Round 2; 1 Ocarina of Time (N64) v 64 Wind waker

?

• OoT

• Wind Waker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
250px-ZeldaOoTbox.png

v

ZeldaWindWakerGCNCoverArtUS.jpg

OoT was simply a better game than Wind Walker. I don't think theres a person alive who hasn't played OoT. The gameplay was great, and the game was uberly fun to say the least. OoT takes this, and I'm going to cry if Wind Walker gets a single vote.

EDIT: Sorry about the whole forgetting to write the er. I play a video game with one of the abilities is Wind Walk. Seeing as how its an imbalanced move, its typed a lot. It was instinct for me to type it the way I did.

Milky, You should really read the title of the thread before you post, It's Wind Waker. :)

Right, So in one corner we have The Ocarina of Time, The game that defined a genre, And in the other corner we Wind Waker, The game the re-defined the same genre(for me at least)

OoC has the better story of the two, Well by a hair at least. Wind Waker wins in the graphics department. They are about equal gameplay wise.

Fuck, I'm struggling here, Lee you cunt, your in charge of the tournie, And let this happen? :p

Hmmm, i'm going to have to go with Ocarina, Simply because if it didn't exist, Neither would Wind Waker.

Believe it or not, I played Wind Waker first...

Ocarina of Time, hands down. I'm sure it will mop the floor with Wind Waker here anyways, as every single one of us knows that OoT will probably be making it to the finals.

I'm not even going to get into all of the things that make OoT great. I'll save that for a later round when it has actual competition to face. Needless to say, it's one of the greatest games ever made, and a benchmark for which the gaming industry has judged everything since. It better get your damn vote, it certainly gets mine.

I just didn't like Wind Waker. I didn't like most Nintendo games on the Gamecube.
I dunno, there's just something about Wind Waker that takes away the Zelda-y feeling. The cel shaded graphics, while beautiful, just didn't work for me. It's hard to make a game dark when it's cel shaded like Wind Waker was. And darkness has always been an essential element of Zelda, especially the 3D Zeldas. Oh and the sailing parts of Wind Waker were crap. I don't know why Miyamoto put them in there.

Ocarina of Time.... is Ocarina of Time. Arguably the greatest game of all time. Wind Waker simply cannot compete here.

Well is there simply anygame in the world that beats OoC, seriously? Zelda is a great game and I love the whole series but nothing in that series beats OoC, except maybe Phantom hour glass because it is so fucking hard XD.

Yeah this is OoT without a doubt. Wind Waker was a fun Zelda game and all, but OoT was just fucking epic when it came out. For me I went from LTTP with your 2D style game, to a 3D Zelda, it was very similar to going from a 2D Mario to a 3D Mario for the first time, you get awe struck.

Wind Waker, I wasn't a big fan of the cel shaded graphics, even if they were nice to look at, I've always wanted to see a Zelda game in a more gritty darker style, similar to what Twilight Princess was able to create. So OoT because it is a legend of the gaming world, not that there was anything wrong with Wind Waker, it's just going up against the better Zelda game.

Wow, we got some Zelda on Zelda action here. OoT is going to win this, and rightfully so. It was arguably the best game ever. Everything about it from the gameplay to the story was spot on. Wind Waker? Not so much. Personally I didn't really enjoy it at all and there is no was it's better than OoT. The better game cruises here.

I vote OoT. Granted, Wind Waker has it's fun areas, but OoT is a game that can keep you hooked from the get go. Besides, no OoT, no Wind Waker.

OoT will win this round.

I haven't played Wind Waker, but I'm in the process of playing Ocarina of Time and I will admit it's good. Based on the research I have done Ocarina seems to be the best of the Zelda series so if I had to choose between one of these games to represent the Zelda franchise in future matches OOT would be the best choice... if anything because I've played it so It'll be easier to rate future matches fairly.

I'm voting Ocarina of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back