Rey MysterioTo Raw

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Rey Mysterio To Raw

Triple H defeated Mark Henry for the first Draft pick, for Raw. They recieved Rey Mysterio. I myself had a feeling that he'd move. He's one of the only wrestlers that hasn't moved brands. So it was inevitable at some point. I don't think he'll get nowhere near as big a push as he did on Smackdown. But this certainly sets up some intresting matches. If they aren't potentially great, anything involving him has a curiosity factor.

In my opinion, this confirms in my mind that Cena is moving to Smackdown. You can't have your two big merchandise and kid friendly stars on the same show. It would kill Smackdown in the youth area.

As far as Mysterio. Good move. I've enjoyed his matches on Raw with Shawn Michaels, and his run in with Triple H at the Rumble was great. It probably will be a matter of a few months before he gets shit on for being too much like Cena. Anyways, good move, I'm glad to see Rey Rey back on live TV.

In my opinion, this confirms in my mind that Cena is moving to Smackdown. You can't have your two big merchandise and kid friendly stars on the same show. It would kill Smackdown in the youth area.

Hadn't thought of that. Yeah it's almost confirmed now.

I'm pretty excited about Rey on Raw. The things I don't like about him aren't anything to do with his ability. It's his sucking up to fans, and main event push. As Raw is a talk show, and he can't talk very well. That's all but eliminated that. He'll healine, but it won't be very often. He's all but upper mid card now. Best place for him. I'm intrigued about Rey vs. Jericho '08.

I thought the same thing, and it makes sense.

However, ask yourself this. When was the last time Rey was regular on Smackdown? I mean, is the WWE really losing out on that much on Smackdown considering Rey hasn't been there regularly in like 2 years? With Raw's rating needing boosting, it wouldn't surprise me if Cena stays put, while Rey comes over.

Plus, add that to Jeff Hardy moving to Smackdown (Hardy being a big merch guy) I wouldn't say it's as clear cut that Cena's going to Smackdown as you say.

Hardy is huge with just about everyone so there was no need to move Cena when it comes to merch. Same goes for Triple H, really.

I like the move. Should be fun to see Rey enter some new feuds.

I was a little surprised by this move to be honest, as I thought he was needed on Smackdown for the Latino and Kiddie viewers. Im excited for this one. All the great potential matchups here as in Cena vs. Rey, HBK vs. Rey, and my personal favorite Jericho vs. Rey. They could relive their WCW days and fight it out for the Interconitnental Title. Then Rey could move on to a fued with C.M. Punk for the title. Overall a really good move here.

Good Pick?Yes.Rey has become stale and boring to watch on smackdown and he needed new oppentents.Lets face it-Underdog matches can only go so far when you win them all.

But one thing I am disapointed about is the fact that the La Famila storyline with Rey didn't conclude.I was almost sure it would lead to a title match with Rey also gettining banned from Smackdown like Taker.But ah well,you can't win them all.Rey is entertaining a fresh new world with new faces(and heels :lmao:).This gets the DJ seal of Approval.

SO if Cena doesn't move to Smackdown, that leaves Raw with the two biggest draws going at present. This is really going to hurt Smackdown's rating as they have just lost a major kid and more importantly Hispanic draw.

That being said, Rey has faced everyone on SD and the main event scene on Raw seems to be dominated by some smaller guys so it would be more credible to see him on Raw vs HBK or Y2J.

It's a good move overall, could make some good match ups like people have stated. Im thinking that it will just be Ray moving and no Cena just because how Raw has been losing its viewers as of late so they want to give it a bit of a boost, of course this screws SD over but lets be honest whats new?

I suppose Jeff Hardy's move to SD somewhat balances out the loss of kid-friendly ratings winners. Overall though I like the move of Rey to Raw as it will mix up the IC/Main event scene on Raw which, let's be honest, definately needed it

Say hello to your new IC champ. Probably at NOC. If he is ready to come back that is. There are TONS of good matches we can get out of Rey on RAW, one of which is him Vs HBK, which I dont belive we have ever seen before. Rey Vs Jericho on Sunday could be a sleeper for MOTN, depending on how rusty Rey is. I cant see him coming anywere near the main event scene, but could certainley fill the nightly quality control role. Another good move, as there wasnt much for him left to do on SD!.

I honestly don't see a purpose for Rey on Raw. He won't be in the Main Event picture, seeing as how they already have Batista, Cena, and Orton when he returns. He could be in the Intercontinental Title hunt, but I just don't see him winning it anytime soon. I think he was better served on SmackDown where he could feud with Chavo and Edge, who are more his size, and more likely for him to believably beat.

I think he was better on Smackdown as well. I would have loved to see Jeff Hardy vs Rey Mysterio.

But I'm sure RAW will be fine for Rey, though I don't see him in the main event scene. Guys like Cena and Batista are to big for Rey to believably beat. Hopefully he feuds with Chris Jericho and has some awesome matches like their WCW days.

Another great move. Rey was very stale on Smackdown but is super fresh on Raw. My only problem is that Mysterio will be easily forgotten about on Raw and will only be a mid carder and nothing else. I think he is a low main eventer ( a main eventer that shouldnt win a world title). Im looking forward to Rey vs Punk, Rey vs HBK, Rey vs Cena, Rey vs Randy Orton and many more.

Hopefully he doesnt get injured.. again!!

I am happy for this move to take place, Rey needed to move and do something different. On Raw, Rey will have new opportunities along with the new fueds he will be in. Hopefully he will be pushed for an IC title run.

As much as I like the move, I don't think that Rey will be able to get too far on Raw. Raw is way overstacked with big stars, and there is no way that he will be put in the hunt for the title any time soon.

Hopefully Rey's Raw opportunities won't be short lived. (Pun intended). I am really hoping for an IC title run, because Rey might bring something back to that title.

Meh. I'm less enthusiastic about this now. Rey looked very fat against Santino. He was in excellent shape in his matches against Edge at the Rumble and No Way Out. Not anymore. Hopefully he'll work it off. Live, he also looked less than convincing. Maybe he's benefited from all that editing Smackdown gets. Or maybe it's just accumulated ring rust from all his injuries.

Most likely explanation, of course, is that Rey was facing Santino. No one looks very good against Santino. It's also a bit of an insult. Rey's a former WHC. Last time we saw him he was battling it out with Edge for the title. And his debut match on RAW is against...Santino? Urgghhh. I agree that RAW won't suit him. Rey going over Batista, Cena, Kane, JBL? With his size? It's just not credible. He'd have been better off on ECW. More cruiserweights for him to whup, it suits his style, and he would have added some much-needed lustre to ECW's ME scene. Rey as ECW champ? Sounds great, no?

I am being honest when I say that I don't like this move. I have never really liked Rey Mysterio. A lot of people are fans of his work, but I don't see what the big deal is about. If he was athletic at some point, then I think that he's lost a lot of it. He isn't really exciting, and I hate watching him win against opponents that are a lot larger than him. I just can't get into that because I don't think it would happen in real life.

I thought he was fine on Smackdown because that is where most of his fan base is. While I don't think that he will do much on Raw, he can probably get over with the kids. So maybe it is a good move for the WWE, especially with them wanting a PG rating and trying to become more kid-accessable.

I am being honest when I say that I don't like this move. I have never really liked Rey Mysterio. A lot of people are fans of his work, but I don't see what the big deal is about. If he was athletic at some point, then I think that he's lost a lot of it. He isn't really exciting, and I hate watching him win against opponents that are a lot larger than him. I just can't get into that because I don't think it would happen in real life.

I thought he was fine on Smackdown because that is where most of his fan base is. While I don't think that he will do much on Raw, he can probably get over with the kids. So maybe it is a good move for the WWE, especially with them wanting a PG rating and trying to become more kid-accessable.

You probably don't see it in him. He really is talented in the ropes and that's why he's popular. Not only kids but a lot of adults like him too. His wrestling abilities can't be matched. Now I know Evan Bourne is sizing up to becoming a great speedy wrestler but their styles are still different.

Rey Mysterio will never be a world champion again due to his size but he will be Intercontinental champion if theh let him. Mysterio can be used in a similar way Shawn Michaels is used, to build up younger stars. He could easily feud with Paul Burchill, Lance Cade and also fued with the big once such as JBL (done to death) and Chris Jericho. Kane and Mysterio would be the ultimate little man-big man feud though it probably would not be so believeable and would probably make Kane look weak. This is a good move for WWE because Mysterio is on the downside of his career and needs to be given fresh matareial to work with.

All in all, a pretty good move for Rey, like everyone has said, he was stale on Smackdown, now he has an opportunity for some fresh feuds and matches, I don't think he'll be involved in the heavyweight title scene as before but definitely the IC title scene, I'd kill for a Rey-Kofi match. Also, there are many others I'd want to see, Rey vs. Y2J- a little blast from the past. Rey vs. HBK, all that could end up being highly entertaining and action-packed matches.

However, what is up with Rey right now? After that little thing with Santino, where has Rey been? Has he re-injured himself already?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back