Round 5: Little Jerry Lawler -vs- youngbullzeye

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
Who is the better broadcaster, Gorilla Monsoon or Jim Ross?

This is a fourth round match in the Debater's League. Little Jerry Lawler is the home debater and gets to choose which side of the debate they will be on and who debates first, but they have 24 hours to make their choice.

This thread is for DEBATERS ONLY and will end on Friday at 2pm EST.

Anyone that posts in this thread besides the debaters, league admins, and judges will be infracted!

Good luck.​

OK then LJL good luck

Over the storied history of the WWE there have been good commentars and then there have been legends like good ol' JR.Jim Ross is one of the greatest ever no..the best ever.Jim Ross puts the emotion in the match when he is on the stick.You could put two of the worst wrestler ever and JR can have a field day commentating on there match.Jim Ross has called some of the best matches ever like Rock vs Hogan,all the great ladder matches of the hardy's vs dudleys vs E&C and Austin vs Taker.JR is the most colorful commentator ever he has many unique catchphrase that are still used or remebered to day unlike Gorrilla.Good Ol'JR could describe the matches he was commentating so good if you were blind you could even picture.If we were to have a vote of which commentator was the greatest ever 11 times out of 10 people would say Good Ol' JR that is how good he is even better than Gorilla.Now dont get me wrong Gorilla is good but JR is a god amongst saints.

I already see the generation gap beginning to take place and that's through no fault of your own. Gorilla Monsoon has had many a memorable catchphrase from overusing the word "literally" which I believe is a forerunner of Cole's "vintage" to "history has been made".

Another reason I believe Gorilla is better because during matches he always called out the holds but since he was a former wrestler, he can relate more and thus give the audience a bit of a deeper look inside professional wrestling. I know Ross wasn't a wrestler but he had Jerry Lawler with him to handle that. I'll still take the guy who can do both.

I already see the generation gap beginning to take place and that's through no fault of your own.
Yeah you can probably tell.I have heard him comment on some matches that come out on dvd but not as much as you probably have.

Gorilla Monsoon has had many a memorable catchphrase from overusing the word "literally" which I believe is a forerunner of Cole's "vintage" to "history has been made".
I have heard his "history has been made " catchphrase before.But not many others like JR.

Another reason I believe Gorilla is better because during matches he always called out the holds but since he was a former wrestler, he can relate more and thus give the audience a bit of a deeper look inside professional wrestling. I know Ross wasn't a wrestler but he had Jerry Lawler with him to handle that. I'll still take the guy who can do both.
Now this is true he did have Lawler at his side but just because he dosent no all the moves that shouldn't take away that he is the best.I think that you dont have to be a wrestler at commentating look at baseball some of those guys have never played Major League Baseball but they are still good commentators so i really dont see that as a good piont.

What is this shit? Now I really regret procrastinating so much. I'm splitting the points between both of you because I can't not award any points, but seriously guys, this was a great debate topic and more effort should have been put forth.

Final Score
youngbullzeye - 2.5
Little Jerry Lawler - 2.5

Again I am agreeing with tdigs, bit dissapointing

Clarity: I am getting the impression that youngbullzeye puts his all into these things, but it's a clarity point, which just has to go to LJL

Point - LJL

Punctuality: LJL never returned, losing him the point

Point - youngbullzeye

Informative: Neither provided anything, if I was allowed to withhold points

Point - Draw

Persuasion: youngbullzeye wins this one, he made his opening post, he responded to LJL's post, basically he did all you could ask of him and I wont fault him for that. Despite his lack of "Clarity" he also made some good points which werent rebuttled or whatever you want to call it. So score one for the one rep bar kid, I've always liked Little Jerry Lawler, but am a bit dissapointed here.

Point - youngbullzeye

My score;

LJL - 1.5
youngbullzeye - 3.5

Like tdigs, after reading this debate, I truly cannot give a full valued score, neither debater really gave any true insight, while youngbullzeye made an effort, this was a truly abismal display by both and I'm giving a 2.5 draw to both.

Final Score
LJL: 2.5
youngbullzeye: 2.5

Know what, this is the most awful and disappointing debate of the entire tournament. Actually, it's probably the worst debate I had ever read. I'd rather hear two people repeatedly saying "I know you are but what am I" to each other and stick pins in my eyes than to read this again.

I'm scoring this more harshly than my fellow judged. If a category doesn't even warrant a point then I won't issue it.

Clarity: Split
Punctuality: youngbullzeye
Informative: NEITHER
Persuasion: NEITHER

No one gave me any real information or persuaded me in any way so I won't issue points in those categories. If I did, it would be unfair to other posters.

Final Score
youngbullzeye: 1.5
LJL: 0.5

Just awful. :disappointed:

After a complete judge's tally, youngbullzeye is the victor with 10 points to LJL's 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back