• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Revamping the Roster #1: AJ and Aksana

Shotaro

WZCW's James Howard
Hi folks,

First created thread on here but this idea has been brewing in me for a while. The WWE has a problem, it's roster is full of generic, boring, run of the mill characters. Most of the wrestlers on the roster right now are "normal people" who happen to be able to wrestle (there are of course some exceptions). What I'd like to do here is get the forum talking about ways to tweak a superstar to make them more marketable and generally more entertaining.

It seemed logical to go through the Roster alphabetically - with a special double thread for the Divas AJ and Aksana. Which kind of sucks but at the same time If this one goes well - next weeks Alberto Del Riiiioooooo - should be really fun.

Anyway

AJ

AJ is one of the unusual ones, her current "gimmick" is that of lovable nerdy chick and girlfriend of Daniel Bryan. I don't think she needs to be rebuild from the ground up - she just needs to be more defined - a couple of good backstage segments involving video games would establish her character really well. I think this could work as a face gimmick where she admonishes people for cheating but let's go with a HEEL gimmick for the time being.

There are a couple of guys who are known to play video games and THQ does a tournament with the superstars each year on the latest game. When WWE promote that have the winner be announced via vignette -also have AJ not be part of the tournament.

The winner could say something like "I'm happy to win, but I wish AJ was there - she kicks everyone's ass in the locker room!"

Have her win a match in the locker room and have someone catch her cheating. At the same time get her to start racking up some wins in the ring (she can go so that shouldn't be too much of an issue) then have people watch her matches more closely - turns out her "hot streak" is because she cheats in the ring too - subtle things, like catching the eye of her opponent when releasing a headlock. It would make her that bit more defined and I think would really work.

AKSANA

Ok Aksana needs her thing with Teddy Long to pay off already - have her turn in incriminating photos to get him fired (or if he's married "divorced") have her be doing all this just so she can get a match. Hell have her find proof Long is corrupt. ANYTHING! She's not the best in the ring but she's far from the worst - I think she would work as a face but she'll inevitably be a heel when (if) she finally debuts - honestly I've put some real thought into the roster while I was taking about this whole thing and I really am honestly struggling to think of something good for her as a character.

---------------------------------------------

That post was a lot longer than I was expected but what the hell, read, comment,offer alternative ideas, make obscene jokes about my parentage, whatever. Hope you found what I had to say at least worth reading and commenting on.

If this kind of works it'll be a semi-regular thing. I came to these forums to vent and get out my ideas because no-one and I mean literally no-one I know IRL cares about wrestling. Half of them didn't even watch when they were teenagers during the attitude era. My GF gave it a chance but she couldn't get past it when she saw a kick clearly not make contact then get sold as though someone's head had just been knocked off. I look forward to seeing what you all think.

First of all, after seeing the thread, i won't make an obscene joke about your parentage.
Now that we got that out of the way let's get down to business.
First about AJ. I think she can be one of the few interesting divas if she developes her character a little bit. Her character is somewhat unknown in divas. It is unique. And getting her involved with Daniel Bryan and his championship is getting her over. Hope she can build on that after this angle is over and rack up a few wins inside the ring. I liked the video game idea.
And now to Aksana. She's hot, nothing else. The only way for her to stay relevant is through sexual innuendos and teddy long. And you are right about getting a conclusion to this affair or whatever you call it with teddy. She gets a reaction, the reaction you might expect when guys see her.

WWE could get AJ over HUGE.

Think about it, move her over to RAW. Repackage her the way they did with Lita back in 2000/2001. Lita was HUGE with girls who related to her, rock music, off the charts, she was just cool.

I understand not every girl out there plays video games, but that is a huge market they can capitalise on and relate to. A Shy girl who plays Xbox, AJ brings up her confidence because they see themselves through her. Big money there.

Im not saying make her Lita 2.0

But something similar to the way they built her up.

First of all, after seeing the thread, i won't make an obscene joke about your parentage.
Now that we got that out of the way let's get down to business.
First about AJ. I think she can be one of the few interesting divas if she developes her character a little bit. Her character is somewhat unknown in divas. It is unique. And getting her involved with Daniel Bryan and his championship is getting her over. Hope she can build on that after this angle is over and rack up a few wins inside the ring. I liked the video game idea.
And now to Aksana. She's hot, nothing else. The only way for her to stay relevant is through sexual innuendos and teddy long. And you are right about getting a conclusion to this affair or whatever you call it with teddy. She gets a reaction, the reaction you might expect when guys see her.

I agree on both fronts - AJ can be a really key player in the Divas division. She has the look and the skills and now that she's getting over as a face they need to make a call - does she realize Bryan is no good and ditch him (Staying a face) or does she also turn to the dark (heel) side? I hope they go the latter and make her a heel. Her small frame and "what me?" look would suit a win at all costs heel right to the ground.

Spot on about Aksana by the way. She could have half decent matches though if they gave her a chance. It was clear on NXT that she was kinda green but at the same time she showed a lot of promise. As a side note are all of the NXT ladies now on regular WWE shows? Or have I forgotten one of them?

WWE could get AJ over HUGE.

Think about it, move her over to RAW. Repackage her the way they did with Lita back in 2000/2001. Lita was HUGE with girls who related to her, rock music, off the charts, she was just cool.

I understand not every girl out there plays video games, but that is a huge market they can capitalise on and relate to. A Shy girl who plays Xbox, AJ brings up her confidence because they see themselves through her. Big money there.

Im not saying make her Lita 2.0

But something similar to the way they built her up.

That would work. I agree she could be the next face of the Divas division. All the ground work is there they just need to get her push in motion and not having her job out all the time (when her and Kaitlyn lose she always takes the pin)

I like the idea of Aj and the video game and I believe that @Its_A_Snake! idea was on point. I for one believe Aj could get over with a Lita type push from 2000. Only the IWC remembers how that happened and it would be refreshing to the new fans.

As for Aksana, I was looking at her run NXT and when I saw her come out with Goldust, I thought to myself wow they would be good together. She would have made a perfect manager for Goldust. To be he is about to retire. I could see her helping Goldust. He could go on a winning streak with her and BAM!!, out of nowhere Cody Rhodes hits his finisher on Aksana causing Goldust/Rhodes to fued for WM.

I like the idea of Aj and the video game and I believe that @Its_A_Snake! idea was on point. I for one believe Aj could get over with a Lita type push from 2000. Only the IWC remembers how that happened and it would be refreshing to the new fans.

As for Aksana, I was looking at her run NXT and when I saw her come out with Goldust, I thought to myself wow they would be good together. She would have made a perfect manager for Goldust. To be he is about to retire. I could see her helping Goldust. He could go on a winning streak with her and BAM!!, out of nowhere Cody Rhodes hits his finisher on Aksana causing Goldust/Rhodes to fued for WM.

I agree that would be the perfect way to generate a bigger feud between Cody and Goldy, however I don't know how far in NXT series 3 you are, but, well it doesn't exactly end well for Goldy in that one. I think they'd maybe be wasting her a bit if they only use her as a valet, she is at least better than Kaitlyn, and yet Kaitlyn has televised matches and Aksana doesn't

Im going to deal with just AJ because I cant stand Aksana.

AJ could work well on RAW fighting against Eve. Have AJ come back from the injury and leave Bryan. Next week she shows up on RAW and runs into Eve. Eve is pissed and Kane's "embrace the hate" takes over on her. What was supposed to be a standard diva match turns ugly as Eve just outright takes her frustrations out on AJ.

Turn this into Eve going nuts on the divas and AJ making the save. Make AJ be the hero and finally bring Eve back down. From there Eve and AJ are on the same side.

Its going to help put AJ over but also keep Eve on the verge of going full blown heel.

OR, if the Divas of Doom would become awesome again, have her join forces with them. There was talk of putting Katlyn with them but nothing came of it.

Im going to deal with just AJ because I cant stand Aksana.

AJ could work well on RAW fighting against Eve. Have AJ come back from the injury and leave Bryan. Next week she shows up on RAW and runs into Eve. Eve is pissed and Kane's "embrace the hate" takes over on her. What was supposed to be a standard diva match turns ugly as Eve just outright takes her frustrations out on AJ.

Turn this into Eve going nuts on the divas and AJ making the save. Make AJ be the hero and finally bring Eve back down. From there Eve and AJ are on the same side.

Its going to help put AJ over but also keep Eve on the verge of going full blown heel.

OR, if the Divas of Doom would become awesome again, have her join forces with them. There was talk of putting Katlyn with them but nothing came of it.

Didn't they go as far as filming her heel turn in fact? I think that is a good way of keeping AJ a face and helping out Eve's heel turn along the way.

Really liking the ideas people are coming up with for relatively minor members of the roster. Someone like ADR should be really interesting...

I enjoy watching AJ. I think she should've been pushed against Beth Phoenix after Kelly Kelly and Eve had their chances. They really could've gone down the cliche "David vs. Goliath" route, only AJ could actually win with something other than a roll-up in this case. I agree with others in this thread that she could very well be the next face of the Womens/Divas division, because she comes across as someone that both males and females can relate to. For the males, she's enjoys video games, anime, comic books and that sort of thing that guys enjoy. For the females, she comes across as a more average and natural girl than Kelly Kelly. I always thought the WWE should've done something to enchance that aspect of AJ. Much like Rey Mysterio does around WrestleMania or like John Cena did when he debuted 10 years ago, they should've had her showcase certain character colors in her wrestling attire (like Chun-Li, Elektra, Sailor Moon and Lara Croft). But that's just me.

As for Aksana, I'm not really sold on her. I think she could do very well in a valet role, but not too sure on her as a wrestler. I really do agree that the WWE should have some pay-off by now with this whole thing with Teddy Long. Although, I can't help but feel this is very reminiscent of the angle with Kristal Marshall five years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

I really like AJ she like the gilr next i think she could go far in the company. Shes the kinda girl I can relate to alot with the with which is something that will always win me over. I really like her gimmick and I think she should pushed she would do well. But unfortunatlly I dont think shes coming back for while.

As for Aksana I really wish they would rap this whole Teddy Long thing already would have to be something big to hold my interest on this one. She should be a vanet.maager and only get in the ring when necessary.

AJ- Her current gimmick is fine. She is actually one of the better in ring divas. When she comes back she should dump Daniel Bryan and stay babyface. Use her in actual wrestling matches. Start a feud with Kaityln or Natty.

Aksana- I agree she should somehow blackmail Teddy. Force Teddy to resign for a new heel gm. She basically becomes what Sable was back in the day to the new heel gm. I really dont want to see her wrestle much.

This is a bad start to a good thread. Great idea, I just don't think either of these woman need revamping. I like where they both are right now.

You could argue that AJ is the most important diva on the roster right now. She's in the middle of a world championship fued, and I think getting trampled by Big Show is definitely more important than being Diva's champ right now. Its funny, but true. But whenever they separate her from DBD & WWE 13 comes around, it would be cool seeing her have segments beating all the guys in the game.

With Aksana, less is more. I look at her as the hottest diva right now, and the only way I can try to explain that is because I see less of her and they accentuate all her assets with that sexy, nasty leather. Mm. Call me crazy, but she has some sexy ARMS! Lol. They look strong, but soft, my kind of woman. And she's a fitness girl, which is better than cheerleaders & amazon women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back