Round 4 - 121 Kingdom Hearts v 56 The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

?

• Kingdom Hearts

• Oblivion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Kingdom_Hearts.jpg

v

Oblivion_Cover.JPG

Kingdom Hearts was Japanese RPG #453 with a gimmick. Oblivion is better than that. The massive area you could explore, the countless mines/tombs/caves/ruins you could explore, the revolutionary AI... it all adds up to a truly unique experience that has yet to be redone. I've already stated my reasons for Oblivion several times before in the tourney, I don't feel the need to recite it again. Oblivion gets my vote.

I'm going to have to go with Kingdom Hearts here. Is Elder Scrolls a superior game? Probably. I don't really care, I'm not a fan of Elder Scrolls at all and likely never will be. That's reason enough for me to vote against it here.

Kingdom Hearts, while not one of my favorite games by any means, was certainly enjoyable. Far more enjoyable than Elder Scrolls IMO. Oh well Scrolls fans, sorry, KH gets my vote here.

Gonna go with Kingdom Hearts here for the simple reason that Oblivion had some big design flaws. Specifically, it was possible to REALLY fuck up your character in a major, unfixable way if you played wrong.

Example. I went the rogue route and stumbled across the Hitman-type side quest for the assassin's guild. The vast majority of that quest involved a huge amount of sneaking around. Sneaking gave you experience, and since that was a core ability of my class, it leveled me. A lot.

However, that quest also didn't involve any combat, so my level increase while my combat abilities did not. The moment I finished with that side quest, I went back to the main quest and found it absolutely impossible to continue because the bad guys had scaled to my current experience level, while my combat abilities had not. Simply put, I got owned by everything and there was nothing I could do about it.

So... yeah. Kingdom Hearts all the way here. I'd have voted for pretty much anything over Oblivion, though.

Kingdom Hearts was a successful crossover of two genres and it kicked some serious ass because of it. This is a game that made me enjoy this style of gameplay when I couldn't even get into Final Fantasy, that says something in itself for me.

It's just so fun to play and I didn't feel a dull moment with this game. And people are still playing this KH2 and are eagerly awaiting KH3 because of it being such a great crossover. I mean how often do you get to visit different Disney films in one game and feel in awe about it. This is game makes going to Disney World seem dull.

Vote Kingdom Hearts

KH all the way, I never really got in to the Elder Scrolls game, it was ok, but KH really sucked me in, I stayed up way to long the first time I played it and hardly sleep until I beat it, great game, hands down better than Elder Scrolls to me.

I like Kingdom Hearts both of them, great meld of two worlds and add that I'm a Square mark, it was a great and fun and different playthrough from your typical RPG. Now, let's get honest here, how many hours have you spent in Cyrodiil? How many hours did you add on with Shivering Isles? Yea haha.

The perfect sandbox RPG, that just keep giving you more and more and more things to do. Todd Howard and Co. are just amazing at what they do. Elder Scrolls V plz!

Vote Oblivion!

Kingdom Hearts was the shit. I remember playing it for hours and hours and never getting bored. KH was a very innovative and different game than a lot of others I played. On top of that the gameplay was solid. I didn't care for Obvlivion and Kingdom Hearts is one of my personal favorites.

and in the event of a tie it goes to written arguments which KH won 5-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back