Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
r1sunshinevwarriors_zps9ac9d35d.jpg

Round 1: The Warriors vs. Little Miss Sunshine

Polls will close on Saturday, October 20 at 12:00am(ish) ET.​

I love both of these films, I own both and I want to vote for The Warriors but I just can't do it. It's a great film, very entertaining, stylish but it's a very simple story that you can't take much away from.
Little Miss Sunshine would be guilty of much the same if it wasn't for a beautiful little discussion in the middle on philosophy between Steve Carrell (representing Proust) and Paul Dano (representing Nietzsche). Whatever else goes on this film, it's those 2 characters that that bring a pathos, intelligence and humanity amongst the chaos as everything breaks down around them.

The Warriors may be simple, but I'll take a film that does exactly what it sets out to do and does it with perfect style and finesse over almost any other film. From the slimy villain, to the cast of characters in the different gangs, the relentless pacing of the film, to the awesome fight scenes, I'm really hard-pressed to find any flaws in the film when it comes to doing what it set out to do. And that's the most important factor of them all.

It also helps that the famous "Warriors...come out to play..." scene ranks up there with one of my favorite scenes in a film. So creepy. So annoying. So perfect.

Little Miss Sunshine winning a round in WrestleZone Forums is hilarious to me, but it deserves to beat The Warriors. Warriors has memorable scenes, but it's an unfair fight when put up against a movie with a complex and deep story.

Seeing as it's a tie, I thought I would post.

I went with The Warriors in this one. It was only recently that I actually watched The Warriors, because previously I didn't think I would like it, but after watching it; I thought bad of myself for leaving it this long. Basically it's awesome, well for the most part anyway. When it sticks to the white-knuckle suspense and excellent fight scenes and ever increasing tension, the film excels. The dialogue in the film isn't great and neither is the script, but I still really enjoyed the film and for once, a cult film that actually deserves its praise.

Little Miss Sunshine on the other hand never really interested me. Not to take anything away from the film but, I was bored by it during my viewing of it. The acting is very good though with Steve Carell and Alan Arkin delivering the best performances. A fine film, but not my cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back