ROH Is Getting Filthier

Papa Pillman

I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/08/tom-lawlor-roh-wrestling-ring-of-honor-ufc/

According to TMZ Sports the UFC has given "Filthy" Tom Lawlor permission to negotiate a permanent contract to work with ROH in his MMA downtime. Lawlor has recently become the de facto third member of reDRagon, the current ROH World Tag Team Champions. Lawlor managed the team of O'Reilly and Fish at War of the Worlds, helping them regain their titles against the Young Bucks. The deal would allow him to continue to work as a manager for the team and possibly wrestle in some capacity, as Lawlor has been training in pro wrestling for years, has worked indy matches in the past for small companies, and has discussed forming a tag team with fellow UFC star and parttime pro wrestler Josh Barnett.

For those unfamiliar with Lawlor, he is one of MMA's most over-the-top entertaining personalities, is an avid pro wrestling enthusiast, and fits perfectly with reDRagon. Here are a few video examples...

Lawlor, Fish, and O'Reilly post WotW:

Lawlor spoofing the infamous Shockmaster fail at a UFC weigh-in:

Lawlor doing a Hogan entrance before a UFC bout against Aaron Simpson in 2010:

As you can probably gather this move should be all kinds of win. And as far as MMA/ROH crossovers go, it sure beats the hell out of featuring Dan Severn as a focal point to create heat for a world title feud in 2011.

I'm totally lost with MMA, but didn't they all hate wrestling? When did that pull a 180?

I was skeptical of Lawlor until WOTW. The moment he not only caught me and all ROH fans' attention is when he took the low blow from The Young Bucks and sold it throughout the match, even at the end - when has any wrestler, let alone a UFC fighter sold a low blow for an entire 15 minute match? Dude looks like he's enjoying himself, is an obvious wrestling fan and is a welcomed addition to ROH as a manager. As a wrestler? It would be good for publicity but I wouldn't be too fond on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back