ROH Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

attila

Getting Noticed By Management
I know the thread title makes me sound like a WWE/TNA, high-quality production gives me an orgasm mark, but thats not what this is. Rather I want to know who's fkn idea it was to start doing ROH events with those friggin flood lights on each corner of the arena. Ever since ROH started doing this, its been about 18-24 months now, I have been killing myself trying to figure out why the hell they did this.

They are spending more money to have these lights moved around from one arena to the next, setting them up and operating them and it all makes no sense. All the lights do is cheapen the look of the event by making the arenas all dark and grungy. But not even that bothers me. What does bother me is the fact that every time I watch a match on DVD those lights provide a sharp and domineering glare on the camera. It makes ROH that much less watchable, especially considering that I can't see the wrestlers do their thing some times becoz I've got the glare from those lights consuming the view of the camera.

I love ROH, by far my favorite wrestling promotion, but in all honesty why spend more money to make the product look bad and make it less watchable for the diehards that spend their hard-earned money buying DVD after DVD after DVD. It makes no sense to me. Even early ROH DVDs with those crappy little camcorders is easier on the eye than the updated shit used today all becoz of those fucking lights. I know I'm being picky and whining over basically nothing, but it is such an easy fix.

Does this bother anyone else??

I love ROH. Personally, I DO NOT want to see TNA wrestlers in ROH anymore! Sure TNA has great athletes, but they're TNA wrestlers, and I'd like to see ROH with indy guys trying to get to the top, not guys who have already "graduated" from the indy and stepped into the higher leagues more as stars instead of indy wrestlers.

MadMetal said:
I love ROH. Personally, I DO NOT want to see TNA wrestlers in ROH anymore! Sure TNA has great athletes, but they're TNA wrestlers, and I'd like to see ROH with indy guys trying to get to the top, not guys who have already "graduated" from the indy and stepped into the higher leagues more as stars instead of indy wrestlers.

I understand what you're saying, but I disagree. Simply because a wrestler has graduated to the major leagues does not mean he's restricted from going back to his "roots" - so to speak. That's like saying that wrestlers with contracts to a big fed aren't allowed to take indy bookings simply because they're already contracted to someone else. It would be great if some of the WWE talent went permitted to take ROH bookings. Imagine seeing a guy like Shelton Benjamin, RVD, and some ROH alumni back where they came from. ROH always puts on great matches and to tell a wrestler that they are not allowed to put on a great match in an indy league is bogus. That's like saying that bands who've made it big aren't allowed to play at smaller venues. It's wonderful that TNA and ROH have somewhat of a working relationship.

Onto the topic, ROH DVD's are inarguable lower quality. I try not to let it bother me. ROH is the best wrestling fed out there and I do my best to concentrate on the quality of the wrestling as opposed to the presentation.

Brilliance In Supremacy said:
I understand what you're saying, but I disagree. Simply because a wrestler has graduated to the major leagues does not mean he's restricted from going back to his "roots" - so to speak. That's like saying that wrestlers with contracts to a big fed aren't allowed to take indy bookings simply because they're already contracted to someone else. It would be great if some of the WWE talent went permitted to take ROH bookings. Imagine seeing a guy like Shelton Benjamin, RVD, and some ROH alumni back where they came from. ROH always puts on great matches and to tell a wrestler that they are not allowed to put on a great match in an indy league is bogus. That's like saying that bands who've made it big aren't allowed to play at smaller venues. It's wonderful that TNA and ROH have somewhat of a working relationship.

Onto the topic, ROH DVD's are inarguable lower quality. I try not to let it bother me. ROH is the best wrestling fed out there and I do my best to concentrate on the quality of the wrestling as opposed to the presentation.

True to that, but I wish indy feds could be indy again.... ROH is starting to lose that side highly! Sometimes I just want to escape from the WWE & their problems as well as TNA & their antagonizing towards the WWE that makes me puke, so I want to watch something that's just pure mainstream and away from all of the current BS and still enjoy wrestling in the "indy side".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back