Who Wins This Match?

• Sting

• Road Dogg

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
This is a first round match in the Rock Region, Phoenix. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, Arizona.

talkingstick.jpg

b4b08b59c544558ebbf07b9c28e0aed6.png

#2. Sting

Vs.

nfmztrdtpif19jhynhml.jpg

#31. Road Dogg

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

OHHH YOU DIDN'T KNOW! That Road Dogg has no shot in this match, as much as it pains me to say.

Road Dogg was a tag team competitor for the majority of his career and did really nothing as a singles guy. A few hardcore title reigns, I think one random ass IC title win. Yeah he was part of one of the greatest groups of all time, but he was clearly number 4 in that pecking order.

Sting on the other hand, is one of the greatest in nearly all aspects. His connection with the crowd was unmatched by anybody not named Hogan, Austin, Rock, or Bryan. He was the #2 guy behind Flair in early WCW and graciously stepped aside for Hogan when he came in as the #1 face. His reaction upon debuting in WWE after 15 years away from the spotlight proves his legacy. Sting will have it tough in the later rounds, but he walks by Road Dogg easily.

Vote Sting. Although I doubt I'll have to convince anybody.

This is one of the easiest, if not the easiest match in the first round. There is 0 way Road Dogg could ever match it with Sting in the ring to get even close to a victory. Dogg is cool, don't get me wrong. Very popular but when it comes to everything else Sting is head of shoulders. I feel you don't even need to make much of an argument for this. Arguably WCWs greatest superstar against some midcard/tag team guy. I would be very surprised if Road Dogg got a vote at all.

Road Dogg was, in my opinion, in the top 5 mic workers of the attitude era. Foley, Austin and Rock may have been better, but he's in their league if not better than a couple of them. The trouble is, he didn't have much beyond that. This is why he was a fantastic member of the New Age Outlaws and the wider DX family - he could offer the group a great asset and they could cover his weaknesses. I am sure he once competed against The Rock for the WWF title on Raw, but with little fanfare.

Sting is one of the best wrestlers as a total package from the same time. In a mic skills contest, this would be close. In any other form of competition, Sting dominates it.

I had Road Doog on my list, and I'm stil amazed he made it in. That just goes to show how little chance he actually has here. Sting wins this in under 45 seconds.

Sting is one of the hardest to pin point when his actual prime was. Was it Surfer Sting when he was beating Flair and others on a regular basis or was it Crow Sting when he was probably the most popular wrestler in the world for a time beating the nWo?

Doesn't really matter cause any Sting would beat Road Dogg simple enough.

Vote Sting.

The guy who took on the entire NWO during his mid life crisis, or the guy who wore funny pants?

We all know Sting takes this one despite Road Dogg being a highlight of the Attitude Era.

Road Dogg has a great career in the NAO and by extension DX, but Sting is a #2 seed for good reason. There wasn't much a prime Stinger couldn't do. From beating guys the size of Vader, to teaming with Lex Luger, to winning world titles. Sting takes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back