ROH at MSG

GhettoV1

Pre-Show Stalwart
I wonder if ROH plans on schedule future live events at MSG after WrestleMania weekend this year?

I doubt it, i feel they went their because they knew it would be a sell out since A lot of the mania crowd are also part of the IWC and that i would be easier to get fans to buy tickets to for the show during that period. Plus at the time when they decided to do the show at MSG, they still had a lot of the big draws under contract or had hope of having them on the show through their relationship with New japan. It's not the case anymore and most of those talents have signs with AEW.
So it's not as interesting a product as it was back in august.

If they lose their partnership with new japan, they are pretty much a dead brand at this point because a lot of the attraction with ROH is that you get to see the new japan guys wrestled the ROH guys. A lot will change in the next few months and ROH will be the first to feel the effect of it.

ROH has to develop their undercard to build them future stars. Guys like Silas Young, Dalton Castle and Matt Taven had to play the background while other hotter talents were pushed ie BTE. Villan Enterprises is underdeveloped as is ROH's new stable Lifeblood. BTE being in ROH though it wss an extremely hot act, the rest of the roster was underdeveloped because of this.
Jay Lethal is ROH poster boy but contenders due to not being built up due to jot enough TV time due to BTE and SCU taking up spots are underwhelming at the present.
An easy fix for ROH would be to structure each division so that way talents don't go underdeveloped yet they don't suffer from over exposure.
World Title picture should reflect the tenure of ROH talents. Jay Lethal, Dalton Castle, Silas Young, Matt Taven, Jay Briscoe,PJ Black, and Rush. Guys who have been the backbone of the company and could potentially be the backbone of ROH.
TV title Kenny King, Johnathan Gresham,Jeff Cobb, Flip Gordon,Bully Ray,Dragon Lee, Colt Cabana,Tracy Williams,,Shane Taylor and Mark Briscoe.
Tag team division The Kingdom, Villian Enterprises, The Boys, The Bouncers, Coast2Coast. Guys like this should not be thrown in meaningless 3man tag teams that should be for the undercard. I have a problem with the ROH six man titles as theirs no true depth to that division. Just having them titles has hurt the development of every division above it. In closing ROH has t6p restructure each division so they don't ever have to face this issue again of losing star power. Bcus in truth for a lot of ppl who bought tickets to the ROH MSG show did so on belief BTE would be there.

I doubt it, i feel they went their because they knew it would be a sell out since A lot of the mania crowd are also part of the IWC and that i would be easier to get fans to buy tickets to for the show during that period. Plus at the time when they decided to do the show at MSG, they still had a lot of the big draws under contract or had hope of having them on the show through their relationship with New japan. It's not the case anymore and most of those talents have signs with AEW.
So it's not as interesting a product as it was back in august.

If they lose their partnership with new japan, they are pretty much a dead brand at this point because a lot of the attraction with ROH is that you get to see the new japan guys wrestled the ROH guys. A lot will change in the next few months and ROH will be the first to feel the effect of it.

If they keep evolving and growing it could happen again...I don't see it anytime soon though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back