C.M.

WrestleMania Main Event
Round 1, ECW:
Taylor/Regal
vs.
Miz/Morrison

No spam and no flaming.​

All ECW matches are conducted under Extreme Rules

Miz and Morrison onto the next round here. They captured tag team gold. Something Regal and Taylor have not done together. They captured the gold and were together IN ECW. They competed in extreme rules matches together. My vote goes to them, right before the inevitable "Regal is a REAL tough guy" argument and clips of him being a Man's Man.

Ugh. Two Commonwealthers have to go out here? too bad. M and M were a great tag team, being one of the most dominant tag teams for a year in the WWE. Not as good as the colons, but still good. Regal and Taylor never made it far, so shouldn't make it past the first round.

Gotta go with Miz/Morr here. They are possibly the best new team of the last 4 or 5 years and have had plenty of success toghether. They gonna be real tough for anyone to beat by anyone.

Regal/Taylor were a pretty cool pairing for a couple of Brits, but they never really did anything except for being involved in some crazy multi team ladder match. They wouldn't bet M/M here.

It's the real M & M here. They're one of the better tag teams in a long time and they win here. REgal is good, but Taylor has never really done anything of note that I can think of. Miz and morrison have a ton of experience and titles to their credit. What do the Bluebloods have? Nothing that I can think of other than accents. It's Miz and Morrison here with the awesome looking Moonlight Drive ending it.

No way I'm voting against Mizorrison here. Miz and JoMo were an awesome pairing and brought some life back to the tag team division. Regal and Taylor were decent, but I can't think of anything they did that was significant as a tag team. So Mizorrison toss the Brits aside here in round 1. And as they always say "in life there are winners (them) and there are losers (Bill and Dave)....BE JEALOUS!"

I voted with the Blue Bloods. They're a solid tag team and the things is... they known submission wrestling and Miz taps like a bitch at the sight of a Regal Stretch or whatever Dave Taylor's submission was. I think it was a variation of a chicken wing and indian death lock? Who knows. I just like to go against the grain every once in a while and pick a solid tag team against a team that's built way too high by the IWC.

Blue Bloods.

Wow. I did not expect so many people to be voting for Miz and Morrison. They were good, very good in fact, but better than Regal and Taylor? Hardly. William Regal is a better wrestler than Miz and Morrison combined, and I'm a fan of both of those men.

Taylor and Regal have literally decades more experience than Miz/Morrison, and both in their prime could take out these two with relative ease. Vote for the Blue Bloods here people.

Despite Regal & Taylor's fighting style may compliment the extreme rules matches, they have not got the endurance factor to last the entire match. Miz & Morrison were one great tag team with good amounts of experience in the ECW world. Morrison is well versed in anything extreme due to the amount of ladder matches he has competed in with MnM, solo & the ECW title run. Miz just sweetens the deal as he is a very sneaky competitor who can pick his spots & outsmart the likes of Regal/Taylor.

Regal may have a lot of experience in the ring alongside Taylor... but you can't go against Morrisons record for his outstanding performances in Extreme Rules matches & Miz's ability to save his own team from defeat. MM for the win here.

Despite Regal & Taylor's fighting style may compliment the extreme rules matches, they have not got the endurance factor to last the entire match. Miz & Morrison were one great tag team with good amounts of experience in the ECW world. Morrison is well versed in anything extreme due to the amount of ladder matches he has competed in with MnM, solo & the ECW title run. Miz just sweetens the deal as he is a very sneaky competitor who can pick his spots & outsmart the likes of Regal/Taylor.

Regal may have a lot of experience in the ring alongside Taylor... but you can't go against Morrisons record for his outstanding performances in Extreme Rules matches & Miz's ability to save his own team from defeat. MM for the win here.

Wow. I'm sorry Falkon, but are you really trying to tell me that the current ECW counts as ECW experience? This is the OLD ECW we're talking about here, the one where there were no rules. To even suggest that Miz & Morrison have the territory advantage here because they were in WWECW is ridiculous.

Again, Regal is better than Miz & Morrison combined, and Taylor is a lethal brawler. Miz & Morrison would be no match for them.

Wow. I'm sorry Falkon, but are you really trying to tell me that the current ECW counts as ECW experience? This is the OLD ECW we're talking about here, the one where there were no rules. To even suggest that Miz & Morrison have the territory advantage here because they were in WWECW is ridiculous.

Again, Regal is better than Miz & Morrison combined, and Taylor is a lethal brawler. Miz & Morrison would be no match for them.

On the contrary X. I have no doubt that Taylor & Regal, especially Regal whom grew up fighting for a name at a young age where rules didn't exist, to win these Extreme Rules matches. However, the young studs of Miz & Morrison will have the better endurance than these guys due to their age. M & M will not go down to lose if anything important is on the line, as we have seen during their title run.

Regal & Taylor can utilise many weapons to their advantage, but Morrison can fly through the air utilising weapons & an arsenal that Regal & Taylor cant touch. Like the ladder, which neither would climb as they were scared of heights. Remember the match when Mercury got his nose blown off?

All I am saying is Morrison knows what to do in an extreme rules match which I count as anything involving weapons legally. He has had many ladder matches & has got the strive to deliver some great offense. Having the Miz in these situations will be able to aid the team as he has been used time & time again to be the man to save the team from demise.

I voted for Miz/Morrison because they're simply better than the Blue Bloods, and Falkon is making me wish I could change my vote. you do know "weapons" doesn't always mean barbwire and ladders, right? It can be...Oh...I don't know...Brass knucks? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I vaguely remember Regal using those a time or two.

Back to my vote. I'm not a fan of Taylor, and I think Regal teaming with Eaton is far better. It'll be a hell of a match, with a lot of unexpected shit happening, but the young guns get my vote.

On the contrary X. I have no doubt that Taylor & Regal, especially Regal whom grew up fighting for a name at a young age where rules didn't exist, to win these Extreme Rules matches. However, the young studs of Miz & Morrison will have the better endurance than these guys due to their age.

Go back and read the rules Falkon. These match ups involve each team in their PRIME. Which means Taylor & Regal in the mid 90s. Young and with just as much endurance as Miz & Morrison.

M & M will not go down to lose if anything important is on the line, as we have seen during their title run.

They held the titles in one of the absolute worst tag divisions in the history of the WWE. No, the worst tag division in WWE history. Whoop-de-doo.

Regal & Taylor can utilise many weapons to their advantage, but Morrison can fly through the air utilising weapons & an arsenal that Regal & Taylor cant touch.

Do you know what you're talking about? What moves does Morrison have his arsenal, aside from fun-looking flips, that Regal doesn't? Regal is twice the wrestler Morrison could hope to be at this point in his career, and there's literally nothing Morrison or Miz could pull that he hasn't seen before.

Like the ladder, which neither would climb as they were scared of heights. Remember the match when Mercury got his nose blown off?

What does a ladder have anything to do with this match? Just because it's extreme rules, doesn't mean weapons will be used. Every ECW match was extreme rules, but not every match was a weapons fest.

All I am saying is Morrison knows what to do in an extreme rules match which I count as anything involving weapons legally.

And Regal doesn't?

He has had many ladder matches & has got the strive to deliver some great offense.

This isn't a ladder match. What does it matter if he has experience climbing ladders?

Having the Miz in these situations will be able to aid the team as he has been used time & time again to be the man to save the team from demise.

And Regal isn't the same? He constantly found a way to win, be it with the brass knuckles or rolling up the tights, Regal is a dirty player, and he will do anything to win. He's just as conniving as Miz, more so in fact.

Miz & Morrison wasn't even Morrison's best tag team. They don't have what it takes to knock off Regal and Taylor.

Go back and read the rules Falkon. These match ups involve each team in their PRIME. Which means Taylor & Regal in the mid 90s. Young and with just as much endurance as Miz & Morrison.

Just because I have a few warnings & an infraction... oh wait, where am I going with this? Oh well. There is a flawed argument you have. The wrestlers of today are much more versed in being able to achieve more in matches than others from the past. Sure, the matches were longer... but the amount of work put into wrestling these days go a lot further & more bang for your buck concerning match time. If Miz & Morrison are able to get in the offense quick, expect the Blue Bloods to not make any comeback. Slow paced wrestling doesn't do wonders for Regal & Taylor as M/M like to go a little faster.

They held the titles in one of the absolute worst tag divisions in the history of the WWE. No, the worst tag division in WWE history. Whoop-de-doo

A tag team title run is better than no tag team title run. You earn a title, you must be doing something right in your respected division... even if the division isn't respected. Might I add, that Taylor/Regal competed in a similar division & won squat.

Do you know what you're talking about? What moves does Morrison have his arsenal, aside from fun-looking flips, that Regal doesn't? Regal is twice the wrestler Morrison could hope to be at this point in his career, and there's literally nothing Morrison or Miz could pull that he hasn't seen before.

Regal is a brawler whose moves can knock you out. I get this. However, Morrison is able to move & has the agility, speed & stamina to fly & perform things that Regal cannot do anything about. He is too slow to realise what Morrison can do before having a counter plan ready. Regal works slowly & aggresively. Defense is not a strong side of Regal, whereas Morrison is half & half.

As for the Miz, he can sneak around the slower Regal. He might catch him, but knowing the Miz, he is smarter than that to not get caught.

What does a ladder have anything to do with this match? Just because it's extreme rules, doesn't mean weapons will be used. Every ECW match was extreme rules, but not every match was a weapons fest.

Ohkay then. Miz knows how to cheat to gain the victory. He has made a name for himself in finding a way to win with the least amount of effort possible. So has Regal & possibly Talyor. They both have back-up plans that can ensure a victory if all goes wrong. However, Miz is more sneaky & sly than Regal & has much more speed & stealth than Regal has... even when considering their primes.

Oh, since it is extreme rules... I can safely assume that Morrison & Miz will do anything to get the victory. The best way to ensure this is for Morrison to find something that can do this very easily & thats a ladder. I am allowed to consider this.

And Regal doesn't?

He does. Great rebuttals here.

This isn't a ladder match. What does it matter if he has experience climbing ladders?

It is an extreme rules match. Ladders can be involved. Knowing Morrison's experience, they will be involved undoubtedly. The climbing of the ladders is something that M/M can use to distract Regal/Taylor during the match. Have Morrison climb up on & whilst the Blue Bloods are focussed on knocking over the ladder you have the sneaky sly Miz take them down. Simple physics.

And Regal isn't the same? He constantly found a way to win, be it with the brass knuckles or rolling up the tights, Regal is a dirty player, and he will do anything to win. He's just as conniving as Miz, more so in fact.

[The bold word]: Getting tired? :lmao:

[My argument]: Miz & Regal both know how to sneak around the ring & can steal a victory. They aren't the best, but are on the same level somewhat. I am taking into account the fact that Miz has the speed to combat Regal & taking down his plans before Regal is able to execute anything. Regal has smarts to counteract it, but Miz knows better than not to take the Regal lightly.

Miz & Morrison wasn't even Morrison's best tag team. They don't have what it takes to knock off Regal and Taylor.

And Regal/Taylor wasn't the best tag team of Regal's. They had very little experience together & were unsuccessful. They have tag team knowledge, but the chemistry these two shared wasn't on the same level as Miz & Morrison.

Just because you say so... doesn't make it right. Regal & Taylor will have a good fight against Miz & Morrison. Their stamina will outlast the veterans, even when considering their primes.

Just because I have a few warnings & an infraction... oh wait, where am I going with this? Oh well. There is a flawed argument you have. The wrestlers of today are much more versed in being able to achieve more in matches than others from the past.

Well that's absolutely ridiculous. Name me even one time Morrison or Miz have wrestled for 30+ minutes, or in a technical match up. They haven't. Ever. Regal has.

Sure, the matches were longer... but the amount of work put into wrestling these days go a lot further & more bang for your buck concerning match time. If Miz & Morrison are able to get in the offense quick, expect the Blue Bloods to not make any comeback. Slow paced wrestling doesn't do wonders for Regal & Taylor as M/M like to go a little faster.

...How long have you been watching wrestling Falkon? Because I'm starting to get the idea that you don't know what you're talking about. At all. "The amount of work put into wrestling these days goes a lot further"...how do you figure? Wrestling really hasn't changed very much in the last 20 years.

Regal is a brawler whose moves can knock you out. I get this.

Apparently not. Apparently you don't actually know very much about William Regal. A brawler? Hardly, he's a renowned technical wrestler. He can brawl with the best of them, but technical wrestling and submissions is his forte and always has been.

However, Morrison is able to move & has the agility, speed & stamina to fly & perform things that Regal cannot do anything about.

Sure he can. Regal can move out of the way. Morrison's high flying offense is similar to Jeff Hardy's in that it's a crash and burn type of offense. If he doesn't hit a move, he's going to hurt himself big time. All it takes is Regal moving out of the way of one of Morrison's high flying moves and JoMo could be out for the rest of the match. High risk wrestlers face just that--- high risks.

He is too slow to realise what Morrison can do before having a counter plan ready.

Hardly. Regal has beaten quick wrestlers before. It's not like John Morrison is Rey Mysterio here.

Regal works slowly & aggresively. Defense is not a strong side of Regal, whereas Morrison is half & half.

Defense isn't a strong side of Regal? And what are you basing that assumption off of? Mind showing me evidence of this claim?

Ohkay then. Miz knows how to cheat to gain the victory. He has made a name for himself in finding a way to win with the least amount of effort possible. So has Regal & possibly Talyor. They both have back-up plans that can ensure a victory if all goes wrong. However, Miz is more sneaky & sly than Regal & has much more speed & stealth than Regal has... even when considering their primes.

I don't see how Miz is more sly than Regal. Because he can put a mask on and win his job back? Because he can hide under the ring during a battle royal? So what? Regal made a name for himself in the WWF for being one of the dirtiest players the game has ever seen.

Oh, since it is extreme rules... I can safely assume that Morrison & Miz will do anything to get the victory. The best way to ensure this is for Morrison to find something that can do this very easily & thats a ladder. I am allowed to consider this.

They grab a ladder. Okay. They use it as a weapon. Okay. But there's no titles hanging up there for them to climb and get...the ladder is just another piece of steel no different from a chair. It's really not much of an advantage.

It is an extreme rules match. Ladders can be involved. Knowing Morrison's experience, they will be involved undoubtedly. The climbing of the ladders is something that M/M can use to distract Regal/Taylor during the match. Have Morrison climb up on & whilst the Blue Bloods are focussed on knocking over the ladder you have the sneaky sly Miz take them down. Simple physics.

I'm sorry, but that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard in any of these tournaments. M/M are going to set up a ladder (in a match that ISN'T a ladder match), and start climbing it...and this is going to distract the Blue Bloods? Why? They could just leisurely walk away from the ladder...problem solved. "Simple physics"? Not really. More like grasping at straws.

And Regal/Taylor wasn't the best tag team of Regal's. They had very little experience together & were unsuccessful. They have tag team knowledge, but the chemistry these two shared wasn't on the same level as Miz & Morrison.

Lol, very little experience? Regal/Taylor have nearly a decade of tag-team experience with each other. Much, much more experience and chemistry than Miz & Morrison.

This is for Miz and Morrison to win, definitely.The blue bloods were better as Eaton and Regal, and they never really enjoyed any tag success. I know Miz and Morrison were competing against poor tag teams, but they'd have been good in just about any era. Not to mention the fact that Dave Taylor and Regal were part of WCW when I could have won a title if I wanted one, and they still didn't win the tag titles.

I took M and M here. M and M are faster, more elusive, and younger. Regal and Taylor are getting up there in age and I dont no if they can keep up with M and M. M and M will be losing entire match and make a comeback in the end for the W.

Miz and Morrison have to win here. Regal is good but he's never been that big. Miz and Morrison worked very well together with a lot of double teaming moves. Miz and Morrison are the best tag team we've had in recent years and are both building singles stars right now, this has to be a win for them. I'm not sure how far they'll go in the comp but they should certainly win here.

Though they have teamed in the past, I feel that Taylor may be the weak link here against M & M. Like KenDon and LonDrick, Morrison and Miz won both the WWE and World Tag Titles, but the difference is John and Mike are still here and are still on their way up in their careers. Regal and Taylor are great in-ring Wrestlers, but I think the Miz and Morrison will pull this off.

The ECW of today's world =/= the ECW in which this contest is being contested. Saying that Miz and Morrison were dominant in today's ECW and so would be better in an Extreme Rules match up is like saying Chavo was champion, so he would be as well. /facepalm

I'm going with Regal/Taylor, simply because Regal could take both single-handedly, and Taylor wouldn't even have to get into the damn match. Regal has how many more decades of experience? For reals guys.

...Shit. The poll is closed. Nevermind my opinion then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back