ROH Main Event Scene

K_VonFong

Dark Match Winner
A few months ago, I didn't think ROH's main event scene looked very promising. I wasn't sure where'd they go and if they had any legit draws to carry the company.

However, within the past month or so things have started to change. They've signed a few guys, pushed forward with a few others, and now the main-event scene is taking shape and looking pretty solid. You've got the champ Roderick Strong, Christopher Daniels, Davey Richards, Austin Aries, and now Homicide. Also there's the Kings of Wrestling and the World's Greatest Tag Team - each individual a potential world title contender. Eddie Edwards, Kevin Steen, and Delirious could be pushed into the main-event in the future as well.

So, what do you think of ROH's World Title picture? Promising? Seems like ROH always has the ability to reload after they lose big-time guys.

And who do you feel are the top 4-5 main-eventers on the roster right now? I'd pick Christopher Daniels, Davey Richards, Shelton Benjamin, Austin Aries, and Chris Hero as my top 5 (not in any order). But again, ROH has a lot of options currently and that's a very good thing.

The main event scene right now in ROH is fantastic. Even without Tyler Black, you still got great wrestlers at the top that would easily make you forget about Tyler Black. Roderick Strong, Austin Aries, Christopher Daniels, Homicide, Davey Richards, The Kings Of Wrestling, and maybe Haas & Benjamin are all you need for great main events and a solid main event scene. And you also got the future stars; Kenny King, Eddie Edwards, Erick Stevens, maybe Kenny Omega, and Kevin Steen who all have bright futures. And it'll probably get better as ROH grows and new stars are signed up. I'm loving it...

The future of the main event is very promising. Ask me this a week ago and my answer might have been different. But with the return of Homicide and the announcement of Davey Richards staying helped out a lot. Add in the guys who were already main event players or on the verge of main eventing only adds to the depth of the scene at the moment. Ring of Honor has as many as 10 guys who could be in the main event on any given show, and as many as six or seven who could possibly hold the belt. So the main event scene should be strong (no pun intended) for a very, very long time.

I think that the ROH Main Event scene looks be very good right now, if you would've asked this question my answer would have been very different. Tyler was leaving to the WWE, Strong was rumored to be going to TNA, and Davey Richards was going to retire. Now the after Glory By Honor IX Strong is the new champ, Richards is not retiring and is going to after the belt. Homicide is back is in ROH and is definitely going to be in the Main Event scene add in guys like Daniels, Aries, and Steen can all be Main Event players, The ROH Main Event Scene looks Very Good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back