Round 1; Mario Kart Wii(40) v Dance Dance revolution(89) [to avoid any confusion!]

?

• Mario Kart Wii

• Beatmania(dance dance revolution)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
images

v

images

Beatmania is not the DJ style Beatmania as the US had, but the Beat Mania game which was later renamed dance dance revolution in Europe, I assumed they were the same name in both countries. I was wrong. You are voting for Mario Kart Wii v DDR

Eugh I hate dance dance revolution beatmania, probably because I am not a 14 year old girl. Mario Kart wii had some good gameplay, great fun and I loved the introduction of the motorbikes. It's better than Dance dance revolution!

I hated Beat Mania. it's so stupid. I agree Lee that all those games absolutely suck. Mario Kart was fun, and I liked the concept of the wheel, it had good graphics, and fun gameplay so that gets my vote.

I've never played either, but because I cannot stand DDR or anything resembling those games, I'm voting Mario Kart Wii, purely on the premises that Mario Kart games have always been awesome and they always add new features to keep the game fresh.

I hate to vote for a game on the Wii, but I just cannot bring myself to vote for anything involving the words "Dance Dance Revolution". Like Lee, I am also not a 14 year old girl and thus do not enjoy DDR.

I hate the Wii but I imagine that Mario Kart would actually probably be really, really fun. Looks like it, anyone actually played the game who can testify to this?

Looks like we're going to have two different Mario Kart victories in the opening round.

Mario Kart Wii FTW

My cousin has then game on the Wii and I just love going over there and playing. Its fun and excicting just like the other games in the Series. I enjoy the only play even thought I'm pretty bad online lol. I suck with the wheel lol but I kick but with the Wii Classic Remote.

and as others said anything DDR related it just not fun to me.

I hate to vote for a game on the Wii, but I just cannot bring myself to vote for anything involving the words "Dance Dance Revolution". Like Lee, I am also not a 14 year old girl and thus do not enjoy DDR.

I hate the Wii but I imagine that Mario Kart would actually probably be really, really fun. Looks like it, anyone actually played the game who can testify to this?

Looks like we're going to have two different Mario Kart victories in the opening round.

The only advantage that Mario Kart 64 would have over its Wii counterpart would be nostalgia. I'd say the Wii version is better for 4 reasons.

1. It's just as addicting

2. You can relive many of the old 64 tracks on the Wii version

3. If you don't like using the Wii controller wih the game, you can use a Gamecube controller instead.

4. The Wii version actually has a decent 1 player mode.

As for the Mario Kart Wii vs beatmania match, Dance Dance Revolution is addicting, but it's an acquired taste, like Guitar Hero or Karaoke. Mario Kart Wii is the reincarnate of its 64 predecessor, keeping the Mario Kart series alive for another generation to enjoy.

Mario Kart Wii easily

I'm abstaining from voting, and you should to. This match should end in a tie with both leaving (if it's sset up that way.) Both games are terrible. Anything on the Wii is simply obnoxious, and Mario Kart has been done to death. Then you get the genre of gaming that I hate, music, and the various forms it attempts to shove itself down our throats. Whether its Guitar Hero or DDR, they all suck and are obnoxious for anyone that enjoys quality gaming.

Do us all a favor, let's hope both of these games go home, because whichever wins, we all lose.

I loathe these dancing games, it is just a stupid gimmick basically. As much as Mario Kart Wii is overrated, it is much better than Beat Mania, that's for sure. You can play Mario Kart with girls too(the girls I know love their Mario Kart), except you won't look like an ass like you would if you played Beat Mania. My vote goes to Mario Kart Wii.

Mario kart Wii: I loved this game, In my opinion its the best of the series, As with all new installments of this series, The tracks get better, More challenging, And tend to be more creative. The introduction of Cycles did not harm to the game what so ever, And with all the Mario karts, They are great multiplayer games. It's highly addictive as well, its a game that no matter what, You can go back and play over, And over.

Beat Mania: I refuse to dignify this with an answer.

DDR games are only fun if you're watching a drunk friend attempting to "dance" do the songs, what makes it more fun is the fact that said friend has zero rhythm and would completely fail sober.

Besides that, this is an easy pick, I mean really. Who in their right mind would vote against Mario for a DDR game?

Mario Kart Wii moving on up.

I hated Beat Mania. it's so stupid. I agree Lee that all those games absolutely suck. Mario Kart was fun, and I liked the concept of the wheel, it had good graphics, and fun gameplay so that gets my vote.

I wouldn't say that they all suck! I mean, they do what they are meant to do and that is make a 14 year old girl fell slightly like Britney Spears for a while. In any case Mario Kart was a much better game and it has my vote for a few reasons. For a while it was the best multiplayer game that I had, it was like Crash Team Racing only with Mario. How can it lose!? Also, it was just an immensely enjoyable game. As with all Mario games, it kept me entertained for a long time and it didn't feel like a chore at any point. Beat Mania just cannot compete with a game like this unfortunately.

First of all, Beat Mania is NOT DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION! Nor is it anything like DDR! In Beat Mania, you do not dance. Beat Mania is played like the new DJ HERO! Beat Mania came out 1 year prior to DDR.*

Beat Mania as far as my knowledge, is the 1st game to take controllers out of the palm of the players hands. It got the gamer up and moving opposed to just sitting. It's the great-great grandfather to games such as Dance Dance Revolution, Guitar Hero, Rockband, Karaoke and even the new X-Box Natal System.**

Mario Kart Wii: While fun, as all Mario games tend to be (except for you Super Mario Bros 2), aside from a wheel controller, its the same as any and all Mario Kart Games. And having a wheel controller still isn't anything new. You could often buy wheel AND pedals AND shifter that allowed you to play ANY racer on the system.

*To me, it is very unfortunate that everyone is voting for Mario Kart Wii because they believe its Dance Dance Revolution. Again, Beat Mania is NOT DDR and is nothing like DDR! And PS. Yes, you are all 14 year old girls! (lol)

**In no way am I saying that without Beat Mania these games wouldn't exist today. I am, however saying that Beat Mania is the first.

Er there are two Beatmanias, one is the DJ one and one is the DDR style one. This is the DDR style one and not the one you lsited.

EDIT; Fuck america and its diff names for games....

This is for DDR & NOT Beatmania america, Europe had it as a different name

Beatmania is not the DJ style Beatmania as the US had, but the Beat Mania game which was later renamed dance dance revolution in Europe, I assumed they were the same name in both countries. I was wrong. You are voting for Mario Kart Wii v DDR

DDR games are fun for little kids. I never liked anyting like that and think that that whole genre of games is just stupid.

While Mario Kart on the Wii is nowhere near as good as on N64, I still have to vote for it here because it's freaking Mario Kart agaisnt a stupid dancing game.

Er there are two Beatmanias, one is the DJ one and one is the DDR style one. This is the DDR style one and not the one you lsited.

EDIT; Fuck america and its diff names for games....

This is for DDR & NOT Beatmania america, Europe had it as a different name

Thanks for the Clarification! (Lee, check your PM)

My vote still goes out to DDR (with the same reasoning as before) as it itself was still more revolutionary when compared to Mario Kart Wii.

DDR revolution is just... ridiculous. It the most embarrassing game to play in public ever. And it's really not that fun. Wow, step on the pads when they tell you. Fun City, Population: Gamers, right?

Mario Kart Wii, while not the best in the series, is still a really good game in it's own right. And of course, the multi-player is always a blast. Same can't really be said for DDR.
Anyone who votes for DDR should be bant without hesitation, to be honest.

Mario Kart Wii is like the racing version of DDR - a fun, light-hearted game you can play at a party etc. - only thing is Mario Kart Wii sucks compared to the other Mario Kart's (I mean SNES and more specifically N64) - the steering wheel controller is annoying (I know you don't have to use it but it's pretty much part of the game - just look at the cover), whereas DDR is a worldwide phenomenon and accessible to even more people than Mario Kart Wii is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back