Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
se7envsilence_zpseb0df909.jpg

Round 1: Se7en vs. Silence of the Lambs

Polls will close on Saturday, October 20 at 12:00am(ish) ET.​

I had to think hard about this one as these are both fantastic films. Ultimately though, when you line them up side by side, Silence of the Lambs is reliant on Anthony Hopkins and without him, it's not half the same film. For a coherent, methodical story, a truly fantastic ending and a chilling Kevin Spacey (he's not quite Lecter but close enough), Se7en has to be the better film.

Whats in the box? A victory for Se7en.

Silence is a good film, but without the creepy Hopkins playing the doctor- I dont think it would have had the same effect. Normal 'catch a killer' movie just with the added help of a killers' mind slowly guiding the agents. Nothing too fancy. Really the only thing I remember from the movie is some of Hopkins' lines and a few from Buffalo Bill.

Now the cast for Se7en? Spot on choices. The idea for the story took a departure from the normal 'catch a killer' plot with the use of the 7 deadly sins. The cast made the movie just that much better and a hell of a lot more memorable. Each character played their respective parts to a T. Kevin Spacey was barely seen for a good part of the movie but you dreaded his character because of his actions and the atmosphere of the film. Now how about that ending? Damn. He had everything planned out exactly how he wanted it to and was in complete control even when he was in custody.

Cast, plot, atmosphere: points go to Se7ven.

Famous lines: point goes to Silence.

Overall I have to go with Se7en as my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back