Returns You Would Like To See

Hero_Kid

Dark Match Winner
ok i was just thinking it has been alot of people that has left the WWE so my question and point of this thread is simple:

Who would You want to see return??

I would like to see the boogeyman return i really liked and thought his gimmick was nasty not alot of men would eat worms week in week out. It might not happen because kiddies would have nightmares but it would still be fun.

I also would like to see Londrick (Paul London & Brian Kendricks) because they where one of the best tag teams ever (IMO) there moves where awesome and they had unbelievable chemistry

Your Turn

I personally don't want to hear anything about superstar returns, because we've had an outstanding return + match involving The Rock, but the IWC plus CM Punk-Ass has attempted to scrutinize and criticize him to death. I wouldn't want anyone returning just so they can be buried by CM Punk-Ass.

I personally don't want to hear anything about superstar returns, because we've had an outstanding return + match involving The Rock, but the IWC plus CM Punk-Ass has attempted to scrutinize and criticize him to death. I wouldn't want anyone returning just so they can be buried by CM Punk-Ass.

Where do you get that Punk's burying folk? Punk's problem with the Rock is that he isn't working a full schedule and walks into the main event. If someone came back that was working a full schedule I'm sure he wouldn't give a fuck. I know personally if I worked day in day out on something and then someone who'd left the company to do something else came in and walked straight into my job I'd be pretty pissed off. Anyway off topic sorry.

I'm still holding out on Jericho coming back but that's been discussed to death so I won't go into it.

I wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Paul London come back in. I doubt he'd want to from what I've heard but he could work great matches with the likes of Sin Cara, when he's back from injury, Justin Gabriel etc. I know WWE doesn't look like they'll be bringing back the CW division but I'd still love for it to happen and have guys like London, Kendrick and so on making their way back to the WWE.

I dont know why, but Id love to see Bill Goldberg return for a short run.

I was always a huge Goldberg fan as a kid and still think he could contribute.

Good topic to start IMO, nice one mate.

Returns are always the biggest moments in wrestling for the long-time fans - seeing a guy you grew up watching make their way down the ramp one more time. There's a fair few competitors that I'd like to see reappear, but this is the edited highlights:

Chris Jericho Yes, it's painfully predictable. And yes, it seems he may be coming now, as one of the candidates for the completion of itbegins2012. But still, there's no denying that no matter what gimmick he competes with, Chris Jericho is an unstoppably entertaining man. Whether it was the clown, the joker that was Y2J, or my personal preference, the arrogant narcissist who was quite simply the best in the world at what he did, you wanted to hear Jericho speak, you listened to what he said. He was a great competitor in the ring, one of the most technically gifted, and one of the most entertaining.

Rhino/Rhyno I know a slightly strange choice, but I always liked Rhino. If you properly billed him the way he should be, as an unstoppable beast, he could have another serious run in any company. Have him re-emerge completely unannounced during a US Title match, Gore the fuck out of Zack Ryder and build him as a monster heel. He could easily be a great beast character, particularly if you perhaps give him a manager as a mouthpiece (Just please, please not Vickie Guerrero. Anybody but her.) and just leave him off the mic, just literally come to the ring, tear somebody to shreds and leave.

Matt Hardy And there's the controversial one. Yes, fine, he's fucked things up. He's ruined his career, thrown it away and then got kicked out of rehab just to top it all off. But if he could get himself cleaned up, if he could turn himself around the way he needs to, I'd be over the moon to see him given a final run. Let's face it, he's gone too far to push himself back to the top, but an Intercontinental/US title reign would not, to be, be off the cards. I suppose he could go back to Impact and be a world champ there, but I would like to see him back in the biggest company one last time. You never know.

Smaller question here, not so much a full return I want to see but still a valid question - where the feck is Drew McIntyre these days? I loved that guy...

Kaval / Low Ki - If he was given time to adapt to the WWE style of things, and given a proper creative support, he could be a very nice midcarder (or, at least, better than Sin Cara). Most likely never happening.

The person who I would LOVE to see return would be The Living Legend Bruno Sammartino. I would love to see him be WWE champion one last time. I mean even at 75 he can still work out far better then most 20 year olds with steriods.

no one really looks like we are setting up on

kane return (with the mask thats a nice change)

Y2J or taker (i think its taker return video the itbegins2012)

plus we have had the rock return and mick foley. its time for a break from returns they should just work on the two returns there building now

There's no one out there that I really want back. I love the roster right now. If a guy like Jericho, or Angle, hell, even Goldberg were to come back, rad. If not...that's fine. So I guess I don't "want" anyone to come back. Though I wouldn't mind a few guys if it were to happen.

It's rather obvious that eveyone would like to see the likes of Angle, Jericho, Undertaker and Austin( if healthy) come back. These guys are legends of the business and have millions of fans all around the world. But apart from these guys the guy whom I really want to see make a comeback in the WWE is Colt Cabana.

CM Punk got a huge pop during his entrance at Survivor Series and at times you could hear a clear Colt Cabana chant during his pop. The crowd was popping for his name whenever it was mentioned by Punk in his shoot promos as well. Punk has promised to be an agent of change and make wrestling fun again. Considering that he mentioned Cabana's firing as an unjust move, bringing Cabana back could be a good place to start. And it is not that Cabana is not a talented superstar. He is a funny guy and a genuinely good wrestler and he has a history with CM Punk as well. Of course, I do not want him to come in as Scotty Goldman again. This time he should come in as Colt Cabana, the indy legend and close personal friend of CM Punk. Punk is so over right now that an endorsement from him would be like an endorsement from God in the WWE at this point. Cabana has all the ability in the world to become a star and given a good start there is no reason to think why he cannot succeed.

The returns that I would like to see:

Gregory Helms: I am a fan of his in ring work, no matter if I don't like his attitude OUTSIDE. He could bring some great matches with Ziggler, Morrison and the like

Fit Finlay: For some reason, I want to see Fit and Regal get it on once last time. And a decent battle between Finlay and Sheamus

I don't really look into the idea of a Goldberg, or Stone cold

The return that stands out the most for me as one I'd like to see is Jericho because WWE really needs him right now. He would be perfect in the role Michaels used to be in. A veteran legend still on the roster who helps put over new stars and still steals the show. I would want to see him return, have one more title run, perhaps feud with Taker at Wrestlemania, and put over a couple of future stars. Barrett comes to mind, they had history going back to the first season of NXT that could be brought up.

i too would love to see boogyman back in wwe or tna.he was the most interesting character they had in awhile.hated to see him go.suicide was a cool character for tna id like to see him more.and 2 more raven and rhyno.both are great story tellers in ring and i would love to see them back.

I would love to see RVD come back. I think it would be awesome to see a feud between RVD and CM PUNK. This match will be more epic if it were to be done in wrestlemania 28. I would also like to see suicide in wwe.

Sean O'haire, I just loved his devil's advocate persona, he was good on the mic and was pretty good in the ring. He could have been a big star, and I always enjoyed his work, and The only issue is his age, he is 40, so he wouldn't be around very long.

Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana- he was just misused in the past when he was in the WWE earlier as Scotty Goldman, but he is a talented individual, as Proven by his use in the NWA, ROH, and he was the first person listed in the Wrestling Revolution Project, Whenever that is going to start.

I would love to see RVD come back. I think it would be awesome to see a feud between RVD and CM PUNK. This match will be more epic if it were to be done in wrestlemania 28. I would also like to see suicide in wwe.

RVD v Punk would be awful. RVD has always been a mediocre wrestler at best, who could do some awesome spots. RVD hasn't been even moderately interesting to me since he was partnered up as Kane. Let's have Punk feud with a lot of the great guys the E has right now. Not even just top guys, shit, his match with Ziggler last night showed great promise for the future.

I want a return of Mankind, not Mick Foley, and not the happy-go-lucky Mr. Socko toting Mankind. I want the Mankind that sits in the boiler room in a puddle of his own piss reading nursery rhymes to rodents.

The reason I ask for this is because I have absolutely zero interest in seeing the Undertaker take on anyone on the current roster at Wrestlemania since he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of losing. Undertaker/HHH part 3 doesn't interest me and neither does Undertaker vs any other part timer. Taker/Mankind hasn't been done in well over a decade. It would be fun, and it would be a hit if they built it up right and introduced the rivalry to the younger generation. Plus, maybe I'm way off here, but I think they could still deliver one great match without legitimately killing eachother.

Who I want Back

APA- I would love to see the APA come back even if it's for one night Only. Have somebody like Santino or Zack Ryder go in a 6 man tag team match agsinst a 3 man faction, and have them backstage talking to mysterious partners unknwon and then when it's time to introduce them, their music hits, and here comes 2 big ole dudes in APA Beer and Brothel shirts or Kick A** for Cash shirts heading to the Ring.

Cryme Tyme- Hey YO YO YO YO YO......Bring back Shad. JTG looks like a miserable heel. He looks lost, and in trouble of getting release if he can't find his role in the WWE.

Rikishi and Too Cool- Bring my Boys back. There was no post match celebration like a Too Cool Celebration, and their entrance theme the 1st one, there was nothing like it.

Road Dogg Jesse James- Oh if You didn't know, somebody a** betta call Road Dogg Jesse James and tell him he's needed back in the ring. I know he got the agent Job. But he's one of the few that could still get a loud pop from the crowd.

Shawn Michaels- If Retirements wasn't real, I say Bring Back Shawn Michaels. Yes to everything there's a season, but the season done came and gone too soon. We know he got another year or two left in him. But after that retirement celebration, it's going to be pretty hard to top. But if it's really necessary for him to come back, he will come back.

I want a return of Mankind, not Mick Foley, and not the happy-go-lucky Mr. Socko toting Mankind. I want the Mankind that sits in the boiler room in a puddle of his own piss reading nursery rhymes to rodents.

The reason I ask for this is because I have absolutely zero interest in seeing the Undertaker take on anyone on the current roster at Wrestlemania since he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of losing. Undertaker/HHH part 3 doesn't interest me and neither does Undertaker vs any other part timer. Taker/Mankind hasn't been done in well over a decade. It would be fun, and it would be a hit if they built it up right and introduced the rivalry to the younger generation. Plus, maybe I'm way off here, but I think they could still deliver one great match without legitimately killing eachother.

I love Foley, and I love Undertaker. There is no way they could put on a good match with each other now, considering they are both in "I need someone to carry me" mode. Which is fine, because they can accept that assistance by their opponent and make everything look fantastic. They are not a good match for each other, though.

Who I want Back

APA- I would love to see the APA come back even if it's for one night Only. Have somebody like Santino or Zack Ryder go in a 6 man tag team match agsinst a 3 man faction, and have them backstage talking to mysterious partners unknwon and then when it's time to introduce them, their music hits, and here comes 2 big ole dudes in APA Beer and Brothel shirts or Kick A** for Cash shirts heading to the Ring.

Cryme Tyme- Hey YO YO YO YO YO......Bring back Shad. JTG looks like a miserable heel. He looks lost, and in trouble of getting release if he can't find his role in the WWE.

Rikishi and Too Cool- Bring my Boys back. There was no post match celebration like a Too Cool Celebration, and their entrance theme the 1st one, there was nothing like it.

Road Dogg Jesse James- Oh if You didn't know, somebody a** betta call Road Dogg Jesse James and tell him he's needed back in the ring. I know he got the agent Job. But he's one of the few that could still get a loud pop from the crowd.

Shawn Michaels- If Retirements wasn't real, I say Bring Back Shawn Michaels. Yes to everything there's a season, but the season done came and gone too soon. We know he got another year or two left in him. But after that retirement celebration, it's going to be pretty hard to top. But if it's really necessary for him to come back, he will come back.

Dear God no to those three. The other two, take it or leave it. I think Michaels went out on a perfect note. Let's leave it at that. Actually, Jesse James can screw off, too. He was not so good. Let him be an agent, that's a nice kush job for him.

I don't think there's anyone I'd really want to see come back. Not REALLY. I mean, yeah it'd be great to see Batista, Taker, Kane, Y2J, Goldberg, etc... but at the end of the day what I'd rather see is a bunch of different undercard guys that have this great look, get pushed to mid-card status, given time on the mic and allowed a chance to get over the crowd the same way people were back in the attitude era. If there was ONE thing that the attitude era did well it was spreading the love around to all the guys in the WWE that had any shot of making a name for themselves.

Push Tyler Reks, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd, and a vast number of other guys. Give them intercontinental title shots against Cody Rhodes, or US title shots against Ziggler, and allow them a chance to cut a promo and create an interesting storyline for their feud. Rhodes and Ziggler are more than talented enough to carry the match if need be, and if nothing comes of the feud so what? It's just another feather in the cap to make Rhodes and Ziggler look like strong mid-card champions, and if something special is created by one of these undercard guys, then even better, they can lose their feud for the title and then get featured on Raw or Smackdown more often with speaking roles and try again later and maybe supplant Rhodes or Ziggler.

At this point in time Ziggler has proven to me with his last match against CM Punk that he is ready for the bigtime. Ziggler just needs to wait his turn at this point, and there's no rush, but when his time comes Ziggler is going to shine in a WHC or WWE championship feud. Rhodes is nearly there too, these guys are right where they need to be and they should be working with the undercard getting them ready to fill their shoes when Ziggler and Rhodes move up to the main event.

You give me that? And I'll be completely happy never seeing any more returns from guys that aren't currently on the roster.

EDIT: BTW That's why I'm happy seeing Ziggler vs Ryder, because this is the EXACT kind of feud and push I'm talking about. Best of all Ryder is proving he can get over with the fans and he's likely to succeed at taking Ziggler's spot. At which point Ryder needs to focus on helping new undercard guys make a name for themselves while getting matches here and there with the main eventers to see how fans react. If they react positively like they just did for Ziggler vs Punk, then Ryder will be ready for the bigtime and just needs to find the right guy to replace him.

Also, I really hope Ryder doesn't beat Ziggler for the US championship right off the bat. I hope Ziggler pins him because of Vickie's interference, and Ryder gets a rematch where he wins by countout or DQ, and then finally one more rematch where he takes the title, and then Ziggler doesn't go for a rematch, he goes for a bigger and better title.

I'd love to see Kurt Angle back in a WWE ring. Its completely selfish and I have no idea how to use him, but I really just wanna see him back. Face or Heel, I really don't care at all. I'm not at all against TNA and how they're using him, I'm just a WWE guy and want him back on our side.

I'd love to see the APA back for a night too, just swoop in and demolish a few people, than leave.

Actually scratch all of that. Lita, Jazz, and Trish Stratus. I'm not a big fan of the current divas roster, and honestly not a fan of women's wrestling. But when these women were leading the division it was actually entertaining. They actually put in the effort to learn to wrestle. I'd love for them to come back just to show half these "divas" how to do their fucking job. Just because Kelly Kelly is a good looking girl, doesn't mean I'm not going to change the channel after the first 30 seconds to see what Family Guy repeat is on.

Wrestlers i'd like to see return to WWE:

Brock Lesnar - Hopefully he gets bored of UFC and returns to WWE where he belongs to rival with the top guys, Punk vs Lesnar would be amazing.

Jericho - Looks like he's on the way back in 2012, looking forward to it.

Chris Masters - Bad move to release him, he could've done so much more

Goldberg - Probably won't ever return but if it ever did it would be epic to see HHH vs Goldberg one more time

Batista - Would really shake things up, i would pay just to see Batista vs Mason Ryan in a roid on a pole match

Michael Tarver - Yeahhhh just kidding :)

I would like to see a 70 year old Ric Flair come back to try to prove he still has it. I think that could be entertaining as hell for a few months until he finally accepts he can't go anymore.

I thought Chris Masters had a much better second go with the WWE and wouldn't mind him back in the mid card.

Bull Buchanan could have a quick feud with Cena to keep him out of the title picture for a bit.

Whatever happened to Mordecai? I loved the character.

Smaller question here, not so much a full return I want to see but still a valid question - where the feck is Drew McIntyre these days? I loved that guy...

thats what i was going to say, he was a great IC champion and I think he should enter that title picture again, or run for the US title. This guy was great. he would be a nice return.

also Joe Hennig seems to have fallen off the face of the earth recently too, he needs a come back as a Hennig and NOT Mcgullicutty.

As for a popular name... Y2J has to make at least one more comeback, just to put CM Punk over at WM28, They are both very intelligent on the mic and could work some great promo's together. And there in ring work is very similar and I think they could tear the roof off of WM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back