR vs Chell, her portals are going to turn into purely defensive weapons that only delay the inevitable defeat from GR.

Team one wins.

Logan is far from a saint, and unfortunately for him he's going up against the man in Marvel who owns the signature "penance stare." All Rider needs to do is look into Logan's eyes and even that Amnesia-ridden brain of Logan's is gonna end up turning to mush as he keels over in intense pain from all the people he slaughtered and maimed over the 100 or so years he's spent walking the Earth.

Then between Buffy/GR vs Chell, her portals are going to turn into purely defensive weapons that only delay the inevitable defeat from GR.

Team one wins.

Shows how much you know about Wolverine's brain.

Wolverine's brain is a beautiful thing that blocks out the information that hurts him and gives him the information he needs. For instance: he can't remember the atrocities he committed as a member of the Weapon X program, but when Scarlet Witch caused M Day, an event that spawned an parallel universe where Mutants were in the majority and humans were fighting for survival, Wolverine was one of the few individuals that remembered the world before it was altered.

Wolverine's brain, just like every other part of his body, has a healing factor. However, his brain can not only heal itself from physical trauma, but psychological as well.

It's also worth mentioning that Venom was able to withstand the penance stare. Venom has probably done even more fucked up shit than Wolverine in a much shorter span of time, and yet he could resist the stare. Why? Because Venom's eyes are different from normal eyes. It seems that Ghost Rider has trouble using the stare on people with different anatomy, and Wolverine falls into that category.

Ghost Rider's penance stare would have absolutely no effect on Wolverine. Nor would anything else. Wolverine's healing factor is strong, and his tolerance for pain is legendary. Ghost Rider has a powerful arsenal, but there's nothing there that can cut through adamantium, nothing that can knock Wolverine out, and nothing that can immobilize him.

The strength of the Wolverine/Chell team is that Chell allows Wolverine to be anywhere he wants in the blink of an eye. Ghost Rider could be driving full speed at Chell, but all it takes is a quick portal shot to have Wolverine drop right on top of Rider and cut his flaming skull off.

Buffy is the X-Factor of this battle. I don't know enough about Buffy to know if she could drop Wolverine or not, but my guess is no. If you're a Buffy fan, feel free to enlighten me. In the mean time, I'm rolling with Wolverine and Chell.

It's also worth mentioning that Venom was able to withstand the penance stare. Venom has probably done even more fucked up shit than Wolverine in a much shorter span of time, and yet he could resist the stare. Why? Because Venom's eyes are different from normal eyes. It seems that Ghost Rider has trouble using the stare on people with different anatomy, and Wolverine falls into that category.

Venom, at least the symbiote is not a human being. It's a parasite from outer space. Trying to use the stare on something that doesn't have a human soul is like using the stare on your pet dog. Wolverine may not be human but he is a mutant, and mutants still very much have souls that are suspect to the stare.

Ghost Rider's penance stare would have absolutely no effect on Wolverine. Nor would anything else.

Care to explain this? There's nothing that explicitly states Wolverine doesn't have a human soul.

Wolverine's healing factor is strong, and his tolerance for pain is legendary.

Logan is a total bitch when it comes to fire. Every time he's been burned to the bone it takes minutes for him to recover, which is more than enough time to be considered out for the count.

Ghost Rider has a powerful arsenal, but there's nothing there that can cut through adamantium, nothing that can knock Wolverine out, and nothing that can immobilize him.

Jesus do I need to pull out the scans from last year of all the times Logan got knocked out cold from Namor, and Thing? Besides, GR arsenal primarily attacks the soul and not body he's healing factor is a moot point.

The strength of the Wolverine/Chell team is that Chell allows Wolverine to be anywhere he wants in the blink of an eye. Ghost Rider could be driving full speed at Chell, but all it takes is a quick portal shot to have Wolverine drop right on top of Rider and cut his flaming skull off.

GR is completely immune to physical damage, several times his head has gotten destroyed and it only regenerated in moments.

Buffy is the X-Factor of this battle. I don't know enough about Buffy to know if she could drop Wolverine or not, but my guess is no. If you're a Buffy fan, feel free to enlighten me. In the mean time, I'm rolling with Wolverine and Chell.

Buffy can very easily use Chell's portals against her to get in close for a killing shot or to disable the portal gun. The real fight is GR VS Wolverine, a fight which Logan stands a shot.

The penance stare works on the soul, not the brain. Logan does indeed have a soul, but that mutha fucker is so short that by the time that Mr. Blaze bends over to look at that midget right in the eyes, Logan would cut him up something fierce, then he has sex with Buffy, cause Logan fucks everything with two legs and a pussy and then cuts her down to size while Chell fucks around with portals, likely using them for some kinky three way shit with Logan, her, and Buffy.

Venom, at least the symbiote is not a human being. It's a parasite from outer space. Trying to use the stare on something that doesn't have a human soul is like using the stare on your pet dog. Wolverine may not be human but he is a mutant, and mutants still very much have souls that are suspect to the stare.

Care to explain this? There's nothing that explicitly states Wolverine doesn't have a human soul.

In Deadpool Vol. 2 #26, Ghost Rider uses the Penance Stare on Deadpool, and while it does force Deadpool to relive the events of his life, it also causes Ghost Rider to morph back into Johnny Blaze. Deadpool may be insane in the membrane, but shouldn't his soul be just as in tact as Wolverine's? Deadpool's immunity to the Penance Stare indicates that having an advanced healing factor might prevent the Penance Stare from working.

What does that mean? It means that not only would the Penance Stare be ineffective against Wolverine, it would mean that using it becomes a liability.

Logan is a total bitch when it comes to fire. Every time he's been burned to the bone it takes minutes for him to recover, which is more than enough time to be considered out for the count.

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I just read a book with Logan in it the other day where he fought through an attack from a sentinel that was above Nimrod class where he got fried the shit out of, and the only sign that he was even a little hurt was that he basically looked like a chard black steak. He was still fine enough after the fight to boss the rest of X-Force around.

Jesus do I need to pull out the scans from last year of all the times Logan got knocked out cold from Namor, and Thing? Besides, GR arsenal primarily attacks the soul and not body he's healing factor is a moot point.

Both Namor and Thing are much stronger than Ghost Rider. Ghost Rider can lift about 25 tons max. An impressive feat, sure, but Namor can lift 1000s of pounds with ease. Thing can lift tens of thousands of pounds no problem.

GR is completely immune to physical damage, several times his head has gotten destroyed and it only regenerated in moments.

And Wolverine has shrugged off explosions equivalent to that of a nuclear bomb. But who knows, maybe hellfire and some chains will be enough to take him down.

Buffy can very easily use Chell's portals against her to get in close for a killing shot or to disable the portal gun. The real fight is GR VS Wolverine, a fight which Logan stands a shot.

He more than stands a shot, he has the advantage.

In Deadpool Vol. 2 #26, Ghost Rider uses the Penance Stare on Deadpool, and while it does force Deadpool to relive the events of his life, it also causes Ghost Rider to morph back into Johnny Blaze. Deadpool may be insane in the membrane, but shouldn't his soul be just as in tact as Wolverine's? Deadpool's immunity to the Penance Stare indicates that having an advanced healing factor might prevent the Penance Stare from working.

Deadpool and Wolverine are on two completely different spectrums in terms of sanity. Remember, Deadpool doesn't understand right from wrong. While Wolverine... well he wants people to stop raping him.

ngbbs4941c9cc308cf.jpg

The Penance stare affects the soul, and the only rational reasoning why the Stare didn't affect Deadpool was because he took actual enjoyment out of what he's done unlike Wolverine, who bitches and moans about it every other issue. Remember, we're not arguing healing factors or the body with the stare, we're talking about the soul. Wolverine is a good guy who's done horrible things, while Deadpool is a horrible guy who's done things for the lol's.

What does that mean? It means that not only would the Penance Stare be ineffective against Wolverine, it would mean that using it becomes a liability.

That doesn't mean anything.

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I just read a book with Logan in it the other day where he fought through an attack from a sentinel that was above Nimrod class where he got fried the shit out of, and the only sign that he was even a little hurt was that he basically looked like a chard black steak. He was still fine enough after the fight to boss the rest of X-Force around.

Here's scans where Wolverine was burned down to the bone. Which, with Ghost Rider's hellfire he is more than capable of doing.

regrow.jpg

avx3a.jpg

Wolverine hates being ignited into flames, and unfortunately for Wolverine he's facing someone who's almost entirely made up of Hellfire.

Both Namor and Thing are much stronger than Ghost Rider. Ghost Rider can lift about 25 tons max. An impressive feat, sure, but Namor can lift 1000s of pounds with ease. Thing can lift tens of thousands of pounds no problem.

Are you really undermining the fact that a punch from a man with 25 Ton super-strength wouldn't knock a few cobwebs into a man like Wolverine? Hell, Ghost Rider could bitch slap Logan in the face several times with his chain out of Logan's reach.

And Wolverine has shrugged off explosions equivalent to that of a nuclear bomb. But who knows, maybe hellfire and some chains will be enough to take him down.

No, he has not. He has never done such a task. That's just fanboy drivel at it's finest. I'll repost the earlier scan of Wolverine cooked to the bone by Nitro.

regrow.jpg

Nitro, burned Wolverine to nothing but his skeleton explodes at the max force of 250 pounds of dynamite. The first nuclear bomb had the destructive force of at least 20,000 tons.

See what I mean that there's things Wolverine can do, and the things fans think he can do?

He more than stands a shot, he has the advantage.

He has no such thing. I haven't even begin to bother to argue that Wolverine's attacks would have little to no impact on Wolverine. Ghost Rider wins this in a stomp.

Ghost Rider wins this in a stomp.

meg.jpg

You know that all your talk of burning Wolverine down to skeleton is crap right?

Hellfire burns the soul, it isnt actual fire.

Here is what will happen....and it is gonna piss everyone off but its gonna happen.

Chell wins as the last person standing.

Blaze and Buffy go after Logan, not so much Chell. Chell is human so Buffy wont be trying to kill her but she will see Logan as a type of monster or demon. Chell stays back and uses her portal gun to buy Logan time when needed. Thanks to a well timed portal, Buffy lands in the path of an attack from either Logan or Rider and is now dead.

Logan and GR will knock each other out just like this:

679060-vsghostrider4vb2.jpg

Chell still stands thus winning the match.

You're welcome.

Deadpool and Wolverine are on two completely different spectrums in terms of sanity. Remember, Deadpool doesn't understand right from wrong. While Wolverine... well he wants people to stop raping him.

ngbbs4941c9cc308cf.jpg

The Penance stare affects the soul, and the only rational reasoning why the Stare didn't affect Deadpool was because he took actual enjoyment out of what he's done unlike Wolverine, who bitches and moans about it every other issue. Remember, we're not arguing healing factors or the body with the stare, we're talking about the soul. Wolverine is a good guy who's done horrible things, while Deadpool is a horrible guy who's done things for the lol's.

That's an interesting hypothesis, but it actually showed Deadpool the series of events that lead to him becoming Deadpool, which is probably not something he enjoyed seeing.

Not getting out of that one that easily.

Here's scans where Wolverine was burned down to the bone. Which, with Ghost Rider's hellfire he is more than capable of doing.

regrow.jpg

avx3a.jpg

Wolverine hates being ignited into flames, and unfortunately for Wolverine he's facing someone who's almost entirely made up of Hellfire.

No, he loves being lit on fire. It's his favorite.

Of course he hates it, and of course it happens, but it's not like he instantly becomes burned to the bone. It takes time and extended durations of extreme heat to burn him to a point of incapacitation, and I reckon if Wolverine was ever caught in Hellfire, Chell could teleport him away pretty quickly.

Are you really undermining the fact that a punch from a man with 25 Ton super-strength wouldn't knock a few cobwebs into a man like Wolverine? Hell, Ghost Rider could bitch slap Logan in the face several times with his chain out of Logan's reach.

Are you really underestimating the strength of Adamantium? Even if Ghost Rider doesn't break his hand on the punch, it's still not going to do much to the strongest metal in the world. It would be like you or I punching titanium.

No, he has not. He has never done such a task. That's just fanboy drivel at it's finest. I'll repost the earlier scan of Wolverine cooked to the bone by Nitro.

regrow.jpg

Nitro, burned Wolverine to nothing but his skeleton explodes at the max force of 250 pounds of dynamite. The first nuclear bomb had the destructive force of at least 20,000 tons.

See what I mean that there's things Wolverine can do, and the things fans think he can do?

I liked how you left out the part that he was on mutant growth hormone before and after that battle.

Wolverine43-020.jpg

With MGH in his system, his powers would easily spike to nuclear levels.

He has no such thing. I haven't even begin to bother to argue that Wolverine's attacks would have little to no impact on Wolverine. Ghost Rider wins this in a stomp.

Wolverine dips his claws in holy water. Boom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back