Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Round 1, ECW:
Owen Hart & Yokozuna
vs.
Tyson Tomko & Rhyno

No spam and no flaming.​

Interesting. Very interesting.

I'm going with the former champs here. Rhyno is a force in ECW, but Tomko just isn't even close to anyone's league here. While Yoko and Rhyno brawl somewhere in the arena, Owen would work Tomko like he was a ball of clay. It's just not a fair match-up...

Owen was a great wrestler in his own right & always delivered when the time was needed. His technical skills in the ring weren't shabby neither & knew how to work the ring & his opponents. Yokozuna is just huge, quite simply. No-one would be able to take down at all.

However, in the ECW territory where no rules apply... you have Rhyno whom came from the old skewl company back in the day & didn't do too bad. He has the brute force, great power for his size & knows how to work an Extreme Rules match. Tomko is a great addition to the team as he compliments everything Rhyno holds for the team. He may not have weapon experience, but he is able to hold his own from what he can do in the ring via dirty tactics.

I love Tomko. Underrated and had breakout star potential in TNA for a little while during the Angle-Christian saga but management never capitalized on it. Too bad. Not only that but there was a point where Tomko was part of TWO of the best tag teams going at the time on two different continents (w/AJ Styles and Giant Bernard). The man deserves respect which he'll get none of here against a second rate World Champion in Yoko and the overrated in death Owen Hart. Rhino isn't the greatest partner, but I'm certain Tomko's ability to adapt to different partners with GREAT success will be very handy for that duo. Couple that with the possible x-factor of Rhyno's ECW experience and I see an upset. Tomko and Rhyno are victorious.

I'm a fan of both Tomko and Rhino individually, but as a team... I can't put them over the awesomeness that was Yokozuna and Owen Hart.

'Zuna & Hart were just so unique. On one hand, you had this huge, agile man who could crush anyone that stepped in that ring with him. And on the other, you this intelligent, conniving, high flyer who would go to any lengths to win a match. What a fucking tandem, huh? Damn near impossible for any team to defeat.

And as workers, forget about. They were both just terrific. Honestly, thinking about it, there aren't many teams I'd vote over these two.

I am not sure who to pick. Zuna I hated as a kid, but that means he was working. Owen I loved as a kid, and that means I am Canadian.

I like the team of Rhyno and Tomko here, and listed them as the best potential tag team out of the wold cards in my thread, that on one cared about:(. But try and gore or lift up Yokuzuna, and you will fail. And we all know these two would try that, trying to get over. HarZuna wins with the sharpshooter.

All I wanna see is Rhyno GORE GORE GORE Yokozuna through a table. That would be f'n epic. And if that would happen, I think Rhyno and Tomko would win this match. Will it happen? I don't know. Hart and Yoko are pretty bad ass. But I think Tomko controls Owen for just the right amount of time that Rhyno can nail the Gore on Yoko and Rhyno and Goat (Tomko's crazy goatee...get it lol) get the upset.

Owen and Yoko have experience as a Team and they were great doing it. Tomko has experience in a team as well and Rhyno is pretty much a god when it comes to ECW.

That being said I have to give the edge and the win to Owen & Yoko. They were actually a team and I actually see the ECW environment favoring them more. Owen & Yoko win this very close match

No way you can vote against Owenzuna here. They're a perfect combination; Yokozuna has the unbelievable power, and Hart is both technically sound and fast on his feet. There's nothing Tomko or Rhyno could throw at those two that could take them out. Sorry ECW and TNA fans, Tomko and Rhyno don't stand a chance here. Yokozuna could just sit on them and they'd pretty much be done. Having 700 lbs sitting on your chest isn't fun.

Owenzuna all the way here.

I've always thought Yoko and Owen were overrated as a team, but I'm going with them here. Rhyno was a god in ECW, but there's no way that the gore works on Yoko, plain and simple. He's just too damn fat. Adding in Owen with his speed and athletic ability, and going against the overrated Tomko, there's no way the TNA/ECW team wins this. Owen and Yoko move on.

Tomko and Rhyno are two power wrestlers who aren't very big, or very good, and Yokozuna is a massive unit. When he was at the stage he was in this team, Owen was the strongest he had ever been. It is as simple as that really. Tomko and Rhyno would probably have quite good chemistry, but I have absolutely no reason to believe that n their first match they could overcome a guy like Yoko, ECW rules or not.

To me i think Rhyno and Tomko would win this one, i believe Rhyno would quickly gore Owen Through a table then just double team yoko then he'd be hit with a gore!!!!!!.

Yeah, Hart and Yokozuna here. While Rhyno and Tomko aren't bad they just don't have the power and strength of Yokozuna, no way a gore is putting him down and Owen has more athletic ability than both Rhyno and Tomko. The team of Hart and Yokozuna win this although I think Rhyno and Tomko could do some damage with ECW rules, they still lose though.

Tomko and Rhyno are both power wrestlers. Yokozuna's size neutralizes both of them. Beyond that, what do either of them have left? Exactly, nothing.

I think Hart's technical skills are enough to keep him out of trouble long enough to get every tag to Zuna. Once Yokozuna is in, I think he causes enough damage to finish them off on his own, or get over to Hart to finish the match.

No way the Cracked Foundation loses this one. See what I did there. I played off the name of the Hart Foundation and how Yokozuna is fat and could crack a foundation. I amaze myself sometimes.

Anyway, with the speed of the Rocket and the power and size of Yoko, this isn't a close matchup with two guys that depend on power moves to win. Tomko and Rhyno would put up a great fight, but it'd be a moot point. Mind you, Yoko and Owen won Tag Team gold together and were a great tag team that worked well together also. Tomko and Rhyno would probably fight each other.

BANZAI, fTW.

I know i might get abit of heat for this, but I had to go with Rhyno and Tyson Tomko. Rhyno was a former Heavyweight Champion in ECW and pounded the road at ECW for years facing some of the toughest hardcores along the way and Tomko is a brawler, he can't wrestle but he can brawl. Owen is a polished wrestler and mightn't be able to go as far as Rhyno and Tomko would go. Yokozuna is too big and would find this very hard to sustain the cardio the others would work.

I’m going to have to go with the established team here. It’s always an advantage to already know your partner and everything about them in the ring. It’s even more of an advantage to have experience with that partner and winning Championships would prove that theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back