• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Romney At It Again

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
As you likely have heard, the US Embassy in Libya was attacked last night and 4 Americans, including the ambassador to Libya, were killed. This happened yesterday.

Mitt Romney already has issued an attack on Obama over it. Well why shouldn't he? I mean, the people have been dead over 12 hours. Clearly enough time has gone by before it can be made a political issue, right?

Everything is made a political issue by all sides, and sometimes quickly. More so during an election season that is coming to a close quickly. I don't see why this would be any different. I wouldn't doubt Obama would have done the same if Romney were the incumbent.

I know it's to be expected, and that's what makes it awful. There are some things that it's ok to leave alone for a few minutes.

I know it's to be expected, and that's what makes it awful. There are some things that it's ok to leave alone for a few minutes.
American politics by definition is an awful thing. No doubt about that, but I like to keep things on the issues and not anything else. That's what bugs me more than anything is when the campaign gets focused more on other things.

So I just read Romney's words...what a ********. Is Romney suggesting we go to war with Libya, because of the actions of those who are thought to be part of a terrorist network? What the fuck is Romney even saying?

Fuck him. I was never going to vote for him, but at least I was under the impression he was a decent guy. But fuck him for this. To politicize the death of an American ambassador only minutes after 9/11, using faulty information is just downright wrong.

I've asked it before, and I'll ask it again. This jackass doesn't actually have any plausible chance in this election, does he? A little frightening if he does, in a Sarah Palin sort of way.

So I just read Romney's words...what a ********. Is Romney suggesting we go to war with Libya, because of the actions of those who are thought to be part of a terrorist network? What the fuck is Romney even saying?

Fuck him. I was never going to vote for him, but at least I was under the impression he was a decent guy. But fuck him for this. To politicize the death of an American ambassador only minutes after 9/11, using faulty information is just downright wrong.

I find Bush to be one of the worst presidents ever, but a few days after 9/11 he gave a speech saying that Islam isn't about killing and Muslims don't want to kill you and that the hijackers were insane extremists. I can't give him credit for much, but that speech and his actions probably kept a lot of racism and religious discrimination from happening.

I've asked it before, and I'll ask it again. This jackass doesn't actually have any plausible chance in this election, does he? A little frightening if he does, in a Sarah Palin sort of way.

He does have a chance. It's getting slimmer every day, but there is indeed still a chance of it. Basically his Battle of the Bulge is October 3 with the first presidential debate.

No he doesn't. Absolutely none. There is not a single unbiased commentator capable of doing electoral math who considers a Romney victory a realistic possibility.

And yeah; this one pissed me off a bit. Romney's remarks were callow, opportunistic and to be quite frank... mean. I don't know if I'm irreparably biased on account of being European and therefore finding the American right wing terrifying; but Romney's remarks just made his sound like a cunt to me. Before hand I had no opinion on the man one way or the other. Obviously I opposed him on just about every issue, but I make an effort to separate politics from personality even if the politicians don't.

Now though; I think he's a jackass and I'll be glad when he loses.

It's not like we ever started a war against an entire country because of the actions of a terrorist group stationed there before, or anything.

There was a tweet on the bottom of MSNBC that sums this up very well:

"Do you ever want Romney to have the red button?"

We are just the worst at foreign relations. I understand entirely why Washington told us to stay the fuck out of that. We are bad at it.

Also, terrible political system. Romney's a complete cunt and he's still going to get 48+ percent of the votes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back