Reviewing some old school Wrestlemanias.

Toothlessagression1980

Occasional Pre-Show
Not going in order or anything but starting with wrestlemania 23 a very average show that fell flat. You have a few matches on this show that left just an utterly predictable feeling.

Match 1. You open up with the money in the bank I think the wrong guy ultimately won I still think cm punk should have won this one and then the next year it should have been hardy. And maybe punk was originally supposed to win this one because kennedy was originally supposed to wrestle flair on this wrestlemania but it is what it is. (Kennedy wins, it gets 3 out of 4 stars it was pretty good.

Match 2. You get an awful Match with kane and khali this was the wwe trying to recreate andre and hulk and it just didn’t work
(1 out of 4 stars and that 1 is just for effort)

Match 3. Mvp vs Beniot. Why didn’t mvp go over? I mean we didn’t know Beniot was going to be dead in the next few months but if the company had plans for him to go to ecw, why not just put the young guy over? Mvp was fresh he was new. I’ll give the match (2 out of 4) It was decent but that was a dumb booking decision.

Match 4. Undertaker vs Batista. Of course this is in the middle of the fucking card!! Apparently Dave had an additude problem backstage and as punishment they said you know what your not main eventing, your match is getting put smackdab in the middle of the card!! (3 out of 4 stars) Undertaker Carried Batista and I mean truly carried Dave to the best match of his career. You could actually maybe believe that Dave could have ended the streak unlike another match im going to talk about soon.

Match 5. A crappy ecw vs new breed match. Why in the hell did you not put the new Breed over? It makes no sense at all.
(1 out of 4)

Match 6. Hair vs hair match. One of the biggest problems with this was that it was utterly predictable.. you knew what was going to happen you knew who was going to get there head shaved. And the match itself was forgettable (1 out of 4)

Match 7. Forgettable lumber jill match won’t rate this because I don’t care.

Match 8. Main event. Cena vs Shawn Michaels now I remember reading that Shawn was supposed to actually win this Match but he said no.. this match to me was good but again it was just utterly predictable you knew god damn good and well that Cena wasn’t Losing this match. ( 3 out 4) it was good but just predictable.

So overall this show was just largely forgettable although I don’t agree with a YouTuber by the name of pspower who called this the worst wm of all time it’s not the worst but still it’s just a forgettable and average show.

Overall grade C+. Just average.

Old school WrestleMania's in the thread topic... I came in here fully expecting talk about stuff like 5, 6, etc. Even 8-10 would've been ok.

OP started at 23... man I feel old :-(

In regards to Kane vs. Khali... Did you know:

The dirt sheets at the time originally had the match penned as Hogan vs. Khali. It would've been an attempt to recreate the spot from 20 years prior at Mania 3, but with Hogan slamming Khali this time. Added to which, it was also to be the wrestling portion of the ill-fated "Battle of the Billionaires" between Vince McMahon and Donald Trump. A blow up between McMahon and Hogan happened, supposedly over money, and the match was scrapped. Kane got Khali in the end (still attempting to recreate the spot from Mania 3) but without Hogan it just wasn't the same.

Last edited:
This wrestlemania is 11 years old smartass that’s pretty old and like I said I’m not going in order.

Nevertheless, your frame of reference for something being "old" is 11 years ago. Mine is like a decade and a half prior to that (at least). Hence why I said I feel old :)

Also, the name-calling isn't necessary.

If only this forum had an Old School Wrestling Section this thread would fit perfectly.

Never watched any of the show besides the main event and some other highlights. I think I chose wisely. Main event was very entertaining, the rest seemed like a waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back